Nürnberg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• have fun for the evening

by cypriottourist Online Now Nov 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

me and my wife are staying in nurnberg from 10-12/ november. Are there any classy clubs/restaurants/bars/parties for swingers?

2 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 5:20 AM
    • Xmas markets - Nuremberg, Bamberg, Rothenburg

by ramot418 Online Now Nov 2, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Planning 2½-3 days based in Nuremberg during the first week of December.
      One day planned for Bamberg, one day for Rothenburg and one day for Nuremberg.
      The impression I get from travel forums is the the Nuremberg Xmas market is one of the better (and bigger) ones in Germany. There are also Xmas markets in Bamberg and Rothenburg.

My question is: From personal experience, would you try to spend as much time as possible at the Nuremberg market at the expense of time in the Bamberg and Rothenburg markets? That is, should I leave Bamberg/Rothenburg for Nuremberg relatively early (15:00-16:00) after seeing their respective markets, in order to have more time at the Nuremberg market? I know the Nuremberg market is open until 21:00. How would you divide your time?
      Thanks.

6 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 12:30 AM
    • Nuremberg to Bamberg and Rothenburg ob der Tauber by public transport

by ramot418 Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Planning 2 separate day trips (with wife) to Bamberg and Rothenburg from the Leipziger Platz area of Nuremberg.

Originally, I planned to use my DB 'twin pass' to each destination, since the cost for the added days is much cheaper than individual train tickets for the 2 of us. However, now I see another option: The VGN Day Ticket (price level 10). According to the VGN web site, the one ticket costs €17.50 and is good for the both of us, that is, it is a 'twin' ticket in our case.

Questions:
      (1) Can someone from the Nuremberg area confirm that the VGN Day Ticket includes both Bamberg and Rothenburg and that it would indeed cost us only €17.50 per day for BOTH of us?
      (2) I understand from the site that the VGN Day Ticket includes all travel on the Nuremberg area U-bahn, S-bahn, and buses, so that with that ticket we can both travel from Leipziger Platz to the Nuremberg Hbf, then to Bamberg or Rothenburg, return to Leipziger Platz in Nuremberg, then go out for that same evening somewhere in Nuremberg - all costing us only €17.50?
      (3) If the above is correct, where can one buy the VGN Day Ticket? At any U- or S-bahn station?
      (4) Getting to Rothenburg by train is somewhat of a nuisance and inefficient, as one has to transfer TWICE for such a short journey. Is there an alternate public transport way to get there (e.g., bus) which is direct and also included in the VGN Day Ticket?

I thank you very much.

4 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 12:45 AM
    • Accomodations in Nurnbeg - first week of December 2014

by ramot418 Online Now Oct 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Staying 3 nights. Looking for centrally located (Xmas market, train station) hotel or B&B (Zimmer Frei) for up to €80/night, 2 people with breakfast. Nothing fancy required - just clean and quiet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

6 Answers Oct 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • English Mass on Christmas day

by PetraSpiteri Online Now Oct 20, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Is there any Mass in English on Christmas Day in Nuremberg? Doubt it very much....

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    • JulijaB's Profile Photo

Travel from Nurnberg to Berlin ?

by JulijaB Online Now Sep 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I am travelling by hitch hike from Croatia to Berlin, my stop will be Nurnberg, i was wondering can someone tell me how often people are hitchhiking in Nurnberg, what is the best place to catch someone to drive you to Berlin, and in case i cannot find anyone, what is the bus tickets ?

7 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • Nuremberg HBF

by Bobrosie Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Arriving on platform 17 and need to get to platform 8 have 10 minutes

1 Answer Aug 30, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • basstbn's Profile Photo

From boat to train station?

by basstbn Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We will be arriving in Nürnberg (late June) via Viking Cruise Line, and traveling on to Prague. Because we are taking a diversion from the Viking package, we will be on our own regarding transportation to the Nürnberg train or bus station. Can anybody in the VT community tell us how to get from the boat docks to the central stations?

5 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    • Driving from Nuremburg to Munich

by gamid111 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Are their any interesting sights, places or cities that we should consider stopping at as we drive from Niremburg to Munich?

2 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

P+R, one day in the city between Regensburg and Metz

by 68maciek Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Hallo,
      Which P+R will be the most convenient if I will drive from Regnesburg to Metz? I guess there is not so wise to go into the center of Nurnberg by car. Is that right? As soon as we are in the center we probably better use feet than a public transport ;-). So as a group of three we need 6 S/U Bahn tickets. Is it possible to buy 5-rides tickets as a bulk an one regular?

Any recommendation for a fast food like exotic (not kebab ;-) or real Bavarian in the Old City more for locals than for tourists? Can you get something warm, good and interesting at butcher shops at lunch?

Is there not so obvious place in the old town which is interesting to see?

Danke,

Maciek

3 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • Nuremburg area or Erfurt / Weimar area

by Golpe Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I also asked this question on the Weimar forum.

I have 4 days between Berlin and southern Bavaria to stop at either Nuremburg (day trips to Bamberg, Wurtzburg, etc) or Erfurt / Weimar.

Suggestions are appreciated.

6 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    • Flights to Nurnberg?

by Jane66 Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM

If all the flights to Nurnburg are sold out, where is the nearest place to fly to from London?

7 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    • Christmas Day in Nuremburg

by Corynne Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Does anyone know what might be open on Christmas day in Nuremburg. We are looking for anything from sites that would be open to restaurants

3 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    • Train to Marseilles

by annboy Online Now May 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I would like to travel by train from Nurnberg to Marseilles in August, is this possible?
      Also what happens with the suitcases on the train and how do I book?
      Thanks

7 Answers May 29, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    • Stopover?

by emmweb Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Is it worth a few hour stopover in Nurnberg on the train between Berlin and Munich? Would there be luggage lockers at the station large enough to fit carry-on sized luggage? And we would be there on Dec. 26 - a holiday many places. Would anything be open? Thanks! Erin

6 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • Christmas Markets

by RiverTraveler Online Now Dec 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Are the stores open on Sundays in December during the Christmas Markets season? We were in Nuremberg in the summer and all the shops were closed on Sundays.

2 Answers Dec 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    • dilemma

by anama1986sept Online Now Mar 1, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Hy everyone! i'm in Saarbrücken and i want to go in Nürnberg...but i think that 80 euro for train is too expensive..can anybody give me another solution? thank u!

3 Answers Mar 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    • Urgent Help Needed!! How to get to Playmobil from Nurnberg Train Station

by MandyGoh Online Now Nov 20, 2011 at 4:20 AM

I cannot seem to find any information on how to get to Playmobil Funpark from Nurnberg Train Station.

Can anyone help? I cannot read German either....

2 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    • Christmas transport in Nürnberg

by Meagie Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 3:18 PM

My husband and I will be in Nürnberg for Christmas this year. Will any public transportation be available on the 24th or 25th? Or will we just have to go on foot?

Thanks

4 Answers Oct 15, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    • Christmas dinner in Nürnberg

by base159 Online Now Sep 24, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Hi!

Me and my parents are going to Nurnberg 20.12 - 25.12.2011 and we were wondering do we need to get reservation to some of the restaurants?
      And if someone can recommend a good restaurant for traditional christmas meal?
      Is the restaurants near the Altstadt area full on the christmas day (24.12)?

Thanks for the answers beforehand!

-P&P&P-

5 Answers Sep 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    • Cooking classes in Nurnberg

by barbaradimas Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM

I am a cooking instructor and would love to take a cooking class while in Nurnberg in October. Would love to visit a bakery, take a lebkuchen or bread baking class, and my husband would love a tour of a sausage making, and possibly participate in making wurst.

2 Answers Sep 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    • ozjudy's Profile Photo

Choices for hire car pick up in Nuremburg

by ozjudy Online Now May 27, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Any idea how much it will cost to travel from Nuremburg train station to Nuremburg airport? The extra hire car pick up cost at station is significant so getting ideas please.

4 Answers May 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    • Crazywoman's Profile Photo

A few days in Nürnberg

by Crazywoman Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Will be on a road trip in Germany this summer and Nürnberg is on the list. I have been there for business a few times already, but have unfortunately not been able to see much of the city during those visits. I have seen enough though to know that I want to see more!

I would like tips on accomodation. Could stay in the city centre or in the outskrits if the public transportations are easily available. A place with a little more "soul" than the big chain hotels would be nice.

We have already put a couple of museums and the castle on the to do list, but if you want to share your favorite Nürnberg activity that would be nice (museums, restaurants, activities etc)

Would also like tips on day trips from Nürnberg to neighbouring cities, nature experiences, wine yards, breweries etc. Will be traveling by car, but could also use public transportation if this is available.

Finally here is my other questions regarding the road trip, any comments to them are also appreciated.

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

3 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 5:45 AM
    • Sammy

by harwellsk Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 2:03 PM

The hotels in Nuremberg are completely booked during the days I need to visit. Can you recommend a reasonably priced hotel on a train-stop 20-30 Kilometers that is walking distance from the train-stop? Better yet, can you tell me what towns are on train-stops 20-30 kilometers NORTH of Nuremberg?

4 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    • pulgaron's Profile Photo

Must do inNurembergh

by pulgaron Online Now Jan 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM

If you only had one day in Nurembergh what would be the must do things?

3 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM
    • Restaurant advice and Name this Bar!?

by stuartd71 Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Four of us (late 30’s) are visiting Nuremberg mid December for the Christmas market. It’s about five years since we last visited. Can anyone offer advice on the following three restaurants on a Saturday night to celebrate a birthday? We want somewhere reasonably enjoyable, memorable, fun, friendly, modern/nice décor, decent food etc. (We’ve been to places like Bratwurst Roslein previously so don’t want a very ‘traditional’ restaurant.)

S’baggers - seems a bit quirky but is it worth the trip out to an industrial estate?
      Padelle D’italia - seems to have good reviews but website pictures look a bit dull inside!
      Etage - Thai restaurant – can’t find anything about the building and atmosphere?

Also, can anyone identify the bar/club that we went to last time we were there? I can’t seem to find anything on Google or Google Maps that identifies it! Somewhere near the castle and Albrecht Durer Haus there’s quite a long wide (cobbled?) street that runs downhill. It’s got various bars (several Irish bars I think?) and others on either side (big stone buildings). At the bottom on the left there’s a bar/club that is on the corner. It was quite cramped inside, a bit studenty, lots of wood panelling with a central bar in a square shape that you could access from pretty much all sides. It was split into almost little rooms, with a dance floor at the back.

Any ideas?!

1 Answer Nov 30, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Affordable ski stuff in Nuremberg?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Nov 15, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Hi
      We're coming to Nuremberg in early December for the Christkindlmarkt and are then going skiing.
      We will have ski suits and will hire ski boots at the resort. However, we need to buy moon boots and ski accessories (gloves, goggles, hats etc). Can anyone provide a tip on where we can buy these affordably - preferably near the city centre as we are staying close to the Hauptbanhof. We're not at all brand conscious, but are looking to get value for money (By the way, we are two adults and two kids, aged 7 and 4)?
      Thanks and regards
      Cathy

10 Answers Nov 17, 2010 at 4:48 AM
    • Travel from Nuremberg to Germany

by ravikarwa Online Now Nov 10, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Please can you advise me on train services from Nuremberg to Oppenau - frequency, travel time and cost of tickets.
      Thanks

2 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    • dromosapien's Profile Photo

Laundry

by dromosapien Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Hi,
      Anyone know of a self service laundry around the Nürnberg Hauptbahnhof?
      dromo..

5 Answers Nov 2, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    • zoommedix's Profile Photo

Kristkindlmarkt

by zoommedix Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I know the actual market place does not start until the end of november but can someone tell me if I can buy a unique christmas item in Nurnberg in october? is there a store in the city open all year? many thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2010 at 2:57 PM