Nouméa Travel Answers

change location

A day/evening in Noumea

by ma6ta Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 11:43 AM

We are visiting Noumea on a P&O Cruise from 3pm - 11pm and am interested to know if there are day tours the Escapade Island Resort and how do we get there and back.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: A day/evening in Noumea

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM

The L'Escapade is a place of contrasts indeed. Some things are perfect, some things not so perfect. However if you are just going to spend the day, you should be fine. However, Noumea and the whole New Caledonia, is a fascinating place also full of contrasts. My advise would be to take the time and explore a bit, before just going to the L'Escapate. You can do the Le Petit train turnaround at least and see some of the local colors and culture.

It has been a while since I used Le Petit train but I have updated my knowledge and here is what I know know.

The train departs from Palm Beach Station, Anse Vata at 9.15am, 10.45am 1.30pm, 3.15pm. It does take in the major sights and it allows stops at the Botanical Gardens, City Center, and at Anse Vata as well. I am 90% sure that they will let you get off the train and reboard the next train as long as you have a valid ticket, but only at these predetermined stops.

You can get off at the City Center shopping district and it is only about a 10 minute walk back to the terminal.

As far as how to get to the L'Escapade, it is only about 25-39 minutes by boat from the Noumea harbor so should be easy.

Enjoy Noumea, - New Caledonia is a fascinating destination, not seen by as many as it deserves. Hope this helps.......d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: A day/evening in Noumea

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Here is the train website for you to review......have fun.....d:o)

http://www.petit-train.nc/index_en.html

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines