Travel Answers
Nuevitas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where can I link up with jewel makers in Cuba?

Havana Apr 20, 2015 at 7:27 AM

I am a supplier of Precious Stones and would like to meet buyers and jewelry makers in Cuba How would I go about doing this or is there a site or Forum that you can direct me to?

more
    • Living in America and travelling to Cuba with a European Passport (American work visa H1B)

Cuba Apr 14, 2015 at 7:38 AM

Hi there,

I’m a European, living and working in America and I’d like to visit Cuba for a vacation. I hold a European passport and have an American visa (H1B).

I'd like to visit over the summer but don't want to jeopardize my visa status.

Per my understanding it is possible for non American Citizens and non permanent residents (Green Card Holders) to visit Cuba for tourist reasons:

"The Cuban Assets Control Regulations are enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and affect all U.S. citizens and permanent residents wherever they are located, all people and organizations physically located in the United States, and all branches and subsidiaries of U.S. organizations throughout the world. The regulations require that persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction be licensed in order to engage in any travel-related transactions pursuant to travel to, from, and within Cuba, or that the transactions in question be exempt from licensing requirements. Transactions related to travel for tourist activities are not licensable. This restriction includes travel to Cuba for tourist activites from or through a third country, such as Mexico or Canada. U.S. law enforcement authorities enforce these regulations at U.S. airports and pre-clearance facilities in third countries. Travelers who fail to comply with Department of the Treasury regulations may face civil penalties and criminal prosecution upon return to the United States."

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with travelling to Cuba while on H1B status and if this is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

more
    • Authentic cuban Cigars?

Cayo Coco Apr 10, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Is there any place in Cayo Coco where I can buy Authentic Cuban Cigars???

more
    • going to Melia des jardines del rey in cayo coco?

Cayo Coco Apr 8, 2015 at 8:29 PM

I was there in March ,made a few friends i would like to send them a letter if you could take it please contact me at luanda57pokie@hotmail.com.Thank you

more
    • Great dining

Cárdenas Apr 21, 2015 at 1:47 PM

What is the street address and phone number for the restaurant Las Delicias . I know the number out front is 1314. I am looking to send a thank you letter to them.

more
    • Home Stay Inquiry

Havana Apr 21, 2015 at 5:18 AM

Does anyone recommend or suggest what the best the best way to determine or get reviews on the Home Stay accommodations in Havana Cuba?

I've looked up Wimdu and it appears very user friendly in making bookings there.

Does anyone suggest on any of the best home stays there?

Regards
      Walter

more
    • gigi75's Profile Photo

supermarkets in varadero or in matanzas

Varadero Apr 24, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Hi next year when I go to Cuba , my son is a picky eater , the only kinda of fruits he likes to eat is bananas and apples. does anyone who lives there or who has been if there is any supermarkets in varadero or Matanzas that carry apples? thanks for your help.

more
    • Where to go in a rental car - have we missed anything that we really should see?

Cuba Apr 7, 2015 at 2:47 AM

We are 3 friends, all retired and used to travelling but we have never been to Cuba. We arrive in May 2015 and have 4 nights in Old Havana followed by a 4 night stay in Varadero. We will hire a car in Varadero for a 2 week trip, staying in Casa Particulares, around the island. We are thinking of travelling down the East coast and coming back along the West Coast. Our rough itinerary is like this: Santa Clara (one night), Cayo Coco (just drive to have a look and stay in *** 1 night), Camaguey (one night), Guardalavaca (or Gibara 1 night), Santiago de Cuba (3 nights), Las Tunas (one night to break the journey), Ciego de Avila (1 night to break the journey) Trinidad (3 nights, Cienfuegos (2 nights) and return the car to Havana. We then have 6 full days left to stay in Havana or somewhere else. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

more
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Need Info on USA to Cuba

Cuba Apr 2, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Hello, I have been commanded by my mother-in-law to arrange a two-week tour for six people (ages 7, 17, 49, 55, 62 and 87) to Cuba in July this year, 2015.
      Is this possible?
      We live in San Diego so can fly from Tijuana if helpful.
      I am reading very much contradictory info on-line. Some say only groups of certain standing can go. Others say, "Make sure you research a good guide book first" and then travel as you would any similar destination.

I would really appreciate some clarification. First, I will pick up a good guide book tonight. Beyond that, though, what is possible for six Americans (well, three American, three dual US-Nicaraguan)?

I'm not thrilled with being handed this task since I am busy organizing two group tours to Macedonia this summer, but with my father-in-law's age they seem to want this to happen this summer or not at all.

Any help is appreciated, as always.

more
    • xoxoxenophile's Profile Photo

Looking for general advice for spending a month as a student in Cuba.

Cuba Apr 6, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I will be spending basically the whole month of June this year studying Spanish in Havana, Cuba. We will be hitting some great attractions as a group (10 students + 2 professors), living with host families, studying Spanish 20 hours/week, and taking day trips to Santa Clara and Vinales. I'm very excited, but I'd just like to hear from other people who have gone before. Basically any trips on what to expect are welcome.

For example, advice like anything I should be sure to pack, local customs, or fun places to go in Havana (since I will have some free time to explore too). Basically anything you wish you would have known before you'd gone! Thanks in advance for your help.

more
    • gigi75's Profile Photo

Day/Evening pass for another Hotel how much? (anyone who does this recently)

Varadero Apr 22, 2015 at 7:07 AM

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has gone to another hotel to visit a friend or someone who works there or staying there, while you are at another hotel. if so how much did you pay for your visitors pass for the day or evening. I'm planing a trip back to Cuba, I have a friends who work at a hotel that i recently stayed at. (Has anyone ever stayed at Playa De Oro?) anyways I became friends with the guys who do the entertainment there. But anyways I will be going next year in March for the March break, but a friend of my wants to stay at Blau varadero, which a little bit of distance from them): Thanks to all who respond. cheers

more
    • gigi75's Profile Photo

what are the best night clubs to go to

Varadero Apr 18, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Hi a group of us next year in march will be going to varadero cuba for birthday bash. We are wondering where is the best night club to go dancing and have great time? we will be staying a Blau varadero. Thanks for your help

Gigi75

more