Novosibirsk

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• getting into Mongolia at Tashanta gate post

Biysk Jun 23, 2014 at 10:08 PM

are there any transport getting into Mongolia from Biysk at the Tashanta gate post

more
    • entry to Mongolia from western border

Abakan Jun 21, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Hi,

I shall be going UB to Krasnoysark , Russia soon. I hope to re-enter from Western Mongolia ( Tsagaanuur-Tashanta ) border and from there make my way to UB.

Appreciate if any one can comment or give information regarding any of the following :

1> Tashanta/Tsagaanuur border entry: Is it possible? What are the operational days and timing

2> Transportation from Krasnoysark ( or nearby cities such as Novosibirsk) to the Tashanta gate entry ( I can travel and stopover from town to town until I reach the border gate )

3> Transportation from Tsagaanuur gate entry to UB. ( I can travel and stopover from provinces to provinces until I arrive UB. )

more
    • 2014 Naadym Festival Program Date?

Tuva Jun 20, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Hello,
      I want to come Tuva Naadym Fest this year from Istanbul, Turkey, but i can't find any program on web. Do you know this year's program date and content?

more
    • if it is possible?

Petrozavodsk Jul 4, 2014 at 1:08 AM

there is bus from petrozavodsk to st.peterpurge and the adress and the time and if possible number ?

more
    • Boat or hydrofoil between Kostroma and Yaroslav

Kostroma Jul 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Is still working the boat service between Kostroma and Yaroslav? If it is the case, do you know the timetable in summer time? Thanks.

more
    • Train from St.Petersburg to Pskov

Pskov Jun 25, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Are there Trainconnections from St. Petersburg to Pskov during the day as well?
      Not only a night train.

more
    • Moscow circus

Moscow Jun 19, 2014 at 1:22 PM

We will be in Moscow July 10 - 14 and have heard that the Moscow circus is a great night activity. Thoughts? Our kids are not young, 22, 20 and 16 but I can see them enjoying a good show. Are tickets difficult to get?

more
    • Will Russia's World Cup games be shown in any of St. Petersburg's public squares?

Saint Petersburg Jun 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Will Russia's World Cup games be shown in any of St. Petersburg's public squares? If not, can anybody recommend any good bars or pubs that will be showing the games?

more
    • Skillsbus's Profile Photo

Travel to Staraya Ladoga

Saint Petersburg Jul 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM

I will be in Stp in September. Is it possible to travel by bus to Staraya Ladoga and if so where does it depart from and its route number. Alternatively are there good train links ?

more
    • Luggage storage

Tal'tsy Jun 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Is there a place to leave luggage at the Museum for a few hours?

more
    • Metro to Finland Station early in the morning

Saint Petersburg Jul 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I have a question about St Petersburg public tranportation.
      I'll stay in St Petersburg and then I'll head to Helsinki by train. A good option for me is catch the train at 6.40 a.m at Finland Station. I'll be hosted near from Admiralteyskaya metro station.
      Is the metro working at this time? Is it safe? Will I be able to arrive on time to Finland Station?
      What's the options?
      Thank you!

more
    • Tours to Join

Saint Petersburg Jun 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hello. I am planning to travel to Saint Petersburg for the first time this September. I am traveling by myself and am looking for guided tours to join that go to different sights in the city as well as tours that take day trips to Peterhof or Pushkin. I want to find tours that are already scheduled that I can join. All that I have found so far are tours with companies that would charge a lot just for me with no one else on the tour.

Thanks for any suggestions.

more
    • Tour Buses from Airport

Moscow Yesterday

I have a 6 hour layover in the Moscow airpot (SVO) and was wondering if there is a city tour or soemthing I could do for 4 hours or so. I am female and traveling alone so I need something that is safe. Thank you!

more
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Jun 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi, I'm planning to visit Saint Petersbug on August. Catherine Palace is on my to do list. Which is the easiest way to reach it from Saint Petersburg downtown (my hotel is very close to Hermitage Museum)? Do you suggest to visit also Alexander Palace? Which are the park pavilions I can't miss?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

more
    • American traveling to Moscow & St. Petersburg Safe?

Moscow Jun 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Will it be safe for American to travel to Moscow & St. Petersburg today, like talking about next month?

more
    • Colombo to Moscow. Visa needed?

Russia Jun 14, 2014 at 4:18 AM

I am not a Russian national. I would like to travel from Colombo through Moscow to Europe.
      I do not intend to go out of the airport.
      Have you travelled along this route?
      Does Srilankan Airlines ask for a transit visa?

more
    • AbhisekD's Profile Photo

is racism there against indians in st.petersburg

Saint Petersburg Jul 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM

i am an indian and i am joining St. Petersburg State Medical Academy so i would be very grateful if someone would tell me about the attitude and feelings of the locals towards us as i have read some unpleasant experiences from the internet about people with coloured skins

more
    • Business visa to Russia

Russia Jun 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM

A person needs to get a busines visa to Russia for 3 months. But he is retired and is not going to work. On visa sites they advise to name in a form as his place of employment the most well-known organization in his country. Is it legal?

more
    • neohxc's Profile Photo

What's the chepest way to get to Novosibirsk?

by neohxc Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I was thinking of flying into St Petersburg and then taking a train to Novosobirsk since the airfar there is around500 compared to almost 1,000 to fly into Novosobirsk. I would take the trans railway 3rd class. which is 178 or something like that. Thoughts?

11 Answers Dec 1, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    • sakitamahime's Profile Photo

what to do

by sakitamahime Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM

new and alone in this N-sk
      What to do...

6 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 3:27 AM
    • Hospitals in Novosibirsk

by gagglefrak Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Hi there

My company is thinking of visiting Novosibirsk, however we need to be near to good medical facilities. How good are the hospitals in Novosibirsk? Are their many private ones? Does anyone have any opinions or stories to share about their experiences there?

Many thanks

3 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    • DefectiveLimousine's Profile Photo

RENT?

by DefectiveLimousine Online Now Aug 28, 2008 at 1:59 PM

How much should I pay for rent in Novosibirsk?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2008 at 1:50 AM
    • DefectiveLimousine's Profile Photo

For Real?

by DefectiveLimousine Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Seriously, How bad is the pollution in the region?

I saw another picture connected to VT that showed local water in a tub - is it really that bad in Novosibirsk?

1 Answer Jan 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    • Anyone knows the OVIR (visa and registry department) detail address and phone number in Novosibirsk?

by goldfish100 Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 5:24 PM

I live in Toronto, Canada, I plan to go to Novosibirsk in 2 month to visit friends, I was told that my friend needs to get the certificate of invitation from OVIR, and I found this phone number :7-383-2-16-71-39 from the website, but this number is a wrong number, and my friend could not find this place.
      Anyone who knows this place, please let me know as soon as possible?
      Thank you so much.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2008 at 2:17 AM
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Anyone going to Novosibirsk for the big event on August 1, 2008?

by GyuriFT Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 1:47 PM

There will be a pretty unique event in Novosibirsk on August 1, 2008. It won't be repeated very soon.
      so hurry up and make sure your Russian visa, hotel reservation and CITY-STAR ticket is ready for action.

deals.virtualtourist.com/vie...

That may change our travel plans for this Summer.

2 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 7:46 AM
    • jeoren's Profile Photo

No hostels in Novosibirsk?

by jeoren Online Now Dec 19, 2007 at 2:02 AM

Are there no hostels in Novosibirsk?
      I am looking for a place to sleep at the end of July 2008-beginning of August 2008. And I hope I can stay for EUR 20 a night. Is that possible?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2008 at 10:54 PM
    • English-Russian Language Exchange, etc.

by Farukh Online Now Nov 14, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Hi all!

I realized there is no expat site for Novosibirsk, which makes it hard to find each other for foreigners. Would love to keep practicing my English with exapts in exchange for Russian. Why won't we meet up for a beer or a coffe and be friends?

I am a foreigner mysf, been here for more then a year now. My Russian is perfect, English is OK. You can reach me at fsaipov@yahoo.com.

Fara

• French at Novosibirsk

by fafaroma Online Now Sep 3, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Hello
      I'm a French man living from 3 september at Novosibirsk. I do not know anybody. I'm looking for friends and a flat. Somebody can help me ?

Thanks
      Fabrice

2 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 9:55 PM
    • ctjonas's Profile Photo

accommodation for 2 or 3 nights

by ctjonas Online Now May 29, 2007 at 3:14 PM

we (2 adults 48/52 non-smokers) are planning a train trip next september. need a cheap, clean accommodation in novosibirk for a couple of nights. private accommodation more than WELCOME. (we HATE international hotels)
      any ideas????
      thanks a lot for answering.
      chtistina

3 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM
    • rollmos's Profile Photo

need tips 4 vacation at novosibirsk

by rollmos Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Am single and scheduled to visit Novosibirsk during first week of March
      Planning my hotel booking.. Which is the best hotel?
      Which are the best places for shopping?
      Is english widely spoken? and english newspapers, magazines available.
      Any nice lady or travel mate who WLTM welcome.

6 Answers Feb 24, 2007 at 8:54 AM
    • Question About Relocating to Novosibirsk

by mbfredd Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 7:28 AM

I am American and our company is relocating us to Novosibirsk within the next few months. We have a dog and I was wondering if it was a good idea to bring her? If so, are there any vets located in Novosibirsk or Akademgorak (sp?)? Also, if we were to return home for a vacation, is there anyone that can watch our dog (kennel, in home nanny, etc.)? Please let me know as soon as possible because this is a major factor in our decision. Thanks!

7 Answers Sep 3, 2006 at 12:07 PM
    • Need funished flat to rent on long term rental in Novosibrisk.

by roye1943 Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 4:00 AM

I am an American living in Novosibrisk. I need too rent a small flat with telephone. Agents are invited to writr me or anyone knowing where I can find one. The problem is I speak almost no Russian. I need flat for about one year. My e-mail address is weaver1943@hotmail.com

• Need Apartment

by roye1943 Online Now Aug 14, 2006 at 10:25 PM

Does anyone know an agent for renting apartments in Novosibrisk? I am in Novosibrisk and need an apartment for about one year. I will be happy with Russian style apartment but I do need telephone. I do not want to pay more than350 a month if posible. I am alone so need only small apartment location not important as long as I can get to bus or metro close by. My e-mail is weaver1943@hotmail.com. Need agent that can speak some English or a translator. Any help I can get will be great.
      Thanks Roy

• currency/using ATMs

by t_ohearn Online Now Jun 3, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Hi,

I will be attending a conference in Novosibirsk in June 2006, and am wondering what type of currency is best to carry. Also, is there a reliable ATM network there?

Many thanks.

T.

• Foreigners living in novosibirsk?

by billie-jean Online Now Jul 24, 2005 at 2:57 PM

Hey,

I am looking for other foreigners who are living in novosibirsk. I am from Europe, and staying here for 2 months, would like to exchange experiances and information with people, so just write me!

3 Answers May 15, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • EnriquePerez's Profile Photo

Language course of RUssian language

by EnriquePerez Online Now May 8, 2005 at 4:10 AM

Hello you all, can you recommend me the right place to do a language course of Russian in NOvosibirsk? Is there any kind of Pushkin Institute in this city? I do appreciate any help, or tips on that.
      Thanks a lot
      Enrqiue

9 Answers Jul 29, 2005 at 8:27 PM
    • From Kathmandu to Novosibirsk without airplane

by susannahorn Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 2:42 AM

I am traveling in January from Kathmandu to Novosibirsk, preferably without an airplane. Does anybody have an idea how it is possible in the easiest way? It would be probably through Kirkistan, Kazakhstan, Alma Ata or through Ulan Bator and Irkutsk...

2 Answers Oct 19, 2004 at 3:22 AM
    • Traveling from Novosibirsk, Russia to the United States

by k15963 Online Now Sep 18, 2004 at 8:03 AM

How hard is it for someone in Novosibirsk, Russia to get a visitation visa to be able to visit here in the United States? Is it possible to arrange such a visit? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. ~kevin

5 Answers Sep 30, 2004 at 3:06 AM
    • Financial aspect

by viktorio Online Now Oct 28, 2003 at 8:38 AM

Hello, Do yoy know what is the wage of a person working in a shop as secretary or a office ? What is the price of a flat in the center/near the center ? Where is it possible to rent ? Where has moved Babylon ? it was near Sibir Hotel thank you for the answer. Viktorio

2 Answers Feb 16, 2004 at 3:09 AM
    • Is Novosibirsk Really Safe for Foreigners

by sporren Online Now Sep 27, 2003 at 4:29 PM

My fiancee is from Novosibirsk but our engagement has met some very disapproving behaviour from mainly 2 of her previous friends - namely two of her ex-boyfriends friends who are loosely associated with and work for the mafia. She came to visit me for the summer as she is finishing university now and since her return to Novosibirsk she has been threatened by these men that they will take her to a bana and gang rape her then leave her naked in the forest and that if, as is planned i come to visit at christmas and new year they will hurt me badly. In terms of these people it means a good beating at least but probably worse, guns or knives included. As a result she feels it safer that we go somewhere else to spend time together, and she knows Novosibirsk life well. Having already had one incident with these people in the past I am asking, is it really safe for me to travel there for Christmas or should I let these men get what they want and drive our relationship to the desparation of finding somewhere where we will both be safe?

11 Answers Sep 28, 2006 at 4:28 AM
    • From Novosibirsk to Seoul

by chyg79 Online Now Jul 12, 2003 at 4:56 AM

HI, anybody know which airline fly from Novosibirsk to Seoul ? And which is the cheapest? Thanks a lot !

1 Answer Dec 7, 2005 at 6:38 AM
    • CptKangaroo's Profile Photo

flight's from novosibirsk

by CptKangaroo Online Now Nov 11, 2002 at 5:26 AM

hi out there! after an altai-excursion with the uni. me and some friends will be in novosibirsk next august. unfortunately we'll not be able to stay in russia (visa problems) but would like to travel on from there. question: is it possible to catch an international flight to china in novosibirsk? is it possible to get a visa for this border crossing? what about kazachstan? (we have some contacts there, but cannot reach them at the moment) thnaks for any comment!

1 Answer Dec 3, 2004 at 5:58 AM
    • suvaa003's Profile Photo

accomodation and tips

by suvaa003 Online Now Nov 8, 2002 at 9:56 AM

i Iam coming to Novosobirsk in december, I am living here in Russia, I am dutch and want to see something of this country. I have a small budget, so who can tell me about accomodation cheap and compertable and suggestions what to do!!! I am planning to stay 2 or 3 days, any handy websites are welcome too Thnals already marga suvaal marga@artemovs.uralnet.ru ps. I would appreciate onlley emails about this subject and not otehr ones like asking for money ( this from people from africa)

2 Answers Oct 28, 2003 at 8:42 AM
    • Flats

by ozzy2me2000 Online Now Sep 21, 2002 at 1:16 PM

1. What is the average price for a flat in dollars in Novosibirsk? 2. Can the flats be financed or does one have to pay cash in Novosibirsk? 3. What is the best location to rent or buy a flat in Novosibirsk?

3 Answers Sep 28, 2006 at 2:54 AM