From Obidos how easy is it to use buses/trains to:
1) Go on a day trip to Alcobaca
2) Travel to Tomar

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Obidos

by SOLODANCER Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Take the bus, it's more accessible, frequest and convenient than the train. Alcobaca and Tomar are a short distance away from Obidos. You should include also in your visit the great church and town of Batalha which is within the same distance and area as the two. From these places, you'll be within a mere 1 1/2 hours into Lisbon. Check with the tourist office in Obidos. Enjoy and happy trails.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • solopes's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Obidos

by solopes Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 3:21 AM

You have direct buses from Obidos to Alcobaça, batalha and more - see http://www.rodotejo.pt/carreiras2.php
    For Tomar is more difficult - there is no direct conection. You should consider a connection in Leiria, to pick the express bus - http://www.rede-expressos.pt/0010.asp.
    Obidos is only 5 km from Caldas da Rainha, a much more efficient hub for transport. There you have the option of the two lines.
    Train is possible but not practical in this area - too slow with bad connections.
    Enjoy
    avelino

• Re: Travel from Obidos

by parawan Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 2:57 AM

Ah ha! I see perseverance is the key to these two sites you mentioned.
    Eventually I found the busses I wanted (on a Saturday too - I like to make things more challenging!). So now I am suitably reassured my itinary will work. I have even engineered a stop off in Batalha between Tomar and Obidos. Excellence! Only one week to go. Huzzah!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines