Nyiregyhaza

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Buses to Szentendre

Szentendre Jul 20, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Are the Volan buses that go to Szentendre (and continue via Visegrad to Esztergom) air-conditioned?

more
    • Papa Market

Papa Jul 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM

when is next Wednesday market

more
    • Accommodation?

Csepel-sziget Jun 26, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Any good accommodation solutions left for sziget at this point? would be arriving with three friends, (males).

more
    • Embroidered Peasant Blouse

Budapest 8 hours ago

Hi,
      Would like to purchase a white Mayto Peasant Blouse. Was recently in Budapest and saw many in the Great Market Hall and Shops. Wondering if anyone knows a contact that I could order one. I have a disappointed daughter who really wanted one .... Oops !!!

more
    • Budapest to Lviv in August 2014: Best ways to travel: Train or Drive?

Budapest Jul 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We are 2 American couples traveling through Central Europe and planning to from Budapest to Lviv, Ukraine in August 2014.

With the unrest in Ukraine I am a bit worried about travel but we have set our minds to go anyway and now looking for a good way to get there.

What is the preferable way to travel?

Would the Budapest-Lviv train be the only option? I know it is long trip - 15 hrs!

If so, which train# is it or maybe there is a name? Is there a special word for a sleeping coach? Are there are any coaches for 2 people in one?

The website for Hungarian railroads is difficult to understand to say the least.

Or would it be possible to hire a driver and rent a minivan in Budapest (or Lviv) to have someone drive us to Lviv?

Any help is appreciated!

Yana,
      Boston

more
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Transport from airport to Best Western Hotel / Pest

Budapest Jul 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be arriving on August 30 approximately 4:00pm. I would like to know what is the best way to get to my hotel?

more
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Two days in Budapest; what MUST I see?

Budapest Jul 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I will be visiting end of August; just had foot surgery so walking will be minimal. I would love to know what your suggestions are for what I absolutely must see/do. thank you!

more

Near Nyiregyhaza

• Travel from Budapest airport to Nyiregyhaza?

by crystball Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 12:56 PM

What is the best way to travel from Budapest Airport to Nyiregyhaza? I am arriving in Budapest on Saturday July 17th 2010 and can either get a train to Nyiregyhaza or hire a car from the airport. I am staying for 4 nights in Nyiregyhaza.

My question is how long would it take to get there by each method. Some people are encouraging me to hire a car, saying it is easy. How busy are the roads from Budapest to Nyiregyhaza? What is the speed limit on motorways? Can anyone recommend a hire car company at Budapest airport?

What is the cost of train travel from Budapest to Nyiregyhaza? Are there problems getting a seat on trains on a saturday afternoon? Are taxis cheap in Nyiregyhaza?

While I am on the subject of Nyiregyhaza, can anyone recommend good class hotels in the town?

Thanks,

Nigel (UK)

7 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    • Nyiregyhaza to Ukraine(Ungvar)

by Jerry41 Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 4:56 AM

My wife and I need to somehow get to Ungvar(Uzhhrod)Ukraine on Sunday May 10, 2009. We will be staying in Nyiregyhaza for a few days (May 8, 9). can someone suggest some way to travel to the final destination of Ungvar. I understand that there is no direct travel by train due to the different railroad tracks. Is there any bus service out of Nyiregyhaza to another town where we can obtain travel by train or by bus into the Ukraine and on to Ungvar? What about traveling to Zahony, Hungary and then perhaps a train or bus into Ungvar(Uzhhorod)Ukraine?
      Please, our time is running short so we would appreciate any help or advice. Once we get to Ungvar our driver and translator will meet us but he will not travel outside of Ungvar to pick us up.
      Thanks,
      Gerald Kisabeth
      Canton, Michigan USA

5 Answers Apr 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM