change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Day trips.

Koper Mar 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Could you suggest some day trips from Koper by public trasnportation? I have already been to Piran.

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Ljubljana - Zagreb return fare

Slovenia Yesterday

Dear all,
      Needed a small clarification.

As per Slovenian train website, one way fare from Ljubljana to Zagreb is 16.4 euros whereas return fare is 26.2 euros.

I wanted to know validity of the return ticket. As in does it have to be a same day return or can I return after say 3 day stay at Zagreb and still avail the return fare discount?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

more
    • Pletna Boats

Bled Mar 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Is it difficult getting in and out of the pletna boats? It looks like a pretty high step.

more
    • mercedes50's Profile Photo

Walking to Koper from Ship

Koper Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi I'm going to Koper on a cruise i was wondering if i can walk to the old town from the port?

more
    • Train or Bus ?

Maribor Mar 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Which is the best way to travel for seniors to travel (with a large suitcase each) ,from Maribor to Vienna.
      Appreciate your help.

Kind Regards
      Bev.

more
    • Hiking in June

Triglav Nacionalni Park Mar 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I'm considering a hike in mid June which includes crossing the higher part of the park, from Dom na Komni via Triglavskih Jezerih to Trenta. Is that feasible considering snow conditions? I do have winter hiking experience but I don't plan to carry full winter gear - will have some traction ("microspikes") and poles, as well as good 3-season waterproof boots etc.

Thanks!

more
    • Help with travel

Slovenia Apr 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM

How do I get from Ljubljana - Slovenia to Hermagor-Austria please any help would be brilliant, thank you .....

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Nova gorica - Gorizia

by rbdoshi Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Is it possible to reach Gorizia station from Nova gorica using a bus? Can someone tell me how frequent are the buses and when is the last bus?

Also, would crossing the border with an Indian passport be possible?

Thanks!!

4 Answers Jun 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    • Dobbin81's Profile Photo

Nova Gorica-Divaca

by Dobbin81 Online Now May 20, 2008 at 5:40 AM

Hellol, I'm visiting Nova Gorica in a couple of weeks on my way to Zagreb. I'm spending the night of Sunday 1st June in town and the next day I want to visit the Kostanjevica Monastery before travelling to the Skocjan Caves and then Ljubljana. Unfortunately the trains don't run very regularly between Nova Gorica and Divaca (where I need to go to visit the caves) and there aren't any buses! Can anyone recommend a quick way of getting to the caves on Monday morning? Is there a car rental service in Nova Gorica? Or does anyone know how much a taxi would cost?

Many thanks!

Gavin

1 Answer May 22, 2008 at 2:32 AM
    • Taxi fares

by darrenfull Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 5:51 AM

I am flying into Ljubljana on Tuesday teatime (6pm approx) and have to get to Nova Gorica that evening.
      I can't hire car as don't have driving licence.
      Are there regular, reliable trains?
      Or, as last resort, can you book a taxi?
      How much would taxi fare be approx between Ljubljana and Nova Gorica?
      Many thanks.

2 Answers Jul 17, 2006 at 9:55 AM
    • from piran to nova gorica and beyond

by peepingleaf Online Now Nov 16, 2004 at 8:45 AM

hello can anybody tell me if its possible to get a train from piran to nova gorica along the coast..and then perhaps on to bled..how much does it cost..and if there are any nice hostels or hotels at resonable prices in piran it'll be early january....thanks c

1 Answer Nov 17, 2004 at 3:13 AM
    • how far is?

by roibl Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 8:46 PM

Haw far is the Town Rieka from Opatia ? I need an urgent answer please. Thank you

5 Answers Jun 20, 2004 at 11:48 PM
    • jesniel's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Nova Goroca

by jesniel Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 9:41 AM

Q: Can anybody recommend chep acomodation in Nova Gorica? Within walking distance to italian border (not neccessary the crossing) would be perfect. Jesper

• Cross into Nova Grocia

by Thomas98 Online Now Mar 26, 2004 at 8:37 AM

Is there a border crossing between Gorica, Italy and Nova Gorica, Slovenia? Can I cross on foot? taxi? Bus? with a USA passport? Tom Leskovich

5 Answers Mar 30, 2004 at 3:03 AM
    • blueblazer's Profile Photo

Visit to Slovenia from Trieste

by blueblazer Online Now Mar 27, 2003 at 7:16 AM

I'm travelling to Northern Italy at the end of April. I'm looking to stay in Trieste for a few days and travel to Slovenia and maybe Croatia. Please could you advise me where the best place in Slovenia is to visit, which isn't too far from Italy. How long will it take by train ? How far is it from Slovenia to Croatia as I'm hoping to visit as many countries as possible ! Thanks

3 Answers Apr 7, 2003 at 9:01 AM
    • Andiamo13's Profile Photo

From Gorizia to Nova Gorica train FAST!

by Andiamo13 Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 7:09 AM

In two weeks I will be taking the train from Milano to Ljubljana via Gorizia and Nova Gorica. My problem: After arriving at Gorzia, I will have only about 45 minutes to get to the Nova Gorica train station. What's the fastest way to travel between the two stations? Is it far? Can I take a taxi? Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

5 Answers Oct 21, 2002 at 6:39 PM