Nouakchott Travel Answers

change location
Rahel's Profile Photo

Was anyone there?

by Rahel Online Now Sep 24, 2002 at 4:54 AM

I like to know everything about Mauritania and its capital. Was anyone there? Thanks for your answers

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Was anyone there?

by ATLC Online Now Sep 24, 2002 at 5:41 AM

12 VT members live there, 138 VT members have been there. Just do a search on Mauritania (in the little white box on the top right of this screen) and you'll get lots of info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CliffClaven's Profile Photo

by CliffClaven Online Now Oct 1, 2002 at 2:42 AM

A very brief list of Mauritanian websites: dfait-maeci.gc.ca/middle_eas...

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

by johnsakura Online Now Jan 16, 2004 at 5:57 PM

hi there i went to Mauritania for two weeks. Maybe I can be a help for you whatever you wish to know about the country and that I can answer of course. I have some pages in mauritania if you wish to visit. thank you very much joao leitao

• Re: Re: Was anyone there?

by aitoru Online Now May 20, 2004 at 3:47 AM

I was there last year. What do you want to know?

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

by johnsakura Online Now May 20, 2004 at 5:16 AM

well, mauritania's has 2 cpaitals, the main one NKT where the president lives, and NDB which is the economical capital of the country. NKT is a capital full of sand, its crazy to imagine a town which is the capital with sand on the strees, specialy when some sand storms occur. remeber that 2 thirds of mauritania are inside the sahara desert. main things to see about the capital are: the fishermens port and the beach with the fish market and a boat which is stuck on the sand, the mosque from saudi arabia, the big market and some street markets where you can buy amazing scarfs and you also have the artisanal museum. i went 4 times to mauritania already, last time i come out of the country in april. things were doing ok, the same old story, rough people, poverty and many smiles of course. many discremination in NKT for women. its impossible anyone saying no to this fact. they are also very racist to black people, which can make you feel sometimes a bit uncofortable. if you need some other things to know about the country or NKT just tell me and make me specific questions. thank you joao

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines