change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lomi's Profile Photo
    • fantasy island market

Skegness Sep 8, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Does the market still open, if the rides are closed. Looking at visiting 12th october 2015, rides are closed is the market open please?

• Flying from Dublin to London Heathrow terminal 2

Heathrow Sep 23, 2015 at 5:38 AM

My sister and I are both Canadians and are flying from Dublin to London Heathrow Terminal 2. My sister has a work visa that needs to be activated in the UK but we are hearing conflicting answers regarding going through Passport control when arriving in Terminal 2. Does anyone know how it works?

• Transit visa for UK

Heathrow Sep 15, 2015 at 10:20 AM

I am an Indian citizen currently working in Ireland ( Employment D type visa). I am planning to travel from Dublin to Delhi via London Heathrow airport. My flight from Dublin to London Heathrow will arrive on Terminal 2 and my flight from London Heathrow to Delhi will be on Terminal 3. Do I need to take a transit visa in this case?

• Clacton Zoo

Clacton-on-Sea Sep 15, 2015 at 5:33 AM

Is Clacton zoo worth a visit for two adults snd no children?

• Good Areas

Newcastle upon Tyne Sep 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM

I from mexico city and I will study in newcastle university . I am looking for a studio to live but i dont know if there are on a good and secure area.
      Can you help me ?
      1) Coquet Street Tyne And Wear NE1 2QE
      2)Newcastle1, Blandford Square, NE1 4HZ

• prishan's Profile Photo

London Gatwick north Terminal to London Victoria

London Sep 24, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Hi I am here again,because last minutes some changes in my travel, After my arrival in norh terminal in gatwick .how i can go to london victoria if i want to use gatwick express? my understaning is that I have to get the free shuttle

from the north terminal which one will take me to the south terminal of gatwick. then i need to buy a ticket for gatwick express,this one will take me to victoria, correct me if I'm wrong, Is there any one who can give me step by step advice, This is my first time travel alone, I never travel alone anywhere, I am going to meet my childhood friend after 30 years !

I am excited but I have fear to travel alone.

I have never used 'self service ticket machine'! if there is a ticket counter then i can buy the ticket from them, can any one tell me gatwick to victoria what zone is it ? what type of ticket i should ask for ? I have phobia of travelling alone.. but this is the time I have to do it alone! it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me to plan my route. thanks in advance

kind regards

• mariana67's Profile Photo

Taxi rates

Banbury Sep 9, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Can somebody tell me what are taxi rates in Banbury. Also any recomendations for a reliable taxi company, please. I need a taxi ride for 4 days in town. Thanks!

• Caffrey's Irish Ale

London Sep 27, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Where do they serve Caffrey's in downtown London?

• Stansted airport to Central London

London Sep 21, 2015 at 6:39 AM

Hello, my hotel is located near Lambeth North (Bakerloo Line)
      so if I take the train from stansted airport, which stop should I get off? Thanks in advanced

• can i see visitors in airports during their transit

Heathrow Sep 19, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Hi ,
      My niece is travelling from India to new castle via Heathrow,she does have 3 hours transit time in Heathrow.Can i see her during that period,

• luggage customs

Heathrow Sep 17, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hello, flying from brussels to newcastle via heathrow, can our luggage go all the way through to newcastle or do we have to pick it up at heathrow, go through customs and then check them again?

• annahill's Profile Photo

Stonehenge and Bath

London 7 hours ago

I would like to know the easiest way to visit Stonehenge and Bath from London. There are several tours, but they are above my budget. I am staying at Times Square/Hooper Street. How hard would it be to take the train or a bus from my apartment to Stonehenge and Bath. Is it a long walking distance from the train or bus station to Stonehenge or is there public transport to the sight? I am assuming the train or bus stops near the main sights in Bath. We would be visiting on a Friday morning. Thank you for your help.

• beamer4fun's Profile Photo

Wembley stadium camera restriction

London Sep 20, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Greetings fellow VTrs, what type of cameras\lenses are allowed into sporting events at Wembley stadium? I'm attending the KC vs Lions game in November seated in the 500 section and will need a zoom lens on my SLR camera. Are cameras\lenses restricted by length or type? Are small backpacks allowed? I've contacted Wembley for info and haven't heard back in a week. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• beamer4fun's Profile Photo

Wembly stadium

London Sep 20, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Greetings, I'm attending a NFL football game in Nov at Wembley stadium and curious what is the best way to get to the stadium from the Paddington area? Taxi or train?

• ZenLady34's Profile Photo

self-guided walk routes with offine map

London Sep 11, 2015 at 8:25 AM

A few years back I was in London and had downloaded to my mobile an application which had several self-guided walk routes. The maps and info were downloaded on my mobile and the app used GPS to show where I was located, Points of interest with information on them and where I should be heading.

My friend is going to London on Sunday and I advised her to download the offline maps and routes in beforehand but now I can't find them anywhere!! Does anyone know which app I'm talking about, it should be an android app..? Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

• Want to ask kilometers from london airport to parklane street

London Sep 29, 2015 at 3:14 AM

I just want to ask how much time a cab will take to reach me at my desired place from Heathrow airport to parklane street? i also want to know how much distance i will cover? as i have to attend an important meeting there. Also tell me about the reviews of their clients.
      This is the link of that site:
      I'll be waiting for your reply. Thanks

• mahalheart's Profile Photo

best way to route my visits

London Sep 10, 2015 at 10:56 PM

I will be in London for 3days, arriving at 1:45 pm thursday and departing on Sunday at 1230 pm Im plannng to visit, the tower of London, London eye, westminster abbey, St Pauls cathedral and windsor castle, my hotel is located in the Paddington area about 15 walk to the tube,,, whats the best way to route this, ? thanks for the suggestions/advice in advance.

• time at LHR

London Sep 28, 2015 at 1:10 PM

How much time should we allow when we return to LHR terminal 5 to get back through security and to departures lounge?

• worksopian's Profile Photo

Late arrival for flight at T4

Heathrow Sep 13, 2015 at 4:37 AM

I will be arriving at Heathrow 4 only having 2hrs 30 mins before my departure time at 11.15 am to Vietnam.(If my trains are on time)

Am i cutting it fine?

• Walking in Cambridge at late hours

Cambridge Sep 30, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Hi, I would like to know if its ok to walk home at about 11:30pm after work. I'll work in my college and the apartment is 5-6 minutes away, but I still worried. The apartment is on Victoria Road. I think the area is well lit, but I haven't been there at 11pm, so I don't know if its safe.

• Tube to gate

Heathrow Sep 25, 2015 at 2:19 PM

I'm trying to work out the minimum time (I walk very fast!) needed to get from the terminal 1-3 Tube platform to security or even gates.

Thank you!

• Transit Visa or not?

Heathrow Sep 14, 2015 at 2:27 AM

I will be traveling with my family in December 2015 from Johannesburg, South Africa to New York via Heathrow. We will arrive at Terminal 5 and depart from Terminal 3 about 3 hours later. We are all traveling on South African passports with Visas for the United States. Will we require Transit Visas?

• paddington28's Profile Photo

tube to heathrow September 27th

London Sep 9, 2015 at 1:06 AM

I'm flying out for terminal 4 heathrow,i have thought about catching the national express to heathrow from Bristol,but it is damn expensive now (left it to late)
      So my other option was to catch the megabus to victoria bus station (Bristol 4 am,London 6ish)
      Am i correct in thinking,the last time a came to london i seen Heathrow on the tube map,flight is at 2.15,so plenty of time,and will only be carrying 1 backpack,so Luggage isn't a problem!!
      Benjy aka (Paddington28)

• Customs for non eu travelling with eu

Stansted Sep 17, 2015 at 12:28 PM

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Salzberg, he is from England but I am a New Zealander so not on an eu passport. Because I am travelling with him and we booked our tickets together, am I allowed to go through border control with him or do I have to go in the visitors line?
      Thank you :)

• where to go for

by lyndaclarke Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM

good food with live music in norwich city center for age 40 plus?

2 Answers May 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • emahsieh's Profile Photo

How can I go to Norwich from Bath?

by emahsieh Online Now May 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I plan to visit London on June 18. And then I will visit Bath on June 23. From Bath I would like to visit Norwich on July 1. Finally on July I plan to leave Norwich directly to Heathrow Airport in London. What kind of mas transportation I can take for the journey?

4 Answers May 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Help with Good Locations to Live

by Nishk87 Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi VTers,

I'm moving to Norwich next year but I don't know what areas are good to live in. I'll need to be near the university or near the bus routes which can take me to the uni easily.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Hostels or Cheap Hotels for One Night

by Nishk87 Online Now Jun 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Hi VTers,

Can anyone recommend a cheap hostel or hostel in Norwich please? The searches on google and are proving to be a futile and I was wondering if anyone had some great local knowledge on a place I could stay overnight.

2 Answers Jun 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    • Uvex's Profile Photo

by Uvex Online Now May 11, 2010 at 9:06 PM

My friend and I will visit a friend in Norwich in July 2010.
      Does anyone know if there are any reasonably-priced B&B or Hostel for one night stay?
      I hope there will be private bathroom for either the B&B or hostel, and hope it can be in the city area.

Thank you for your help.

9 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    • kanjon's Profile Photo

Norwich to Sheringham?

by kanjon Online Now Feb 26, 2010 at 3:51 AM

I am visiting Norfolk to do research for my studies. I need to go from Norwich to Sheringham and from Norwich to Attleborough and would, due to time-pressure like to know which way/means would be the fastest to go? Can anybody help me, please? I have browsed the major search engines, but have not really got a grip of it. I will make these journeys during week-days, preferrably early in the mornings.

Also, is there any way to lower the fares on the train from Stansted to Norwich and from Norwich to Harpenden (week-days) by ordering tickets beforehand etc.?

I am happt for any help with this.

Thank you,

14 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    • anitpotter's Profile Photo

local VT meet

by anitpotter Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM

im new here but have found this site really valuable in the last few days as ive been struggling with travel plans. im now off for 2 weeks but wonder whethre there have been any local norwich meets or whether anyone would be interested in coming along to one? i was thinking just a midweek meet in a pub or something?

6 Answers Feb 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Boat Cruise in Norwich by City Boats - when to be at the Quay?

by christine.j Online Now Aug 10, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I would like to take the sightseeing boat through Norwich by City Boats. It's scheduled to depart from Elm Hill Quay at 11:15 am.There's a train which arrives in Norwich at 10:30.
      How long does it take to walk from the train station to Elm Hill Quay? It doesn't look very far on the map, but I don't know how early I would have to be at the quay.
      Departure and arival times are subject to the tide, it says on the website.
      Has anyone done a cruise with them? Did the boat leave earlier than scheduled?

7 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    • boating norfolk broads

by mhk26 Online Now Jul 31, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I would like to know if there is anywhere I can hire a small boat for a long weekend in september for 2 adults.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • Soulful house clubs in Norwich

by haon Online Now Sep 21, 2007 at 2:48 AM

I am having to stay in Norwich this evening and I would like to know an upmarket restaurant and good club to go to preferably with mixed crowd. Many Thanks Haon.

1 Answer Apr 3, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    • funnyl's Profile Photo

City Centre Accommodation

by funnyl Online Now Sep 16, 2005 at 5:35 AM

Hello, does anyone know of reasonably priced double accommodation in the City, close to the Cathedral please? Around 40-50£...most b&b's are full for the date I'd like. Thankyou.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    • magdaha's Profile Photo

People from Norwich

by magdaha Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 2:09 AM

I'm looking for somebody from Norwich. I've just moved around so I would like to know something about interesting places etc

1 Answer Aug 21, 2007 at 6:23 AM
    • Delwin's Profile Photo

Where to go for a day?

by Delwin Online Now Jul 23, 2004 at 11:43 AM

Hi, I'm in Norwich for the James Taylor concert Saturday at Blickling hall. Any recommendations for must see places in Norwich? If I park at the hall will I spend hours getting out? If so is there an alternative? Thanks D

2 Answers Nov 21, 2004 at 8:13 AM