Nottinghamshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Night out in Stockport

Stockport Aug 14, 2015 at 12:38 PM

I am visiting Stockport plaza Saturday night after that still want to go out any ideas I am 50!and I like soul and Motown music any ideas

more
    • nightlife

Hartlepool Aug 12, 2015 at 3:46 AM

Is it safe to go in pubs I am a young 50 any Good nightclubs in area also Middlesbrough and stockton

more
    • Transit Visa

Heathrow Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I am an Indian citizen travelling to USA from Mumbai. I am flying first time on U.S. student visa via London through British Airways. I am landing on terminal 5 heathrow and will require to move to terminal 3 for my next flight of British Airways to Chicago. My layover in London is 18 hours. I want to know if any transit visa is required. It is be noted that I have throughout ticket to Chicago through British Airways.

more
    • How long to clear terminal 5 customs?

Heathrow Aug 24, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi, I'm travelling from Bangkok, Thailand, tomorrow and land at 18:30 terminal 5. Any idea how long it will take to get to the train station with customs etc..? Many thanks

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

transfer from airport to buckingham palace

London Aug 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM

from heathrow airport to buckingham palace, how much would a taxi fare cost ? around noon time on a weekday

more
    • Is a 2 Hour connection time (arrival and departure both from T5) sufficient ?

Heathrow Aug 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I will have a 2 hour 10 minute connection time between my flights (both of them arriving/departing T5). I will be traveling with an infant, will be on Business Class tickets (not sure if LHR Fast Track is any help?). Is this doable?

BA-143 DEL to LHR and BA-193 LHR to DFW. (It seems these flights will undergo a schedule change from their current timing which allows a fair connection time to a new time which makes this connection tricky for me)

more
    • Dog friendly

Minehead Aug 5, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Which attractions here are dog friendly?

more
    • Heathrow Airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow 140 bath road Hayes Middlesex

London 8 hours ago

How far is the hotel from Terminal 2 and what is the cheapest way of reaching ?

more
    • gatwick-harlow

London Aug 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM

hello!
      i have two questions please:
      1- how to get from gatwick airport to harlow?
      2- how to travel from harlow to bow road?
      please include the fares ( preferably lowest possible) and if oyster cards or passes are applicable

thanks!!

more
    • Tube strike

London Aug 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM

I need to get from Victoria to Euston next Friday during the tube strike. Should I try to get a bus, taxi, or just walk with my wheelie case?

more
    • bus to cockington

Cockington Aug 3, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Hi can we take dogs on the 62 bus and can we use our torbay day riders issued by stagecoach

more
    • visiting /sightseeing

Lake District National Park Aug 27, 2015 at 5:02 PM

- What are the most scenic and accessible- by car - thing/places to visit in the Lake D NP?

Any reasonable place to stay?
      Great hikes - 3-4 hours?
      Thanks,
      Michael

more
    • Heathrow connection

Heathrow Aug 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I am a U.S. Citizen. I have a connecting flight from Budapest to Heathrow back to the U.S. Do I have to clear anything or go back thru screening or anything? Or do I just get to the next gate. It is the same airline all the way, American Airlines. Thank you.

more
    • I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016

Newcastle upon Tyne Aug 21, 2015 at 10:49 PM

I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016,but i don't want to bring so many things to the wedding address at Newcastle.
      At least we need stay there for 5 days,and rent lots of things.

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

travel time from heathrow airport to buckingham palace

London Aug 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM

how long does it take to travel from the airport to buckingham palace, by train, or taxi

more
    • Stansted airport to Central London

England Aug 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Hello, I am arrivind to Stansted airport, and trying to take the National Express (bus or coach) to get to Central London.
      Which station should I get off?? Thanks

more
    • Heathrow T3

Heathrow Aug 24, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Hi I'm arriving from America in October - arriving at T3. I need to collect luggage, head through security and head to the Heathrow express to Paddington and then catch subway Kings Cross then train to Leeds. Its cheaper to book an advanced single ticket to Leeds but need to know how much time to allow so I can book a fixed time. Any ideas?

more
    • luggage and connection.

Heathrow Aug 23, 2015 at 4:48 AM

I will be returning from San Francisco to LHR to connect to Manchester. I have 1hr to get my connection. Do I have to pick up my luggage first or will it go directly to Manchester? my flights are with BA. I know 1hr is a bit tight but I am not to bothered if i miss the connection and end up on another flight as it is my return journey.

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Fullers brewery tour

London Aug 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM

A question for women (or men wearing skirts..). My husband red somewhere one shouldn´t use too "fluttery" (or something like that) clothes at brewery tour. I only wear skirts (if you don´t count walking trips with the dogs..) and my skirts are really long. All my summer skirts are quite thin, and I´d rather not take jeans skirt with me (we have only hand luggage) because it´s so warm and takes a lot of place at bag. We are leaving tomorrow.
      Has anyone been there with skirt? How strikt is this thing? Could I go with quite narrow jersey skirts, even it is not a "pencil skirt", it can "flutter" a LITTLE.. Or maybe I could take some rubber bands and tighten the tail? I don´t find info on their page, and I must pack up my bag tonight, since we will leave at noon tomorrow.

more
    • Heathrow Terminal 4 to Charing Cross - train or underground - connections?

London Aug 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Hi - my son (*fit, strong, healthy & 20yrs old!) is travelling with a suitcase and small backpack, arriving at Terminal 4 at 5.35am. He needs to get to Charing Cross to catch a train to Kent. What's the best way please? I can't recall what the changeover at Paddington is like to get to the Bakerloo line - stairs? Escalators? Or is the underground better using Piccadilly Line to Leicester Sq then change to drop down to Charing Cross on the Northern Line? Again, can't recall - is this a change with loads of stairs? I figure it will be rush-hour by the time he is crossing London too, by the time he clears customs and gets luggage etc, so this is probably worth factoring in. He's arriving from New Zealand, so long-haul. Thanks :-)

more
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock

London Aug 6, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Folks, I have to be in London in early October for 7 nights 2 - 9th. I'm looking for accommodation that will have facilities for me to make something to eat, cup of coffee etc. I know as a city it will be expensive. I have a budget of about €120 per night. Does anyone know of any good sites I can try. Travelling alone so want somewhere safe to walk in. Course I'm attending around the Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock area.

more
    • 60th birthday

Ambleside Aug 29, 2015 at 2:43 AM

traveling to ambleside in the later end of sept having the Friday sat and sunday to do things. party of 10 people around same age, what can you recommend doing. my first visit to lake district

more
    • Visiting Stonehenge

Stonehenge Aug 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM

I will be visiting England in October with my son...a father and son trip! Want to visit Stonehenge, but have heard that many tours just take you to the visitor center. How can I be sure to get up close, or go into and around the site?
      Are there particular tours I should sign on to to get the most out of our visit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rod

more
    • Safe Accommodation in Durham, UK?

Durham Aug 25, 2015 at 2:22 AM

As I missed the on-campus accommodation deadline for this year, I am trying to find a safe accommodation for a female student in Durham, UK. I found Elvet studios student accommodation does anyone know anything about it?

more
    • Transit visa for the UK (EMERGENCY)

London Aug 24, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Hey everyone, I'm flying to Toronto(YYZ) from Chennai(MAA) via Mumbai(BOM) and London(LHR) by Jet airways. I have a layover of 15 hours in London before my connecting flight to Toronto.

I depart from Mumbai on 4th September at 12:55 and arrive at London Heathrow(TERMINAL 4) on 4th September at 17:55.

And depart from London Heathrow on 5th September(TERMINAL 2) at 08:30 and arrive at Toronto on 5th September at 11:10.

Like I said earlier I have a layover of 15 hours at London, my question is do I require a transit visa to remain in the airport for the 15 hours. I also hold a Canadian Visa which is valid for 3 years and hold an Indian passport. I will not be exiting the airport.

Any help would be appreciated

more

Popular Nottinghamshire Travel Answer Locations

• B&B's in NEwark and Southwell

Newark upon Trent Jan 21, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Does anyone have a list of B&B's in Newark and Southwell areas please?

I need accomodation for wedding guests in Upton for August

Thanks somuch

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • Tell me about Newark

Newark upon Trent Dec 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I'm thinking of moving to Newark, is this a good, where else could I consider?

24 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    • from london to nottingham

Nottingham Oct 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Hi everyone!
      I want to visit Nottingham in December for my University graduation ceremony. I will travel from Dusseldorf and I would like to ask for the most efficient way to reach Nottingham. I suppose I have to fly to London and then....?
      Please guide me...!
      Thanks

17 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Anyone remember Choy's chinese restaurant (40 years ago)?

Nottingham Oct 12, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Had a reunion in Nottingham with 4 others - we began our postgrad studies together at the University 41 years ago! None of them remembered us going to Choy's Chinese restaurant somewhere in the town centre. I learnt to use chopsticks there! Did I imagine it? Hope someone can help! Steve

3 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    • traveling to Newark on Trent

Sutton in Ashfield Mar 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM

How the cheapest traveling from Sutton in Ashfield to Newark on Trent apart from car

3 Answers Mar 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    • East Midlands airport to Rome or Paris

Nottingham Oct 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I would like to fly budget airline from Nottingham to either these two cities. Rome or Paris from mid December 2010 for a week. What airlines fly there?

4 Answers Oct 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    • PaulMcGann's Profile Photo

Beeches Hotel

Nottingham May 19, 2009 at 9:02 AM

We're staying in the Beeches Hotel for the Cricket in a couple of weeks time. Is it OK? When we're not at the cricket is there anything interesting to see ? Any nice restaurants? Not toooo dear!! Thanks

2 Answers May 19, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    • Interesting Clubs

Nottingham Oct 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM

Hi

I'm going to be in Nottingham till the end of the month. Are there any good night clubs to go out to? I was thinking of Gatecrasher. Has anyone been there/recomend it?

Thanks in advance...

• MelSA14's Profile Photo

Barge Cruise- Trent & Mersey Canal

Nottingham Jun 3, 2008 at 5:16 AM

Good Day

We are going on a Barge cruise from the 1st-8th October, departure point will be Sawley Marina in Long Eaton.

I would just like to know a few things:
      * What is the weather like at this time of year?
      * We will be arriving in Nottingham on the 30th to start the barge the next day so we would need to sleep over 1 night, would you recommend we spend one night in Nottingham or Long Eaton, is it easy enough to get from Nottingham to Long Eaton and what is the cost roughly?

That's about it. Hope someone could be of assistance.

Thank You,
      Melissa

11 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 4:40 AM
    • To Hull

Nottingham May 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Using public transport, can I get to Hull and back in the one day?
      I have checked some timetables but it doesn't look too promising.

2 Answers May 25, 2008 at 11:33 PM
    • SergioT123's Profile Photo

Nottingham and english pubs: gay v straight -Is it ok?

Nottingham Apr 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Greetings All,
      I am going to be in Nottingham on business. My co worker in nottingham said it was customary to go to a nightclub that was gay. However, my fellow portugese friends may feel a little bit strange going to bar that is for gay folks. My question is, is it really customary , common and accepted for straight men and women to to go a club that is designated for gays? if so, then great, its a custom and no issues. If not, then i probably wouldnt recommend it. We want to experience the true english experience, but i dont want to be out of place.
      Cheers!
      serge

12 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 4:35 AM
    • stevee's Profile Photo

Nottingham for 1 Day

Nottingham Mar 8, 2008 at 10:27 AM

I will be arriving in Nottingham on a Thursday for a brief visit to the Nottingham City Hospital. Looking for some ideas on sightseeing and pubs to visit. I will be arriving by train, staying at the "Park Inn", and will not have access to a car.

Ideas?????

8 Answers Mar 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Pre-Theatre Eating

Nottingham Mar 2, 2008 at 7:59 AM

Has anyone eaten at the restaurant at the Royal Concert Hall and if so, what is it like?
      Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to eat before the theatre?

2 Answers Mar 3, 2008 at 12:25 AM
    • Traditional Live Irish Music

Nottingham Dec 27, 2007 at 4:01 AM

Hiya
      Was hoping someone could direct me to some live Irish music. Currently travel to the Dog and Partridge in Sheffield. Anything similar closer to home?
      Thanks
      Sharon

• Late Night Shopping

Nottingham Nov 20, 2007 at 12:55 PM

What time does the Late Night Shopping finish on Wednesdays?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2007 at 1:11 PM
    • baron1970's Profile Photo

Two more questions

Nottingham Oct 23, 2007 at 12:01 PM

After posting my question, I found out the following places for my daughter. Which one do you think is more fun for our daughter and how do we get there?
      Finally how do we get to McArthurGlen Designer Outlet, Mansfield from our hotel? Thanks and promise no more questions till tomorrow :)

2 Answers Oct 26, 2007 at 2:23 AM
    • baron1970's Profile Photo

Please help me!

Nottingham Oct 23, 2007 at 11:14 AM

* We will be staying at Village Hotel & Leisure Club Nottingham and considering that we will be arriving in Nottingham by train from Edinburgh which train station should we take off?
      * Is there a night train to save us from one night hotel cost from Edinburgh to Nottingham?
      * Any interesting places for our 4.5 years old daughter to see in Nottingham? (like a zoo or something about Robin Hood, Disney etc.?)
      * Any outlet shopping near Nottingham?
      * Which club or restaurant would you recommend for our two nights at Nottingham again considering our daughter?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Oct 23, 2007 at 1:06 PM
    • Cheap short stay in Nottingham

Nottingham Oct 13, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Does anyone know of any cheap short stay (one week) accomodation in Nottingham City Centre?

2 Answers Oct 17, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    • Nottingham to London and back

Nottingham Oct 6, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Hi,
      I am new to UK, I want to visit london on 13 and 14 Oct 2007. I have few queries.
      1. What is the cheapest way to get there> {We are 2 ppl travelling}
      2. What are the best places to visit there and best possible transport.
      I would be staying in companys guest house in Twickenham TW2 6JL

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 4:56 AM
    • WHERE???

Nottingham Sep 12, 2007 at 3:12 PM

All:

I'm travelling to Notts with my GF (gorgeous!!) from Switzerland on 19&20. Can anybody recommend a smooth place to hang out?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2007 at 11:45 PM
    • airbrush's Profile Photo

Where else can we to go in Nottingham?

Nottinghamshire Sep 11, 2007 at 6:02 PM

A group of 7 will be Nottingham this coming October for annual excursion. We have visited the Castle, Trip to Jelusleum, Victoria Centre, Trent River, Cricket Ground and West Brigdefort.

Where else can we go this time? VT member please enlightened. Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Sep 14, 2007 at 1:38 PM
    • Travel from Nottingham to London

Nottingham Aug 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM

Hi

I will be staying in innkeeper's lodge during my trip to nottingham. Can anyone advise what's the best way to travel to london (paddington station area)& what's the cost & time of journey.
      Thanks

7 Answers Aug 30, 2007 at 10:15 AM
    • Park Plaza Hotel, Nottingham

Nottingham Aug 23, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Does this hotel charge for 800 number calls, for international calling card calls, for local calls, or for internet access? If so, how much? If you don't bring a lap top, is there a computer available for internet access and at what cost? Thanks

1 Answer Aug 23, 2007 at 11:12 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Pub meal for 15 people

Nottingham Aug 20, 2007 at 3:38 AM

Hi,
      I am trying to organise an afternoon meal/buffet for 15 family members for a Saturday afternoon in Nottingham. Preferably centre or not far from it.
      I like the idea of a pub sort of setting. Does anyone have any ideas of pubs etc that could accomodate us and, of course, with good food and beer and pleasant surroundings.

In the evening we would like to find a place close to Park Plaza Hotel that may put on a sort of 'finger buffet' for the group.

I would appreciate any help at all -- looking for a saturday in late september.

regards, pete

5 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 12:25 AM
    • Hotels nearest to University of Nottingham

Nottingham Aug 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Hi,

Appreciate recommendation from anyone for good and inexpensive
      hotels nearest to University of Nottingham, preferably walking
      distances away.

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 17, 2007 at 5:24 AM
    • Help needed for a stag night

Nottingham Jul 13, 2007 at 8:48 AM

My friend is having his stag night in Nottingham, we enjoy fun and booze and are wearing fancy dress, we would like to organize a stripper for him, can anyone suggest a venue who would not object.
      Many Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 22, 2007 at 8:05 AM
    • supercarys's Profile Photo

Sherwood Forest?

Nottinghamshire Apr 30, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Can anyone tell me where Sherwood Forest is on VT (or in general) as I can't seem to find it.

Thanks a lot

4 Answers May 3, 2007 at 2:18 PM
    • stacey_simms's Profile Photo

planning a night out in nottingham

Nottingham Apr 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM

stacey_simms@vtmail.com

can anyone give me some information about the nightlife in nottingham i am planning a night out there on may 19th for mine and my mates bday and we are lookin for a wicked nite. are all the pubs and clubs in one main strip or are they scattered about?is the nightlife any good.

i would be grateful if anyone could email me with some more information and tell me of the best places to go and where they are please.

thank you

2 Answers May 13, 2007 at 5:57 AM
    • Pallag's Profile Photo

Transfer (Taxi) Cost East Midland Airport-A50 Westbound, East Midlands, Donington, Derby / Nottingha

Nottingham Mar 7, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Hi,

How much could be the taxi cost from East Midland Airport to A50 Westbound?
      (East Midlands, Donington, Derby / Nottingham)

Thank you,

Gabor

2 Answers Apr 27, 2007 at 4:29 AM
    • Pallag's Profile Photo

Budget B&B near East Midland Airport 14.03.

Nottingham Mar 1, 2007 at 3:03 AM

Hi,

Would you recomend a budget B&B for me near East Mindland Airport?

Thx,

Gabor

2 Answers Mar 2, 2007 at 3:10 PM