Oaxaca de Juárez Travel Answers

change location

oaxaca city apartment. Anybody know one?

by pinelo Online Now Mar 18, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Do you know a good furnished apartment in Oaxaca?

Regards,
Brian A.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • oaxaca city apartment.

by pinelo Online Now Mar 18, 2006 at 8:06 PM

Check this link http://www.apartment.galeon.com/

It´s nice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: oaxaca city apartment. Anybody know one?

by spalatino Online Now Mar 20, 2006 at 5:13 AM

Hi
    check http://www.go-oaxaca.com/, they have some useful adds sometimes.
    Darko

• fused's Profile Photo

RE: oaxaca city apartment. I know a few.

by fused Online Now May 8, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Dear Brian,

It´s been a while since you posted your question, so perhaps this is a waste of time. But when I saw the links that were recommended to you by the 2 previous posters, I thought perhaps you could use a little more help. While your request for information was very direct and to the point in a Yanque sense, in Mexico things become a bit complicated.

You need to clarify what you mean by "reasonable price" and "furnished" also, how long you want to stay. This is a good time for short term rentals. In fact, my neighbor across the courtyard has a beautifully furnished 2 bedroom apartment with all the modern conveniences, including linens, a DVD player, completely furninshed kitchen and utensils, etc. We are in the heart of the UN Cultural Heritage of Humanity district, about 14 of a mile from the Zocallo. She is back in the states for the next 6 months or so. Left last Sunday. I spoke to her the day she left and she said she would be willing to rent the place while she was gone for350-400 a month.

This is the cheapest you´re going to find, mainly because the price quoted was more or less of an afterthought. Anything advertised on the web for a short turn rental is going to set you back between550.00 and1,000 (US Dollars).

If you like, e-mail me at - fusedmax@gmail.com - I know of some cheaper places (under300 a month) and some folks who take short term lodgers, but the accomodations would not be quite so posh. I know some more expensive options too, but then anybody on the street here can show you to them.

Good luck to you on your trip here. I look forward to meeting you in the Zocallo for beer some day.

Max Uhler

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines