Nottingham

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transit Visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

This is in continuation to my earlier question answered by you. My airlines says that I need to check in the baggage again(though I will be having hand baggage only).
      So the facts are that
      1. I am Indian citizen having a valid canada visa
      2. will need to change terminals 2 to 4 for taking the connecting air canada flight. (Air india and air canada flight tickets booked on same ticket with a time gap of 3 hrs)
      3. Airlines say that I need to check in the baggage again (though I will be having hand baggage only).

So what do you suggest should I get the transit visa and which type

more
    • Brittany Ferry to St Malo, France/Loire Valley Chateaus

Portsmouth Jul 15, 2015 at 1:05 PM

would like to take ferry from Portsmouth to St. Malo - to see Mont St Michel and chateaus in Loire Valley. Going in October - 3 adults with suitcases, no cars. Arrival is on a Sunday - what is the best way to get around once we arrive in "Bretagne" (St. Malo)?
      thanks

more
    • Kew Explorer

Kew Gardens Jul 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Do we have to board the Kew Explorer at Victoria Gate? We will arrive at Elizabeth Gate and would like to board near there first.

more
    • Transit from Heathrow while flying from Dublin to Delhi

Heathrow Jul 3, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi, 

I want to travel from Dublin to Delhi by British Airways. I am an Indian passport holder currently in Ireland on Work Permit. I have Irish GNIB card. I need to Change terminal from T5 to T2 for connecting flight. Do I need transit visa in this case?

Thanks !!

Regards, Nitesh

more
    • Stay in terminal 3=going through security again??

Heathrow 20 hours ago

We have a short layover at Heathrow. We are arriving from the USA on British Airways in terminal 3 and departing for Prague from terminal 3 in an hour and 20 minutes on British Airways. Will we have to go through security again? If so, will we have enough time? We don't travel until November so we do have time to reschedule out flights if this is going to be a problem. (I have heard horror stories about Heathrow from many of my friends.)

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

buckingham palace tour

London Yesterday

I arrive at 11;30 am at heathrow terminal 2,   I plan on making a reservation for a 2 hour buckingham palace tour   in september  at 1515    3;15 PM    do I have enought time to take the train  to make the 315 pm tour  I want to be there no at least half an hour before the tour starts

more
    • Kings Cross underground picadilly line to National Rail to York

London Jul 31, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I will be coming from Heathrow via the tube on the Piccadilly line to Kings Cross and have booked tickets to travel to York on the East Coast National Rail. Can I ask is the tube line in the same location as the National Rail for this connection? I'm guessing the tube is underground and the rail above it? correct? or please give me detailed instructions on how to make this connection with luggage in tow.

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 7:28 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      I have a valid visa for canada. Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type? I aso have following queries: while changing the terminals in heathrow ie from terminal 2 to 4 will i be leaving the airport, will i be aiside or landside and will i be crossing uk border.

more
    • Early morning bus or train to Stansted?

London Jul 29, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I need a bus or train on early morning (4 am) to go on Stansted and take a flight on 6:30am from Great Dover Street or Waterloo Station.

How difficult can it be? I'm checking all coaches/bus sites and find nothing.

more
    • Meeting passengers transferring flights at Heathrow

Ascot Jul 31, 2015 at 2:28 AM

My daughter is flying in to Terminal 4 and then taking the Flight Connections free bus to Terminal 3 where her flight takes off 3 hours later. Am I right in assuming I will be able to meet her in Departures at T3 for a while before she then has to go back through security and flies back to the USA?

Thank you!

more
    • Harwich, England to Edinburgh, Scotland

Harwich Jul 23, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Any information on train that goes from Harwich to
      Cambridge to Peterborough to Edinburgh?

more
    • maryttbloomer's Profile Photo

Finchale Priory

England Jul 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM

i'm visiting Durham next month and have heard about this place
      how do we get from durham to it can i walk to it and is there any facilities there ie cafes bars restaurants

more
    • Astyanax's Profile Photo

Seating at The Globe

London Jul 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM

My wife and I enjoyed our tour last year of The Globe theatre and would like to return for a performance. As I recall the benches in the theatre were uncomfortable. The Shakespeare's Globe web site makes it appear that the only seating is on benches. My wife has a bad back and could not sit there for long. Are there any comfortable seats in the Globe?

more
    • Connection times

Heathrow Jul 31, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I arrive at Heathrow from Lisbon at 10:20 in the morning on TAP Portugal. Have a 1:00 PM flight on Delta from Heathrow to Los Angeles. Will this be enough connection time to get through Customs, Security, etc? Thanks for anyone's help!

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jul 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type?

more
    • Broadstairs to St Peters walk?

Broadstairs Jul 27, 2015 at 3:27 AM

Hi, I am visiting Broadstairs next week, and intend to alight the train at Ramsgate and walk the costal route to Broadstairs to try a few pubs. Is there a scenic route to the village of St Peters from Broadstairs to visit the Yard of Ale pub in St Peters, which recently won the local CAMRA pub of the year? BW, Nick

more
    • Lowest fares from London to Asia - Which months?

London Jul 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM

This question may have been asked hundreds of times before, but I want to know how to get the lowest priced air tickets to India, Sri Lana and other countries in that part of Asia.

more
    • Time to get thru customs

Heathrow Jul 20, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Does anyone know approximate time it takes to get through customs on a Sun. morning in August in Terminal 2?

more
    • 11 hour layover

Heathrow Jul 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Hi , i am traveling from ottawa canada to beirut . i arrive at T2 and my next flight is at T3 , my layover is around 11.5 hours and i wanted to know if i need to check out my bags and recheck them in for my next flight, and are there any lounges where i can sleep at ?

more
    • The Shard restaurants?

London Jul 23, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Going to London in December,planning to go to one of Shard´s restaurants.
      How would you recommend and which,depending on time of the year and day(to see sunset and town in lights),busy days(weekend)-all of that for best chance to get window sitting table.
      Or is it Another Tourist trap?

more
    • Travel to dartmoor

Dartmoor National Park Jul 12, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Excited for my first trip to Dartmoor. What is the best route from London to Bovey Tracey

more
    • StephanieW7's Profile Photo

Windsor, Bath and Cotswolds as 2 day trips??

London Jul 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Hello all! I have 2 days that I am trying to plan but I am lost on the how to's and if it can be done. Idealy on day one I would like to do Windsor and then go back to the hotel in london. Then on the second day train to bath see the roman baths, the jane austin centre and the circus (we have been to bath once before and are going with newbies - this is all the are interested in) then going out to the cotswolds to see Castle Combe and Bibury and that direction. We only want to see a few towns (2 or 3) before heading back to bath for dinner, then train back to London. I also thought that we could do windsor and cotswolds by rental car on day one. Stay the night someplace in that area and then on to bath the next day spending the day looking/shopping and heading back to london that night. What would be the best option?? I am uneasy about driving on the other side of the road so would option 2 not be a good idea or is it not a big deal? Thanks!! 

**UPDATE** I know this is a lot in the amount of time we have but we just want an overview

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendation for steak

London 13 hours ago

Will be living around King Cross underground. Would like to know if there is a restaurant for steak? No need to be very famous/expensive but just an ordinary dinner. How much is expected for a family dinner for two? Thanks.

more
    • Connection time between Terminals 3 and 5 at LHR.

London Jul 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM

I will be arriving at LHR's Terminal 5 at 1830 from Paris CDG (hopefully on time!). I then depart on QF2 at 2035 from Terminal 3. Is the 2 hours enough time to get to T3?

more
    • Brittany Ferry to Saint Malo, France

Southampton Jul 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Has anyone taken the Brittany Ferry from Southhampton to Saint Malo? Planning to take in early Oct to see Mont Saint Michel and also Loire Valley before heading into Paris. Three adults travelling with luggage and no car..

more
    • from london to nottingham

by gourpan Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Hi everyone!
      I want to visit Nottingham in December for my University graduation ceremony. I will travel from Dusseldorf and I would like to ask for the most efficient way to reach Nottingham. I suppose I have to fly to London and then....?
      Please guide me...!
      Thanks

17 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Anyone remember Choy's chinese restaurant (40 years ago)?

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Had a reunion in Nottingham with 4 others - we began our postgrad studies together at the University 41 years ago! None of them remembered us going to Choy's Chinese restaurant somewhere in the town centre. I learnt to use chopsticks there! Did I imagine it? Hope someone can help! Steve

3 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    • East Midlands airport to Rome or Paris

by LoveItAll Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I would like to fly budget airline from Nottingham to either these two cities. Rome or Paris from mid December 2010 for a week. What airlines fly there?

4 Answers Oct 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    • PaulMcGann's Profile Photo

Beeches Hotel

by PaulMcGann Online Now May 19, 2009 at 9:02 AM

We're staying in the Beeches Hotel for the Cricket in a couple of weeks time. Is it OK? When we're not at the cricket is there anything interesting to see ? Any nice restaurants? Not toooo dear!! Thanks

2 Answers May 19, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    • Interesting Clubs

by kavindra_r Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM

Hi

I'm going to be in Nottingham till the end of the month. Are there any good night clubs to go out to? I was thinking of Gatecrasher. Has anyone been there/recomend it?

Thanks in advance...

• MelSA14's Profile Photo

Barge Cruise- Trent & Mersey Canal

by MelSA14 Online Now Jun 3, 2008 at 5:16 AM

Good Day

We are going on a Barge cruise from the 1st-8th October, departure point will be Sawley Marina in Long Eaton.

I would just like to know a few things:
      * What is the weather like at this time of year?
      * We will be arriving in Nottingham on the 30th to start the barge the next day so we would need to sleep over 1 night, would you recommend we spend one night in Nottingham or Long Eaton, is it easy enough to get from Nottingham to Long Eaton and what is the cost roughly?

That's about it. Hope someone could be of assistance.

Thank You,
      Melissa

11 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 4:40 AM
    • To Hull

by Blacksta Online Now May 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Using public transport, can I get to Hull and back in the one day?
      I have checked some timetables but it doesn't look too promising.

2 Answers May 25, 2008 at 11:33 PM
    • SergioT123's Profile Photo

Nottingham and english pubs: gay v straight -Is it ok?

by SergioT123 Online Now Apr 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Greetings All,
      I am going to be in Nottingham on business. My co worker in nottingham said it was customary to go to a nightclub that was gay. However, my fellow portugese friends may feel a little bit strange going to bar that is for gay folks. My question is, is it really customary , common and accepted for straight men and women to to go a club that is designated for gays? if so, then great, its a custom and no issues. If not, then i probably wouldnt recommend it. We want to experience the true english experience, but i dont want to be out of place.
      Cheers!
      serge

12 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 4:35 AM
    • stevee's Profile Photo

Nottingham for 1 Day

by stevee Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 10:27 AM

I will be arriving in Nottingham on a Thursday for a brief visit to the Nottingham City Hospital. Looking for some ideas on sightseeing and pubs to visit. I will be arriving by train, staying at the "Park Inn", and will not have access to a car.

Ideas?????

8 Answers Mar 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Pre-Theatre Eating

by hawkhead Online Now Mar 2, 2008 at 7:59 AM

Has anyone eaten at the restaurant at the Royal Concert Hall and if so, what is it like?
      Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to eat before the theatre?

2 Answers Mar 3, 2008 at 12:25 AM
    • Traditional Live Irish Music

by SisterOfMercy Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 4:01 AM

Hiya
      Was hoping someone could direct me to some live Irish music. Currently travel to the Dog and Partridge in Sheffield. Anything similar closer to home?
      Thanks
      Sharon

• Late Night Shopping

by tashcox84 Online Now Nov 20, 2007 at 12:55 PM

What time does the Late Night Shopping finish on Wednesdays?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2007 at 1:11 PM
    • baron1970's Profile Photo

Two more questions

by baron1970 Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 12:01 PM

After posting my question, I found out the following places for my daughter. Which one do you think is more fun for our daughter and how do we get there?
      Finally how do we get to McArthurGlen Designer Outlet, Mansfield from our hotel? Thanks and promise no more questions till tomorrow :)

2 Answers Oct 26, 2007 at 2:23 AM
    • baron1970's Profile Photo

Please help me!

by baron1970 Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 11:14 AM

* We will be staying at Village Hotel & Leisure Club Nottingham and considering that we will be arriving in Nottingham by train from Edinburgh which train station should we take off?
      * Is there a night train to save us from one night hotel cost from Edinburgh to Nottingham?
      * Any interesting places for our 4.5 years old daughter to see in Nottingham? (like a zoo or something about Robin Hood, Disney etc.?)
      * Any outlet shopping near Nottingham?
      * Which club or restaurant would you recommend for our two nights at Nottingham again considering our daughter?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Oct 23, 2007 at 1:06 PM
    • Cheap short stay in Nottingham

by elemy Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Does anyone know of any cheap short stay (one week) accomodation in Nottingham City Centre?

2 Answers Oct 17, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    • Nottingham to London and back

by ashwin_k82 Online Now Oct 6, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Hi,
      I am new to UK, I want to visit london on 13 and 14 Oct 2007. I have few queries.
      1. What is the cheapest way to get there> {We are 2 ppl travelling}
      2. What are the best places to visit there and best possible transport.
      I would be staying in companys guest house in Twickenham TW2 6JL

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 4:56 AM
    • WHERE???

by jon64 Online Now Sep 12, 2007 at 3:12 PM

All:

I'm travelling to Notts with my GF (gorgeous!!) from Switzerland on 19&20. Can anybody recommend a smooth place to hang out?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2007 at 11:45 PM
    • Travel from Nottingham to London

by Starlingsg Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM

Hi

I will be staying in innkeeper's lodge during my trip to nottingham. Can anyone advise what's the best way to travel to london (paddington station area)& what's the cost & time of journey.
      Thanks

7 Answers Aug 30, 2007 at 10:15 AM
    • Park Plaza Hotel, Nottingham

by LauriShima Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Does this hotel charge for 800 number calls, for international calling card calls, for local calls, or for internet access? If so, how much? If you don't bring a lap top, is there a computer available for internet access and at what cost? Thanks

1 Answer Aug 23, 2007 at 11:12 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Pub meal for 15 people

by doofus Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 3:38 AM

Hi,
      I am trying to organise an afternoon meal/buffet for 15 family members for a Saturday afternoon in Nottingham. Preferably centre or not far from it.
      I like the idea of a pub sort of setting. Does anyone have any ideas of pubs etc that could accomodate us and, of course, with good food and beer and pleasant surroundings.

In the evening we would like to find a place close to Park Plaza Hotel that may put on a sort of 'finger buffet' for the group.

I would appreciate any help at all -- looking for a saturday in late september.

regards, pete

5 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 12:25 AM
    • Hotels nearest to University of Nottingham

by Starlingsg Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Hi,

Appreciate recommendation from anyone for good and inexpensive
      hotels nearest to University of Nottingham, preferably walking
      distances away.

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 17, 2007 at 5:24 AM
    • Help needed for a stag night

by Coops2886 Online Now Jul 13, 2007 at 8:48 AM

My friend is having his stag night in Nottingham, we enjoy fun and booze and are wearing fancy dress, we would like to organize a stripper for him, can anyone suggest a venue who would not object.
      Many Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 22, 2007 at 8:05 AM
    • stacey_simms's Profile Photo

planning a night out in nottingham

by stacey_simms Online Now Apr 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM

stacey_simms@vtmail.com

can anyone give me some information about the nightlife in nottingham i am planning a night out there on may 19th for mine and my mates bday and we are lookin for a wicked nite. are all the pubs and clubs in one main strip or are they scattered about?is the nightlife any good.

i would be grateful if anyone could email me with some more information and tell me of the best places to go and where they are please.

thank you

2 Answers May 13, 2007 at 5:57 AM
    • Pallag's Profile Photo

Transfer (Taxi) Cost East Midland Airport-A50 Westbound, East Midlands, Donington, Derby / Nottingha

by Pallag Online Now Mar 7, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Hi,

How much could be the taxi cost from East Midland Airport to A50 Westbound?
      (East Midlands, Donington, Derby / Nottingham)

Thank you,

Gabor

2 Answers Apr 27, 2007 at 4:29 AM
    • Pallag's Profile Photo

Budget B&B near East Midland Airport 14.03.

by Pallag Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 3:03 AM

Hi,

Would you recomend a budget B&B for me near East Mindland Airport?

Thx,

Gabor

2 Answers Mar 2, 2007 at 3:10 PM
    • stag weekend in nottingham

by jagman123 Online Now Feb 22, 2007 at 12:30 PM

ive gotta sort out my mates stag weekend and hve suggested nottingham. hes not to sure. please convince him on here for me !!!!

cheers !!!

4 Answers Aug 22, 2007 at 8:15 AM
    • bus &trains

by johnpaulc Online Now Feb 19, 2007 at 5:50 AM

have you time tables for train&bus ,to and from Coventry.
      john.....thanks !

2 Answers Feb 21, 2007 at 8:55 AM
    • Hotel closest to main city/nightlife?

by pastysupper Online Now Feb 2, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Hi again

Just wondering, we are staying in Nottingham for a weekend next month. We are about to book our hotel but cannot decide between premier travel inn on london road or goldsmith st?

thanks in advance

2 Answers Mar 11, 2007 at 7:36 AM
    • Pubs/clubs

by pastysupper Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Hey
      Going to Nottingham for a weekend in March. Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for pubs/clubs. Don't mind studenty type places or young professional. Just not chavvy!! Clubs packed full of great looking women will be given priority!!!

2 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    • Applying to Nottingham Trent (but dont know what its like) your advice much appreciated...

by frankthetank Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 2:48 AM

Hi, ive lived in the Cambridge area all my life, but moved out to Malaysia 2 years ago and am now applying to Nottingham Trent University for 2007 (but cant visit it as im living abroad). Im really tempted to put it as my first choice but i havent actually been there myself (my brother tells me its a lively party city) and its nicknamed 'tottingham' apparantly, so all in all it sounds a quality place to live. Can anyone give any advice on the Uni itself? or what its actually like to live in Nottingham? Im an 18 year old bloke whos looking to have a good time at uni, and like to party. thanks for any help in advance.

3 Answers Jan 13, 2007 at 4:06 AM