Notodden

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Road conditions (traffic and ice) in March

Lofoten Jul 20, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Just wondering if someone can provide advice about the road conditions that could be expected in late March. I drive on the left hand side of the road at home so feel a little uncertain about driving in Lofoten Islands. I would also be keen to have an understanding about how busy the roads are likely to be at that time of the year.

Many thanks.

more
    • Transport from Olden Port to Briksdal Glacier. We are arriving on the 9th September 2014/

Olden Jul 19, 2014 at 9:18 AM

We will be in port from 8 am to 3pm and would like to go and see Briksdal Glacier. Have arranged a party of 12 adults and are looking to arrange transport to and from Glacier.
      I know that we have to walk to the Glacier and that it is about 40 - 45 minutes each way.
      Can you recommend transport options for us as I understand that the local bus does not run in September
      Thank you
      Elaine

more
    • 5 days around haugesund

Haugesund Jul 19, 2014 at 6:23 AM

What are the best places to go during my 5 days around haugesund? I will be staying in Haugesund

more
    • from haugesund to pulpit rock

Haugesund Jul 19, 2014 at 4:20 AM

What is the cheapest way to travel from haugesund to see the pulpit rock? Can you use the 3 day Kolombus card?

more
    • Horseback riding near Trondheim

Norway Jul 11, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Hello!
      Me and my husband are going to be in Trondheim for about 4 days at the end of August.
      I just spent the last 8 hrs researching horseback riding trips in the area.
      Most I found were for 6-8 days, but I'm looking for 2-3 days or even a day trip in the mountains and lakes. It's been an extremely frustrating 8 hrs as I am sure there are ranches and farms in the 2-3 hr drive vicinity that offer horseback riding with a scenic view. I'm not looking for a family farm necessarily because we are both pretty experienced riders.

If anyone knows of a good farm/ranch/riding lodge... Please help!

more
    • SFHANK's Profile Photo

Restaurants....in Honningsvag

Honningsvåg Jun 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Hello - I'll be spending the night in Honningsvag early next month. I would appreciate the name of what is considered the best restaurant. Is it the Corner Cafe ?, or are their others that are more impressive. I'm seeking some of the delicious local fish!

Thank you,

Hank - Scottsdale, AZ

more
    • transportation Svolvaer to Kabelvag

Svolvær Jul 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM

How would we get from the high speed ferry port in Svolvaer (arrival at 21:00) to Kabelvag lodging? Do we need a rental car, or is there transportation at night?

more
    • Getting to/from Airport to City Center in Bergen?

Norway Jul 1, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Coming in around 1100 on a Sunday and staying in the main part of the city of Bergen. Best and/or cheapest (not necessarily the same) way to get between the two for 2 with carry-on luggage?
      Leaving around 1100 (flight time) from Bergen on a Friday. Same questions......
      Thanks!

more
    • Jammerman's Profile Photo

Bus transport to Alesund from Sognefjord?

Balestrand Jun 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Planning well ahead (1 year) for early June 2015 trip to Norway. Working North thru Fjords.
      Can someone tell me if there is a bus transport to Alesund from any of the locations in the Sognefjord , either Sogndal, Balestrand, Fjaerland, or other location
      Thanks

more
    • driving in the finnmark

Lofoten Jul 17, 2014 at 12:36 AM

what is the best route from bodo to kirkenes

more
    • stoping at vinstra

Vinstra Jul 16, 2014 at 2:48 AM

what is there to do or see

more
    • Flam to Voss

Flåm Jul 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM

What are the public transport options from Flam to Voss
      ?

more
    • inde7's Profile Photo

Stavanger to Oslo in 8 Nights. What do you think?

Norway Jul 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Hi all,

I know that there are many posts like this one, but I am not confident about the plan for my holidays... I do not know if it is too ambitious, so I'd like to know your opinion about it.

At mid-august (14th) my girlfriend and I are visiting Norway. Our flight lands in Stavanger and our flight home takes off from Oslo. We are way more interested in nature and stunning views than in cities (despite we'd also like to visit some small towns). We are spending 9 days/8 nights in Norway and we'll be moving by car.

Obviously the following plan will depend on the weather and on our mood, but it’s our starting point.

Day 1: Arrival at Stavanger (noon). We’ll rent the car and visit Stavanger.

Day 2: From Stavanger to Odda. At morning we plan to visit the preikestolen and then head to odda.

Day 3: Odda to Bergen. If the weather is Ok, we plan to do the Trollstunga walk and then drive to Bergen. We know it will be a bit tiring, but we can handle that.

Day 4: Bergen to sogndal. Visit Bergen’s old town, and then drive to sogndal.

Day 5: Sogndal to Olden/Styr. We’ll spend the day visiting sognefjorden / Jostedal

Day 6: Olden/Styr to Lom. Maybe geirangerfjorden, jostedal or a bit of Jotunheimen

Day 7: Lom to Lillehammer. We’ll spend the day at jotunheimen to then, late afternoon, head to Lillehammer (we don’t have much interest in that city, but it looks like a good place to overnight).

Day 8: Lillehammer to Oslo. Maybe we’ll spend some time visiting something of Lillehammer, but the goal is to head to Oslo, to have some time to visit the city.

Day 9: Oslo. Our flight leaves at 20.00 so we’ll have time to visit the city’s musts.

I’d like to comment that I’ve already been in Oslo a few, but my girlfriend has not. Despite it is a pity we won’t have enough time to visit all the sights (Munch museum, opera, Vvigelan’s park, the castle, etc.), I think that the Natural wonders of Norway worth such lose.

So, what do you think? Is it realistic? Anything important missing in the plan? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

Cheers

more
    • JenniferH42's Profile Photo

Travel from Sandefjord to Tonsberg

Sandefjord Jul 6, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi All does anyone know what the travel options are from Sandefjord to Tonsberg? Bus? Train? How long? and How much? Thank You :)

more
    • Any one knows where to buy 55 shot glasses with a Nord Kap mark on?

Nordkapp Jul 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Can someone help me find out where to buy 55 shot glasses with a Nord Kap mark on?
      Thank you in advance!
      Johanna
      Wedding in Sweden

more
    • SabrinaFair's Profile Photo

Good towns in central Norway

Norway Jul 4, 2014 at 7:29 AM

We will be traveling from Oslo to Near Bergen. Any good stops along the way for overnight to break up our drive?

more
    • Supermarkets in Stavanger

Stavanger Jun 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Hello to everyone, I am trying to locate some large supermarkets in Stavanger. Could you help me?

more
    • Is this trip possible

Flåm Yesterday

We want to go from Flam to Myrdal and then on to Voss by train and can we get a bus back to Flam. We are on a cruise and have one day

more
    • OSLO TO BERGEN VIA FLAM

Oslo Jul 17, 2014 at 1:50 AM

i want to travel to bergen via flam with overnight stay in flam. Which is the best way to do this.
      Regards
      subhash Vaid

more
    • TRAVEL TIPS

Lom Jul 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

WE ARE TRAVELLING BY CAR FROM GEIRANGER TO LILLEHAMMER AND WOULD LIKE TO GET TIPS, WHERE TO STOP AND WHAT IS THERE TO SEE

more
    • Driving from Tromso to Lofoten in October

Tromsø Jul 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Hi all I am planning a trip to Tromso and Lofoten between October 24th and October 30th and I will be driving from Tromso to Lofoten Islands and back what are the road conditions like at this time of year and how long do you think this drive will take? Any help is greatly appreciated
      Paul Donaldson

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Oslo city tour

Oslo Jul 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Apologise for repeating this..can't see my post..maybe I deleted it..
      The hop on hop off bus, has vey bad reviews due to inaccurate location for sights and lack of buses..anyone know another company that does a city( land only tour)

more
    • is is easy to ger a ferry to take us to geiranger

Hellesylt Jul 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM

we are arriving on the 7th of august with msc ship at hellesylt port. Is is easy to get a ferry to geiranger or is better to buy the tour from the ship. If we do that wil l cost us a lot of money since we are a family of 4. and two other freinds

more
    • SabrinaFair's Profile Photo

Any tourist towns between Aurland and Oslo?

Norway Jul 6, 2014 at 10:18 PM

I want a break from the country to visit a few towns that are not as expensive as Olo, yet have shopping! Any ideas? We will be going from Aurland to Oslo and I don't mind detours.

more
    • clothes to wear in haugesund

Haugesund Jul 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM

What should I wear in haugesund from july to september (male clothes)

more