Oaxaca de Juárez Travel Answers

change location
rutamaya's Profile Photo

Cheap Hotel In Oaxaca for a group....

by rutamaya Online Now Jun 6, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Any one have some information on cheap hotels for a Group in Oaxaca. any recomentations and websites.

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mracine's Profile Photo

RE: Cheap Hotel In Oaxaca for a group....

by mracine Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 11:30 AM

Having taken groups to Oaxaca, I have one question: How large is your group? What age group are they? In the downtown area, I suggest the Hotel Calesa Real, which is centrally located and accommodates groups easily. Another choice if your group is small is Las Golondrinas, a garden B&B not far from the Calesa. If you will be using van transportation, try the Best Western Fortin Plaza, which is a bit of a walk from the Zocalo, but a nice place to stay and inexpensive for a 4-star hotel. I don't usually recommend hostels in Mexico, but a friend of mine stayed at the Paulina Youth Hostel a couple of years ago and I visited her there. It was newly built, clean,and pleasant and it cost her only US9 per night! (She was 50 years old at the time, so the place is not age-limited.)

Hope this helps,

Martha Racine Taylor
    Author of Spanish-Live It and Learn It! The Complete Guide to Language Immersion Schools in Mexico

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rutamaya's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Cheap Hotel In Oaxaca for a group....

by rutamaya Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 5:03 PM

Martha,

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta, well I have a group of 8 people including my self and we will be there just for 3 days, and we do not have a van, We would like somehting that is centraly located...

Gracias!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines