Norwich Travel Answers

change location
Nishk87's Profile Photo

Help with Good Locations to Live

by Nishk87 Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi VTers,

I'm moving to Norwich next year but I don't know what areas are good to live in. I'll need to be near the university or near the bus routes which can take me to the uni easily.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • randomicity's Profile Photo

Re: Help with Good Locations to Live

by randomicity Online Now Jun 17, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hiya,

Are you looking to rent or buy a property?

If you are looking to rent then there are several areas around the university which are pretty nice to live in. I would say that some areas are very student-focused (eg: noisy at night) like parts of Dereham Road, and anywhere within the 'Golden Triangle' which is the section of the city between Unthank and Earlham Road.

If you have a bit of budget for your renting, Eaton and Cringleford are extremely nice areas to live, very quiet and pleasant. However it all depends on your preferences. I assume you mean UEA and not NUA?

NUA would be a different story, however the main thing I would say is steer clear of Alysham Road and any part of the Mile Cross area of the city as these are mainly council properties, and it's not got the best reputation.

Hope all that info helps,

Robin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Help with Good Locations to Live

by ranger49 Online Now Jun 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Sorry randomicity - did you not notice that the question you have answered was posted in July 2012 and the Poster has not been back to VT since Jan. 2013. Probably graduated by now.

P.S. Have you considered that a  VT member or their relatives and friends may live in Mile Cross and could be very offended by your statement -  about which you seem to have reached a conclusion since posting you own question about Mile Cross earlier today.?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines