Nürnberg Travel Answers

change location

from Frarkfurt to Amberg

by liujie8316 Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 5:13 AM

I will arrive at Hahn Frankfurt at 16th July and I want to go to Amberg.But I dont know how to buy a bus ticket from Frankfurt to Amberg because this is the frist time I travel in Germany.AS a student, I think bus ticket is cheaper than train ticket, am i right? I appreciate if you would like to give me the information in detail. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: from Frarkfurt to Amberg

by abalada Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 5:32 AM

No buses from Frankfurt to Amberg. Generally very few far distance buses in Germany. Routes served by trains do normally not have a bus connection.

Shuttle bus Hahn to Frankfurt Hbf (main railway station) ~ 125 km EUR 12,00
    bohr-omnibusse.de/AirportHah...

At Frankfurt Hbf buy 2 tickets from the ticket machines there:
    1. RMV single ticket Frankfurt to Kahl (the first stop in Bavaria) EUR 6,60

2. Bavaria Ticket Single EUR 19,00
    This ticket covers the part from Kahl to Amberg.
    The Bavaria Ticket is a day ticket covering all local trains (RB, RE, IRE) in the state Bavaria. And also most other local public transport (trains, buses).

DB timetable
    reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...
    To: Amberg
    and select as means of transport "only local transport" as the tickets mentioned under 1. and 2. are only for local trains.
    You don't have to do anything in Kahl. If the conductor wants to see a ticket you just have to show him before Kahl ticket 1. and after Kahl ticket 2.

Frankfurt to Amberg is approx. 300 km.
    Thus effectively the (local) trains are in this case cheaper than the bus per km.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines