change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best sport bar to watch NBA All-Star game

Oahu Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Hi guys,

I'll be on Oahu on Feb 15th, when NBA All-Start game commences in NY at 3:30pm.
      Could you please advice a sport bar, somewhere in Honolulu or Kailua, where I can watch it live? It will be broadcasted on TNT channel.

From the web-search, RoundTable Pizza and Armbar Sports Bar and Grill seems good. Any better options?
      Your help is much appreciated, I absolutely cannot afford missing this game.

Thanks,
      Oleg

more
    • FatihE's Profile Photo

Rent-a-car

Oahu Jan 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Dear friends, hello :) My first post in VT.

Will be in Oahu, Hawai between 24-31 January 2015. I wonder whether we may easily find a free parking around the Marine Tower Waikiki Hotel. Actually daily rental price and overnight parking fees seem the same, thats insane. Or do i need really a car to enjoy the ilsland at all ?

Any help will be much than appreciated.

more
    • Accommodation Easter 2016 for group of 13

Waikiki Jan 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM

My extended family group (13 of us) would like to travel to Waikiki for Easter 2016. Does anyone know of any accommodation options (other than hotels) that might be able to take our whole group? One 5 year old and the rest adults or young adults. We wouldn't have to be in the same building necessarily - nearby would be okay. Ideally with a pool and some self-catering options, but anything considered.

more
    • Best sport bar to watch NBA All-Star game

Oahu Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Hi guys,

I'll be on Oahu on Feb 15th, when NBA All-Start game commences in NY at 3:30pm.
      Could you please advice a sport bar, somewhere in Honolulu or Kailua, where I can watch it live? It will be broadcasted on TNT channel.

From the web-search, RoundTable Pizza and Armbar Sports Bar and Grill seems good. Any better options?
      Your help is much appreciated, I absolutely cannot afford missing this game.

Thanks,
      Oleg

2 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • FatihE's Profile Photo

Rent-a-car

Oahu Jan 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Dear friends, hello :) My first post in VT.

Will be in Oahu, Hawai between 24-31 January 2015. I wonder whether we may easily find a free parking around the Marine Tower Waikiki Hotel. Actually daily rental price and overnight parking fees seem the same, thats insane. Or do i need really a car to enjoy the ilsland at all ?

Any help will be much than appreciated.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 12:39 AM
    • Accommodation Easter 2016 for group of 13

Waikiki Jan 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM

My extended family group (13 of us) would like to travel to Waikiki for Easter 2016. Does anyone know of any accommodation options (other than hotels) that might be able to take our whole group? One 5 year old and the rest adults or young adults. We wouldn't have to be in the same building necessarily - nearby would be okay. Ideally with a pool and some self-catering options, but anything considered.

6 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    • carolnsharmaine's Profile Photo

Waikiki Weather in April 2015

Waikiki Nov 22, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Hi, we are planning our very first trip to Hawaii from 1-14 April 2015, and will be travelling with our 2 1/2 year old daughter. She loves the beach, hubby loves sightseeing and I love shopping! Will we find ll these there? As we come from a very hot and humid country like Malaysia, we would like our vacations in a cooler climate. Will the weather in April be hot and humid?

Our other alternative is to spend our holidays in San Diego which should be cooler perhaps....but we have been there 3 times already.

4 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 6:19 AM
    • Boosmom's Profile Photo

Things to do

Honolulu Nov 8, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Good sushi bars in Waikiki

3 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • Shopping in Waikiki

Honolulu Nov 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Now that the International Market has closed, where do you go to buy similar items in that area for a great price?

6 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

Pearl Harbor visit

Honolulu Oct 21, 2014 at 7:31 AM

During Spring Break 2015 (Mar 31st ish), We will fly into Honolulu with our 2 grandchildren and adult children and their spouses to visit Pearl Harbor before going to Kauai for 4 nights. I would like to locate a place to stay on Honolulu that will provide a days experience to famous beach areas. The grandchildren are 10 and 12 and when we went to Hawaii 25 years ago we didn't stay on the beach and our children still remind us about that oversight!! We are making it up to them :-) now and also creating an experience for our 2 granddaughters. I have never been to Pearl Harbor and look forward to the tour. Thank you

7 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    • best shopping sale times in 2014

Waikiki Sep 11, 2014 at 8:03 PM

We are planning a family holiday in 2015 but want to do it when there is a good shopping sale period. When are the best sale times to go?

4 Answers Sep 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM
    • Help with scouting photography locations.

Oahu Sep 4, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Hello all,

I am visiting Oahu in December for Christmas and staying in Waikiki for a week. I will have rental car through my stay. I am planning to do some good photography during my visit. I am mainly interested in nature/landscape photography. I am looking for suggestions that might guide my stops to get some really good shots.

I know you can pull out at almost any good view point and snap some great pictures. I am trying to get some info from locals and pro/amateur photographers, regarding non-conspicuous and non-touristy locations with great scenery.

Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?

Oahu Aug 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM

First of all, sorry if I sound ignorant about terms like surf/wind/tide etc., Just learning the basics as I am planning my trip.

We are novice kayakers (kayaked once or twice before in calm river/creek). Kayaking to off shore islands seem like am awesome experience. We are very interested in kayaking to one of the off shore islands and spending a good part of the day. Most of these islands are on the windward side and how is the ocean during late December? Is it reasonable (even during low tide, when the surf can be high with heavy winds?) to plan for one of these kayaking trips in late December? Any info is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    • Three Questions!

Honolulu Aug 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM

What is the best restaurant to go to on a Thurs after a vow renewal in Oahu...prefer ocean view, great food, romantic..

Best Oceanside Luau?

Are any dinner cruises worth it??

2 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    • Getting from the Port to Hilton Hawaiin Village Hotel

Honolulu Aug 21, 2014 at 5:18 AM

I will be arriving in Honolulu from a Cruise Liner and will need to get to my hotel in Wakki (Hilton Hawaiin Village). Can someone give me some adivce please. Many Thanks Angela

4 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • the mysterious ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains of oahu,s east side of island

Oahu Aug 21, 2014 at 4:19 AM

the mysterious ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains of oahu ,s east side of island what are they who put them there ?

8 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • the mysterious ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains of oahu

Oahu Aug 21, 2014 at 4:13 AM

ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains on oahu ,s east side, what are they who put them there?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    • Which location to stay for single night

Honolulu Aug 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM

My husband and I are stopping off in Honolulu for one night at the end of our honeymoon. We arrive on a Wednesday afternoon at around 4:45 PM. The next morning we have a reservation for an 8:30 AM tour at the Pearl Harbor memorial. Our flight leaves Thursday at 2:15. We were thinking that we would rent a car. I'm debating whether we should stay near the airport so that we can quickly check in on Wednesday evening and then head to Waikiki for the sunset and dinner and walking around etc., and then back to the hotel. The airport location would mean we wouldn't have to get up as early for our 8:30 Pearl Harbor visit since it is closer and also less distance means less traffic. (I've read about the bad Honolulu traffic.) Does that seem like a good bet? Or should we stay in Waikiki, which I imagine would make the evening more enjoyable (and seems to present more, and better, hotel options than near the airport) and just deal with an early morning? From reading other threads, it seems like the downtown Honolulu area is a compromise distance-wise but then you don't get the benefit of being in Waikiki and you still do have to deal with some morning traffic. What do the experts say? My hotel budget is, say, $225-250 max, but as always I'd love to pay less if it's still a reasonable place. I see mixed (and many negative) reviews of the airport hotel options that I'm wondering if Waikiki isn't a better bet?

5 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    • Transportation to airport from cruise ship

Honolulu Aug 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Transportation from ship to airport & also anywhere to store luggage so we can shop before flight leaves in about 6 hours? Also best place to shop near airport?

Thank you,
      Bob

2 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • vintage restaurants that are still alive and well....

Honolulu Aug 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM

There was a little hidden gem of a restaurant that sat with koi ponds all around....I love the old quaint restaurants of the 70's and 80's - do you guys know of any that still exist ???? There used to be one famous for "mile high coconut cream pie" and somewhere on another island way up high in elevation was a turtle plantation restaurant.....I'm looking for some of that.....thank you so much!

11 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • Traveling Alone in Waikiki

Honolulu Jul 23, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Do you recommend staying along the beach front in waikiki or another area for a single woman traveling alone who would like to interact with other travelers?
      Thank you

4 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Looking for historic buildings in Haleiwa

Haleiwa Jul 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Our art group is looking for historic buildings in Haleiwa to draw and paint. We are located in Kaneohe and will be travelling up to Haleiwa next month. Also, what would be a good place to get brunch between Kaneohe and Haleiwa?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • Something new in Oahu

Oahu Jul 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

My boyfriend and I have been to Oahu at least a dozen times and have hit all of the major attractions. We are looking for a new adventure to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

4 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • Luau at Honolulu

Honolulu Jul 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hi, Any recommendations for a fun Luau? Is Hula dance a part of the Luau?? We do not want to spend an entire day at the Luau, like at the PCC. We will be staying at the Hilton Village. Heard they have one too. Is it good, or how good is it?? Please suggest.

Thanks,

--Tarini

4 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Accommodation outside of Waikiki

Honolulu Jul 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi, can you suggest some places to stay outside of Waikiki? There are four of us travelling and we are looking for a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, close to beach and dining but a bit quieter than Waikiki. Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    • waikiki accommodation

Waikiki Jun 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM

best value for money "ocean front" accommodation in waikiki

3 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    • Transporation from Honolulu Airport Downtown

Honolulu Apr 24, 2014 at 1:17 PM

What is the most cost effective way to get a family of four from the airport downtown to Waikiki. Arrival will be arond 8pm local time. First time in the forum. Thanks

6 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Transports and prices ...

Honolulu Mar 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hi !

I am a group leader of 25 persons an I need few answers about transports and their price :

- from the airport to Waikiki Beachside Hostel / 2556 Lemon Road ?
      - and from this hotel to the Wet n' Wild aquaparc ?

Thanks a lot !

Yannick

4 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    • restricted places

Honolulu Mar 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

what is the most secure place that your not allowed

8 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    • restricted places

Honolulu Mar 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

what is the most secure place that your not allowed

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • Things to do in Waikiki

Waikiki Mar 8, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Going to Waikiki for 9 days in late April, don't want to waste anytime whilst there, wondering if anybody knows of any hidden gems or awesome things to do there. If people have any recommendations or ideas about being shown around that would be great, Ive got a few thing in mind, i am super out going so any idea would be awesome.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • Is it cool to wear jeans in Hawaii?

Honolulu Mar 8, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Do the locals wear jeans out there at all?
      Maybe at night?
      Im headed out there sunday and don't wanna dress like a kook.

5 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Honolulu rooftoop bars

Honolulu Mar 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Got list from Internet.
      Want to take photos of views they may offer.
      Are any of these false leads without views?:

Dave & Buster’s
      Thirtyninehotel,
      Bar 35
      Mai Tai Bar, 1450 Ala Moana Blvd
      Home Bar & Grill
      The Burning Tree Hookah Lounge
      Tiki’s Grill & Bar
      Side Street Inn
      Morio’s Sushi Bistro

Any others with good views missing from list?
      Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM