Nürnberg Travel Answers

change location

Stopover?

by emmweb Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Is it worth a few hour stopover in Nurnberg on the train between Berlin and Munich? Would there be luggage lockers at the station large enough to fit carry-on sized luggage? And we would be there on Dec. 26 - a holiday many places. Would anything be open? Thanks! Erin

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Stopover?

by leics Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Yes, absolutely worth a visit...even on 26th December. The older part of the city is within walking distance of the railway station and there is much to enjoy, if only from the outside.

There is a luggage storage facility in the lower part of the station. 3 euro for smaller items, 5 euro for larger ones:

bahnhof.de/index.html?lang=d...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Nurnberg is absolutely beautiful and is worth a walk round at any time of the year. The old part has beautiful buildings which look lovely from the outside and there would be no need to go in anywhere. If you have time to try the famous sausages, go for it. They are great.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

by Dymphna1 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Downtown Nuremberg is decorated and has a large Christmas festival, yes do stop. Also they have spiced drinks that are only sold at that time of year - very good.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I didn't forget. But, as I said, Nuernberg is well worth a visit even if you can only see most of its sights from the outside.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Ah well, Max, it's all a matter or personal taste. Me, I love wandering cities when they are mostly shut: I actually prefer it. :-))

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

by Dymphna1 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I was there this past Dec. 29th. There is a Christmas festival there that was just winding down at that point. There were all kinds of different shops set up special in the square for the celebration. Maybe your regular shops are closed, but there is much more that has opened up in the square.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines