Oberammergau Travel Answers

change location

Passion Play tickets

by LorettaG Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Does anyone know about the availability of tickets for the Passion Play at this point in time? Would they be sold out by now? There is no indication on the website.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • colares's Profile Photo

Re: Passion Play tickets

by colares Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Presently you can buy tickets only in combination with a package (hotel). The web site states, that ticket without package will be sold starting in spring.
    Have a look here: passionplay-oberammergau.com...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • swandav's Profile Photo

by swandav Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Hi,

Actually, the individual play tickets are sold out already as they went on sale in Sprin 2009.

So, yes, at this point you can only buy tickets as part of a hotel/play package. Just use the link given above and select "other Countries" (or else you'll get a list of tour operators who will also sell plane tickets, etc).

Hope you're getting all the info you need!

s

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

by lifeisatrip Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 3:07 AM

I acutally bought tickets just for the play, but this was in the spring of last year (I will not get my tickets until two months before the play). I made my own hotel reservations. Have I known, however, that I could have bought the combination package, I would have done it that way. It was difficult to find three hotel rooms as most hotels in the area are committed to the package deal.
    If you access their website and find a telephone number, that might be your best bet in finding out. I was able to speak to someone who spoke english. They had to go get her and that took a little bitof time.

passionplay-oberammergau.com...

I bought six tickets at €165.00 for 30 May. Two of which are for my friends coming from the states. If for any reaso, they can not come, I will have to sell them.

• Re: Passion Play tickets

by LorettaG Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Thank you all for your input. I am aware of the single tickets and hotel/play packages. I would be interested in a package but didn't know if they were sold out by now. We would like to travel on our own and don't want a complete tour package. Hotel/play packages are more expensive if purchased from an agency in the States. We will soon be faxing our request directly as directed on the website and will hope for the best as far as getting our choice of dates. Thank you again!

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

by lifeisatrip Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 11:51 PM

That should have read: 6 tickets @ €165.00 per ticket. So don't be surprised at the cost. Although the tickets I bought are not the cheapest ones, I think they're the second from the most expensive.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines