Oceanside Travel Answers

change location
zenastar's Profile Photo

San Clemente State Beach

by zenastar Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

The closest forum to this site is Oceanside but I really want to know about San Clemente State Beach. There is very little information on the websight and no one answers the phone when I call the office.
I want to camp at this beach for the weekend of June 12th. It's my boyfriends 30th birthday so I want everything to go off without a hitch. The reserveamerica websight says they are fully booked.

I want to know if they have any walk-in camp sights set aside for people who were not able to make reservations and how many.
What are the chances that I can get a tent (NOT RV) campsight if I show up Thursday night without a reservation? What is the cost?
Any other information will help.

Thanks, Zena

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: San Clemente State Beach

by lmkluque Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 9:45 PM

This is a pretty popular place, but it might be early enough in the season to find a spot not taken. However, I wouldn't count on walking in to get a camp site.

You can reserve a place on-line:

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=646

Hope it's not too late!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

by KimberlyAnn Online Now Jun 3, 2009 at 11:58 AM

This is a very popular place in the summer time. I imagine that the site you visited was the park's official park webpage, if not, try this link.

parks.ca.gov/default.asp?pag...

I am pretty sure that they had "Hike or Bike" campsites for people who are camping with tents, but I did a quick web search for these, and could find no helpful information about these. If you haven't tried these phone numbers, give them a try. 949-492-3156 or 1-800-444-7275

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

by GracesTrips Online Now Jun 3, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I'm not that familiar with the beach but I believe some of it may be off limits. There is not much there as far as a town to hang out at. You're better off with Laguna Beach, Oceanside, Danapoint, Balboa, Hungtington Beach. You'll find restaurants, bars and shops in these other towns.

I also know California is going through a crisis with our state budget. The governor has indicated some of the areas they will cut funding and state parks are part of that. When? I'm not sure.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines