Nürnberg Travel Answers

change location

Restaurant advice and Name this Bar!?

by stuartd71 Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Four of us (late 30’s) are visiting Nuremberg mid December for the Christmas market. It’s about five years since we last visited. Can anyone offer advice on the following three restaurants on a Saturday night to celebrate a birthday? We want somewhere reasonably enjoyable, memorable, fun, friendly, modern/nice décor, decent food etc. (We’ve been to places like Bratwurst Roslein previously so don’t want a very ‘traditional’ restaurant.)

S’baggers - seems a bit quirky but is it worth the trip out to an industrial estate?
Padelle D’italia - seems to have good reviews but website pictures look a bit dull inside!
Etage - Thai restaurant – can’t find anything about the building and atmosphere?

Also, can anyone identify the bar/club that we went to last time we were there? I can’t seem to find anything on Google or Google Maps that identifies it! Somewhere near the castle and Albrecht Durer Haus there’s quite a long wide (cobbled?) street that runs downhill. It’s got various bars (several Irish bars I think?) and others on either side (big stone buildings). At the bottom on the left there’s a bar/club that is on the corner. It was quite cramped inside, a bit studenty, lots of wood panelling with a central bar in a square shape that you could access from pretty much all sides. It was split into almost little rooms, with a dance floor at the back.

Any ideas?!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • chris.hh's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurant advice and Name this Bar!?

by chris.hh Online Now Nov 30, 2010 at 11:32 AM

You might try the Stockholm bar/restaurant (www.stockholms.de), cocktails were good, however food was just OK, the interior is nice. There is the Zeit & Raum (www.zeiti.net) bar and restautrant where brunch is supposed to be very good, interior is dark but aesthetic with French and Marocoo flair. Tapasitos is pretty good for Spanish tapas with a huge range of cocktails (www.tapasitos.de). For good traditional German cuisine I can recommend the Albrecht Dürer Stube that serves the best "Schäuferle" as my boyfriend says - and he tested some... (www.albrecht-duerer-stube.de). But it is not a party location as the others.
    Unfortunately, I cannot give any hint to you fave destination...
    Have a great stay, Chris.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines