Oceanside Travel Answers

change location
hayward68's Profile Photo

October climate?

by hayward68 Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 1:17 PM

I'm headed to Oceanside for 5 days in October, flight's booked (thank you airmiles!) but need to find out what the weather is like at that time of year. I'm assuming it's still fairly warm? And if so, approximately how warm? Need to know so that I pack correctly :-) Thanks! Laura

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • Docu2001's Profile Photo

Re: October climate?

by Docu2001 Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 1:42 PM

Which country?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hayward68's Profile Photo

by hayward68 Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 2:23 PM

Well now, if you'd clicked on the Oceanside link at the top of my question you'd see that it's in California. I know on the world forum page the country doesn't show up, but one more click would have answered your question :-)

Re: Re: October climate?

by Docu2001 Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 2:40 PM

Thanks for the lesson... I didn't know that ... As a general rule, unless a city is so well known that it doesn't require further explanation (like Berlin, Los Angeles, London), listing the country or state reduces confusion. Just two little keystrokes ... CA ... In October the weather in Oceanside,CA will be much the same that it is most of the rest of the year .... warm days - cool nights .. Shirt-sleeves during the day - light sweater or jacket at night ... it's a nic time of year ... not quite as toasty as summer and not as wet as deep winter.

by hayward68 Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 2:44 PM

I didn't put the state because I figured those who know Oceanside would know where I mean :-\ Oh well, thanks for the info anyway. I just figured since I'd placed the question in the Oceanside, California, USA forum that it would at least show up under the USA forum, the only one it doesn't show the country is the world page.

by Docu2001 Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 2:48 PM

Have fun ... and take that sweater for chiily nights walking on the beach ...

by hayward68 Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 5:22 PM

Will do! Looking forward to dipping my toes in the Pacific again :-)

• Rutherite1's Profile Photo

by Rutherite1 Online Now Aug 23, 2003 at 1:00 AM

Has anyone heard of Santa Ana winds? 'Cos in October, if and when the Santa Ana wind kicks in, it can reach into the upper 90s, along the coast; on the other hand, in the desert areas, only in the 80s or very low 90s... I think even the SF Bay area, Portland-PDX... sometimes, it happens there too... where the high pressure sits in the 4-corner states for a lengthy of time (wouldn't move an inch)... and then, the wind will be blowing westward (the hot air from the desert interior, will be blown towards the ocean)... sorry, explaining too much here... I love weather... ciao for now...

by hayward68 Online Now Aug 23, 2003 at 7:23 AM

I'll be staying with a couple of VT friends so I'm at their disposal ;-) I'm hoping we have a VT meeting :-) Would like to get into San Diego and we might make a run for the border just for the heck of it ;-) I guess if it could be windy I'd better leave the full skirts at home!

• Rutherite1's Profile Photo

by Rutherite1 Online Now Aug 24, 2003 at 1:59 AM

Did someone say, don't take my advice, about the Santa Ana wind? That's kinda rude. I hope you won't get that sort of wind, when you are in Oceanside. Do you think you'd like that, when it's 98+ in Oceanside, next to the beach, with about 10 % humidity or less? and with g-d knows how many miles per hour for the wind... (there are criterias that wind has to meet...in order to qualify to be santa ana winds). nite

• EyesOfanAngel's Profile Photo

by EyesOfanAngel Online Now Feb 11, 2004 at 9:40 AM

Oceanside usually ranged from about 65-70 degrees, since it is on the coast. I would recommend bringing cool clothes, but also a jacket for when i gets windy. Dont forget warm clothes for the night time. :) Hope this helps -Alexia

by EyesOfanAngel Online Now Feb 11, 2004 at 9:42 AM

I live 7 mins away from Oceanside trust me on this one :) But the beach is beautfil but could get quite chilly Dont foget to check out the gorgeous life guards!

by EyesOfanAngel Online Now Feb 11, 2004 at 9:43 AM

BEAUTIFUL NOT BEAUTIFIL OOPS

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines