Nouméa Travel Answers

change location
Linda_T's Profile Photo

An evening in Noumea

by Linda_T Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 7:40 PM

We are visiting Noumea on a P&O Cruise from 3pm - 11pm and am interested to know what we should do while we are there. I'm not interested in any of the organised tours from the ship as sitting in a coach for period doesn't do it for me. Any advice from previous cruisers would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • CallAnt's Profile Photo

Re: An evening in Noumea

by CallAnt Online Now Nov 29, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Take a cab from the ship to the Baie des Citrons where there are alot of restraunts and bars overlooking the water. You can also keep walking around the waters edge from there down Anse Vata where there are more restraunts, shops ect. There is little to do or see in the city center (where the ships dock).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Linda_T's Profile Photo

by Linda_T Online Now Dec 2, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Thanks for the reply!

• KiwiJes's Profile Photo

by KiwiJes Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Hi - If you havent gone yet. I say do the tours! I have been on a P&O Cruise to Noumea. There wasnt a lot to do as the shops close reasonably early. In terms of restaurants then I agree with the previous poster(but you'll have great food on the Cruise - we had the most delicious Harpuka for dinner on the ship when we stopped at Noumea!!). By doing a tour you will actually see something. By not doing the tour, you may end up wandering around with nothing to do.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines