Nuweiba` Travel Answers

change location
valwyorks's Profile Photo

Snorkeling near to/at Hilton Nuweiba

by valwyorks Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hi again folks,

can anyone advise me on whether they've stayed at this hotel, what they thought of it and whether there's opportunities for snorkeling directly from the beach or near to it.

Thanks folks,

Val

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leffe3's Profile Photo

Re: Snorkeling near to/at Hilton Nuweiba

by leffe3 Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Yep - stayed there but it was a few years ago.

It's a pretty good hotel but not of the luxury of the Hiltons you find in cities round the world. It was built in the 60s or 70s and resort style of the time - a more upmarket holiday camp - which was then taken over by Hilton. So accommodation is in blocks dotted round the site with pool, bars etc... But it's not a holiday camp with organised activities, so fear not! :)

It's comfortable, it's clean etc and a good choice for Nuweiba. Snorkelling straight off the beach although Nuweiba is not the best spot on this stretch of coast (need to head further south). Make sure you walk down the beach at night - 50 metres or so to get away from the lights. The skies are EXTRAORDINARY.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leffe3's Profile Photo

by leffe3 Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM

After I read you were from Wakefield (I was at uni in Bradford :)), I realised I could have said that Butlins it ain't, but was probably built along those lines but more upmarket :)

• vdoortje's Profile Photo

by vdoortje Online Now Sep 9, 2011 at 5:18 AM

I have been to Nuweiba often. I like it because it isn't that touristy as places like Sharm el Sheikh. Never stayed at the Hilton though; we always stay at the Swiss Care Nuweiba Resort.

The Swiss Care is a small suite hotel, so suite accomodation containing a living room and a bed room with king size double bed and 2 bathrooms. Located all around the pool and a short walk from the beach with more than enough sunbeds.

I like the snorkling from the beach of Swiss care. It has easy access and is untouched. Hardly any dead corals there and amazing sealife to be seen. Very quiet; you will have the reef almost to yourself.

The Hilton is close to this resort, so I guess it will be quite the same. Just more people snorkeling.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines