Oberammergau

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How long is needed?

by London08 Online Now Nov 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My partner and I are going to Germany in December and I'd like to do a day trip to Oberammergau but I'm not sure how long we should spend there. Is a whole day needed or just a couple of hours?

more
    • How long is needed?

by London08 Online Now Nov 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My partner and I are going to Germany in December and I'd like to do a day trip to Oberammergau but I'm not sure how long we should spend there. Is a whole day needed or just a couple of hours?

9 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • getting to Linderhof Castle

by jcerick2 Online Now Aug 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM

How do we access transportation from Oberammergau to Linderhof?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • From Fuessen to Oberammergau

by qqyoung Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 4:08 AM

I want to use bus travel from Fuessen to Oberammergau. Any service?

3 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • From Fuessen to Oberammergau

by qqyoung Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM

I want to use bus travel from Fuessen to Oberammergau. Any service?

4 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    • driving time and distance

by jhoog3 Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 5:07 AM

I plan on driving from Salzburg to Oberammergau. What is the best route and how long does it take?

6 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    • MizBlack's Profile Photo

Oberammergau to neuschwanstein castle

by MizBlack Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 8:38 AM

I'll be heading to Oberammergau for a day trip this december and would like to also visit neuschwanstein castle thereafter.

I don't drive, so i'm looking at how i can reach neuschwanstein castle through the use of public transport. It seems that there are buses from Oberammergau to neuschwanstein castle however, i cannot seem to get more information about this.

Does anyone have any idea which is the bus which i should take and also the travelling time required?

8 Answers Nov 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    • gifts

by joanbeihl Online Now Oct 18, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I am looking for a wood carving "I have held you in the palm of my Hands"
      In the year 2000,I purchased same and would like another.Can you help direct me to the carving shop which sold this piece.
      Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 18, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    • petitrenard's Profile Photo

Oberammergau environs--after the Passion Play sightseeing

by petitrenard Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Hi VT friends!--Six of us will be in Oberammergau for the Passion Play. We check out on June 2, 2010 and we plan to see the following nearby sights: Schloss Neuschwanstein, Schloss Hohenschwangau, and Schloss Linderhof/Attal. Most of the guided tours usually start from Munich, but since we are already in Oberammergau, what are our options? Accomodations in Oberammergau are difficult because of the on going play, so I was thinking of using Schwangau or any other town as a new base where we can stay for two nights to visit all the sights. Any suggestions? How do we get there from Oberammergau without renting a car? Or is it really better to rent one. Possibly two cars? Our next target destination is Salzburg, Austria. I don’t want to drive, so we plan to use the train (or fly?)-what would be the best car rental drop off point and train pick up point? Thanks for all your comments and replies.

6 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    • Passion Play tickets

by LorettaG Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Does anyone know about the availability of tickets for the Passion Play at this point in time? Would they be sold out by now? There is no indication on the website.

5 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    • Ettal Monastery

by peggyjane103 Online Now Nov 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM

When I arrive in Oberammergau can anyone provide me with information on local transportation from the Train station to the Ettal Monastery?

1 Answer Nov 7, 2009 at 1:39 PM
    • Erika Ringler Puppe

by caripan Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a shop in Oberammergau that sells Erika Ringler dolls? Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 31, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    • dags111's Profile Photo

Oberammergau to Linderhof at 830am, Taxi ?

by dags111 Online Now Mar 15, 2008 at 7:39 PM

I will be in Munich for 5 weeks from late April & looking at doing a daytrip to Oberammergau, Ettal & Linderhof by train & bus. This will be either a weekend or public holiday (business trip, so will be working the other days), so I'm trying to avoid getting to Linderhof at the busiest time of day, but the limited bus service makes it difficult.
      Ideally, I would get the early train from Munich, arrive Oberammergau 820am & go straight to Linderhof (somehow), get the 11am bus from Linderhof to Ettal, look around & have lunch & get the 2pm bus to Oberammergau & look around for an hour or 2 before heading back to Munich. I'm wondering is it possible to get a taxi from Oberammergau to Linderhof. If so, how hard to find a taxi & how much would it cost aproximately. Any other options to get to Linderhof at 830am. Hitchhike maybe ? Thought about hiring a bike, but I haven't ridden for 30 years, so maybe not.
      Steve

5 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 7:47 AM
    • BICYCLING FUESSEN TO OBERAMMERGAU

by LoveTraveling Online Now Jan 1, 2006 at 4:04 PM

We will be in Fuessen for a few days in july. Are their any bike routes leading there? Is it possible to go there and back on bikes? If not then best way to travel there for a day trip suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 2, 2006 at 10:51 AM
    • oberammergau

by billyh39 Online Now Aug 20, 2004 at 12:52 PM

are there any gay bars or meeting places in Oberammergau, germany?