Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Moscow Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

more
    • About hotels

Respublika Kareliya Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there any hotels or accommodation in KEM or LOUKHI ? Please tell me

more
    • Rent a car and driver

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Can you rent a car and driver in Yuzhno Salinsk that will pick you up and drop you back to the cruise ship terminal in Korsakov? If so any idea how much per hour or for 4 -5 hours? Thankyou.

more
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

Volgograd Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

more
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Visum and boat

Saint Petersburg Mar 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I have heard you don't need a visum/visa if you go to St. Petersburg by ferry and leave Russian within 72 hours. Does that mean that I can arrive with boat and leave with plane, or would I have to leave the same way as I arrived?

more
    • Travel by car

Russia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm planing on going to Russia this may, and i need few informations. Traveling by my own car, i'm wondering how much do taxes on the border cost (i'm staying for about 3,4 days)? Is it cheaper if i come through belarus then baltic countries?

more
    • russian visa from u.k

Moscow Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

more
    • Americans in Moscow

Moscow Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

more
    • Address in Smolensk

Smolensk Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am trying to verify an address can somebody help me. My email is redbells91360@gmail.com

LIDER 2 Garden Street Smolensk , 25a (square Zhelyabov )

Thank you,

Nicholas

more
    • Welcome to Republic of Mari El !!!

Respublika Mariy-El Apr 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The Republic of Mari El is included in Privolzhsky Federal District and is situated in the centre part of the Russian Federation. Its territory is 23.4 thousand square Km, the population is 698.3 thousand people.
      It borders on the Nizhny Novgorod Oblast in the west, on the Kirov Oblast in the north-east, on the Tatarstan Republic and the Chuvash Republic in the south.
      The population of the Republic of Mari El consists of Mari people – 43%, Russian people – 47,5%, Tatars people – 5,9%. Over 50 nationalities are living on the territory of Republic. The official languages are Russian and Mari.
      The Republic of Mari El means “Mari country» translated from Mari language. It is a wonderful land with beautiful nature, riches lakes and forests. There are over 600 pure and deep lakes in the Republic where most of them are karstic origin, about 476 rivers having total extension over 7 thousand kilometers.
      About 50 percent of the territory of the Republic is covered with forests. For century, the forest was place of habitation, source of food and sacred temple for Mari pagans. Today, the Mari people is one of a few peoples of Europe, preserving the paganism practically in permanent form as an official national religion. There are about 520 pagan sacred groves in the Republic of Mari El.
      Modern the Republic of Mari El is dynamically developing territory on which contemporary architecture adjoins with numerous historical and cultural sites.
      The most popularity gained a capital city of the Republic of Mari El – Yoshkar-Ola (from translated Mari language means “Red city», beautiful city) with its excellent architectural ensembles - Tsarevokokshaisk Kremlin, Patriarch's Square, area of the first tsarevokokshaisk leader/voevode Obolensky-Nogotkova, where there is an unique musical clock with icon of the Mother of God « Troeruchitsi» installed above the arch in the tower, magnificent palaces of sports.
      Today the capital city of the Republic is modern comfortable city having its unique colour and individuality. The city is actively develop, embellish new parks and squares, areas and boulevards. In renewal city combine local colour, tradition of chief town of a uyezd and old European design. Also, Yoshkar-Ola attracts its compact structure and all sights are located walking distance from each other.
      The Republic of Mari El is original, charming and always attractive for lovers of travel and active sport.
      The Republic of Mari El is region with which met once, difficult to leave.

more
    • MirkaKripac's Profile Photo

Russian Visa Support Documents - Tourist Voucher, Invitation

Russia Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

Please do you have an advice how to get the Russian visa support documents?
      We would like to travel on our own, staying in apartments booked through airbnb.com.
      Do you know some reliable companies providing this service?

Best,
      Mirka

more
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

more

Popular Novosibirskaya Oblast' Travel Answer Locations

• How to get a job?

Novosibirskaya Oblast' Dec 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Hi there, I would like to work and travel, how can I get a job in Novosibirsk, for a year or so. I am american and doing bachelor in health science. As long as I am going to have only online courses this year I would love to spend it in Novosibirsk and travel around to Altay etc. Any ideas, contacts?
      Thank you

2 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    • bedfords1's Profile Photo

transporation from Donesk to Lugansk

Lugansk Sep 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

i need a reasonable driver from Donesk airport to Lugansk on Qct. 24th and then back to Donesk airport on Oct.31st..Does anyone know someone who is not going to try to rip me off? I was quoted by a private Company120.00 each way which is crazy..Thanks

2 Answers Sep 29, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    • neohxc's Profile Photo

What's the chepest way to get to Novosibirsk?

Novosibirsk Jul 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I was thinking of flying into St Petersburg and then taking a train to Novosobirsk since the airfar there is around500 compared to almost 1,000 to fly into Novosobirsk. I would take the trans railway 3rd class. which is 178 or something like that. Thoughts?

11 Answers Dec 1, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    • sakitamahime's Profile Photo

what to do

Novosibirsk Aug 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM

new and alone in this N-sk
      What to do...

6 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 3:27 AM
    • Hospitals in Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Jul 28, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Hi there

My company is thinking of visiting Novosibirsk, however we need to be near to good medical facilities. How good are the hospitals in Novosibirsk? Are their many private ones? Does anyone have any opinions or stories to share about their experiences there?

Many thanks

3 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    • DefectiveLimousine's Profile Photo

RENT?

Novosibirsk Aug 28, 2008 at 1:59 PM

How much should I pay for rent in Novosibirsk?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2008 at 1:50 AM
    • DefectiveLimousine's Profile Photo

For Real?

Novosibirsk Aug 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Seriously, How bad is the pollution in the region?

I saw another picture connected to VT that showed local water in a tub - is it really that bad in Novosibirsk?

1 Answer Jan 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    • Anyone knows the OVIR (visa and registry department) detail address and phone number in Novosibirsk?

Novosibirsk Apr 22, 2008 at 5:24 PM

I live in Toronto, Canada, I plan to go to Novosibirsk in 2 month to visit friends, I was told that my friend needs to get the certificate of invitation from OVIR, and I found this phone number :7-383-2-16-71-39 from the website, but this number is a wrong number, and my friend could not find this place.
      Anyone who knows this place, please let me know as soon as possible?
      Thank you so much.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2008 at 2:17 AM
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Anyone going to Novosibirsk for the big event on August 1, 2008?

Novosibirsk Jan 10, 2008 at 1:47 PM

There will be a pretty unique event in Novosibirsk on August 1, 2008. It won't be repeated very soon.
      so hurry up and make sure your Russian visa, hotel reservation and CITY-STAR ticket is ready for action.

deals.virtualtourist.com/vie...

That may change our travel plans for this Summer.

2 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 7:46 AM
    • jeoren's Profile Photo

No hostels in Novosibirsk?

Novosibirsk Dec 19, 2007 at 2:02 AM

Are there no hostels in Novosibirsk?
      I am looking for a place to sleep at the end of July 2008-beginning of August 2008. And I hope I can stay for EUR 20 a night. Is that possible?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2008 at 10:54 PM
    • English-Russian Language Exchange, etc.

Novosibirsk Nov 14, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Hi all!

I realized there is no expat site for Novosibirsk, which makes it hard to find each other for foreigners. Would love to keep practicing my English with exapts in exchange for Russian. Why won't we meet up for a beer or a coffe and be friends?

I am a foreigner mysf, been here for more then a year now. My Russian is perfect, English is OK. You can reach me at fsaipov@yahoo.com.

Fara

• French at Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Sep 3, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Hello
      I'm a French man living from 3 september at Novosibirsk. I do not know anybody. I'm looking for friends and a flat. Somebody can help me ?

Thanks
      Fabrice

2 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 9:55 PM
    • ctjonas's Profile Photo

accommodation for 2 or 3 nights

Novosibirsk May 29, 2007 at 3:14 PM

we (2 adults 48/52 non-smokers) are planning a train trip next september. need a cheap, clean accommodation in novosibirk for a couple of nights. private accommodation more than WELCOME. (we HATE international hotels)
      any ideas????
      thanks a lot for answering.
      chtistina

3 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM
    • rollmos's Profile Photo

need tips 4 vacation at novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Jan 19, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Am single and scheduled to visit Novosibirsk during first week of March
      Planning my hotel booking.. Which is the best hotel?
      Which are the best places for shopping?
      Is english widely spoken? and english newspapers, magazines available.
      Any nice lady or travel mate who WLTM welcome.

6 Answers Feb 24, 2007 at 8:54 AM
    • Question About Relocating to Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Aug 22, 2006 at 7:28 AM

I am American and our company is relocating us to Novosibirsk within the next few months. We have a dog and I was wondering if it was a good idea to bring her? If so, are there any vets located in Novosibirsk or Akademgorak (sp?)? Also, if we were to return home for a vacation, is there anyone that can watch our dog (kennel, in home nanny, etc.)? Please let me know as soon as possible because this is a major factor in our decision. Thanks!

7 Answers Sep 3, 2006 at 12:07 PM
    • Need funished flat to rent on long term rental in Novosibrisk.

Novosibirsk Aug 18, 2006 at 4:00 AM

I am an American living in Novosibrisk. I need too rent a small flat with telephone. Agents are invited to writr me or anyone knowing where I can find one. The problem is I speak almost no Russian. I need flat for about one year. My e-mail address is weaver1943@hotmail.com

• Need Apartment

Novosibirsk Aug 14, 2006 at 10:25 PM

Does anyone know an agent for renting apartments in Novosibrisk? I am in Novosibrisk and need an apartment for about one year. I will be happy with Russian style apartment but I do need telephone. I do not want to pay more than350 a month if posible. I am alone so need only small apartment location not important as long as I can get to bus or metro close by. My e-mail is weaver1943@hotmail.com. Need agent that can speak some English or a translator. Any help I can get will be great.
      Thanks Roy

• currency/using ATMs

Novosibirsk Jun 3, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Hi,

I will be attending a conference in Novosibirsk in June 2006, and am wondering what type of currency is best to carry. Also, is there a reliable ATM network there?

Many thanks.

T.

• Foreigners living in novosibirsk?

Novosibirsk Jul 24, 2005 at 2:57 PM

Hey,

I am looking for other foreigners who are living in novosibirsk. I am from Europe, and staying here for 2 months, would like to exchange experiances and information with people, so just write me!

3 Answers May 15, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • EnriquePerez's Profile Photo

Language course of RUssian language

Novosibirsk May 8, 2005 at 4:10 AM

Hello you all, can you recommend me the right place to do a language course of Russian in NOvosibirsk? Is there any kind of Pushkin Institute in this city? I do appreciate any help, or tips on that.
      Thanks a lot
      Enrqiue

9 Answers Jul 29, 2005 at 8:27 PM
    • From Kathmandu to Novosibirsk without airplane

Novosibirsk Oct 19, 2004 at 2:42 AM

I am traveling in January from Kathmandu to Novosibirsk, preferably without an airplane. Does anybody have an idea how it is possible in the easiest way? It would be probably through Kirkistan, Kazakhstan, Alma Ata or through Ulan Bator and Irkutsk...

2 Answers Oct 19, 2004 at 3:22 AM
    • Traveling from Novosibirsk, Russia to the United States

Novosibirsk Sep 18, 2004 at 8:03 AM

How hard is it for someone in Novosibirsk, Russia to get a visitation visa to be able to visit here in the United States? Is it possible to arrange such a visit? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. ~kevin

5 Answers Sep 30, 2004 at 3:06 AM
    • Financial aspect

Novosibirsk Oct 28, 2003 at 8:38 AM

Hello, Do yoy know what is the wage of a person working in a shop as secretary or a office ? What is the price of a flat in the center/near the center ? Where is it possible to rent ? Where has moved Babylon ? it was near Sibir Hotel thank you for the answer. Viktorio

2 Answers Feb 16, 2004 at 3:09 AM
    • Is Novosibirsk Really Safe for Foreigners

Novosibirsk Sep 27, 2003 at 4:29 PM

My fiancee is from Novosibirsk but our engagement has met some very disapproving behaviour from mainly 2 of her previous friends - namely two of her ex-boyfriends friends who are loosely associated with and work for the mafia. She came to visit me for the summer as she is finishing university now and since her return to Novosibirsk she has been threatened by these men that they will take her to a bana and gang rape her then leave her naked in the forest and that if, as is planned i come to visit at christmas and new year they will hurt me badly. In terms of these people it means a good beating at least but probably worse, guns or knives included. As a result she feels it safer that we go somewhere else to spend time together, and she knows Novosibirsk life well. Having already had one incident with these people in the past I am asking, is it really safe for me to travel there for Christmas or should I let these men get what they want and drive our relationship to the desparation of finding somewhere where we will both be safe?

11 Answers Sep 28, 2006 at 4:28 AM
    • From Novosibirsk to Seoul

Novosibirsk Jul 12, 2003 at 4:56 AM

HI, anybody know which airline fly from Novosibirsk to Seoul ? And which is the cheapest? Thanks a lot !

1 Answer Dec 7, 2005 at 6:38 AM
    • CptKangaroo's Profile Photo

flight's from novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Nov 11, 2002 at 5:26 AM

hi out there! after an altai-excursion with the uni. me and some friends will be in novosibirsk next august. unfortunately we'll not be able to stay in russia (visa problems) but would like to travel on from there. question: is it possible to catch an international flight to china in novosibirsk? is it possible to get a visa for this border crossing? what about kazachstan? (we have some contacts there, but cannot reach them at the moment) thnaks for any comment!

1 Answer Dec 3, 2004 at 5:58 AM
    • suvaa003's Profile Photo

accomodation and tips

Novosibirsk Nov 8, 2002 at 9:56 AM

i Iam coming to Novosobirsk in december, I am living here in Russia, I am dutch and want to see something of this country. I have a small budget, so who can tell me about accomodation cheap and compertable and suggestions what to do!!! I am planning to stay 2 or 3 days, any handy websites are welcome too Thnals already marga suvaal marga@artemovs.uralnet.ru ps. I would appreciate onlley emails about this subject and not otehr ones like asking for money ( this from people from africa)

2 Answers Oct 28, 2003 at 8:42 AM
    • Flats

Novosibirsk Sep 21, 2002 at 1:16 PM

1. What is the average price for a flat in dollars in Novosibirsk? 2. Can the flats be financed or does one have to pay cash in Novosibirsk? 3. What is the best location to rent or buy a flat in Novosibirsk?

3 Answers Sep 28, 2006 at 2:54 AM