Norway

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accommodation in Vadso

Norway Nov 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Guest House & Hotel or rent a apartment for 4.

2 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM
    • From Ålesund to geiranger in october

Geiranger Oct 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi! I would like to go to Geiranger from Alesund this weekend but I don't find any bus or boat to go there, can you help me :) thank you

3 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    • Oslo Pass - Validity

Oslo Oct 22, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I read somewhere that the Oslo Pass is no longer valid on the ferry service that serves the Viking Ship museum island. Can anyone confirm this?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Northern Lights in Narvik

Narvik Oct 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times, but I can't find the answers in the forum, so apologies if it has been answered before.

What is the best time and the best place to see the Northern Lights in Europe during winter?

I have seen Narvik suggested, but other people suggest Kiruna in Sweden because it is further inland and therefore more likely to get clear conditions rather than cloudy coastal weather. Or maybe Narvik doesn't get cloudy in the middle of winter?

And are there any statistics for the northern lights, similar to statistics for weather, like 20% chance of seeing the them during January nights, etc?

And what is the best month of year to go?

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

4 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Train from Trofos to Trondheim, staying overnight in Trondheim, then to Geiranger is this doable?

Norway Oct 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM

We want to travel from Trofos to Trondheim by train staying overnight in Trondheim, then to Dombås and our question, is there public transportation Dombås to Geiranger? Or is there a better city to use to get to Geiranger? I have looked at the Norwegian train schedule (/www.nsb.no/en/?gclid=CKjNzrenucECFa1aMgod8SwA6A) and the first part to Dombås seems fine. All comments and input are greatly appreciated! Note, I am an experienced traveler though, have never been to Norway before and know very little about this vast Country.

3 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    • Norway during october and november

Norway Oct 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Hi!

I'm thinking about going to Norway next week, november 23 and spent about 12 or 14 days there. There are two things that I would love to see: Fjords and the northern lights.

So, probably I'm going to arrive in Oslo and will stay there for 2 nights. I thought about going to Bergen by train and stay there for 2 or 3 nights, then back to Oslo to take a flight to Tromso and stay there for about 3 or 4 nights (i know that we need time and luck to see the northern lights). I have also 3 more nights that I could go, maybe, to Stockholm or try something at the north of Norway.

Is this a nice trip to take in around these days? I really want some "nature travel" and I really enjoy a cold weather. I'm a young lonely traveller, so I can take almost any kind of trip.

What you guys think about it?

Thanks!
      Renan

8 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 5:41 AM
    • Uttakleivveien

Haukland Oct 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM

UttakleivveienHow to get on the road that goes Uttakleivveien bypass tunnel? It is possible to drive around barriers on both sides?

1 Answer Oct 15, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • RAVANFLOKE

Haugesund Sep 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hello, I like to go to Ravanfloke /Nedstrand from haugesund by bus. Is there any buses or other kind of transport to go there. I love to there on W/ends.

Thanks,

Francesca

3 Answers Sep 5, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    • Thestumps's Profile Photo

Food in Norway?

Oslo Sep 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM

What is typical food for Norwegians?

17 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • SanjaP's Profile Photo

acomodation in Kirkenes

Kirkenes Aug 31, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I will come to Kirkenes at October 3 rd and will stay till October 12.......need some not bad but not to expencive place to stay...any help?

4 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

By train/public transport Tromso to Geiranger in two days visiting in Trofors by Hattfjelldal?

Norway Aug 30, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Besides enjoying the beauty and culture of Norway, I am hoping to make a visit to where my gg grandfather Bendigt Mathias Johansen was born in 1846. And am looking to fit it into a cruise that stops in Tromso and in two days later in Geiranger. I would like, in those two days travel and stop and visit in Trofors and possibly by taxi or bus to Hattfjelldal, Nordland where he was born for a visit? I have looked on the internet and realize that Norway is a vast country and further I was not able to determine if this is possible. Thus I am looking to VT, ers knowledgeable input. All and any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, as this will be my first time in Norway. I think fitting this first visit into a cruise is possibly the best.

4 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    • bus/train from TORP

Oslo Aug 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Can anybody advice on getting from TORP airport to Oslo center?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • about the bus number.

Kongsberg Aug 29, 2014 at 3:56 AM

What bus number going to Kongsberg to islo?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • Norway in a Nutshell Bergen to Oslo direction

Flåm Aug 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I would like to do Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen to Oslo, but in all of the tours I see the Oslo to Bergen direction only. Can I do Bergen-Voss-Gudvagen-Flam-Myrdar-Oslo? My plan is to travel in April/May 2015.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 2:35 AM
    • Hiking for three days in late September, in Kjerag-Preikestolen area

Rogaland Aug 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planing to travel to the Lysefjord region in late September this year, and would like to visit the main two attractions (as I understand) of the region - Kjerag and Preikestolen. I hike a lot and like just to camp outside.
      Unfortunately I can not find enough information on line about the area for a "less civilized" tourism :)

The questions that concern me most are:
      1. Is it allowed to camp in a non camping designated area in Norway? If so, are there recommended sites for camping? (preferably natural sites)

2. Considering that I can not cover the distance between Preikestolen and Kjerag in three days by foot. What is the best way to get from one site to another?

3. How cold and how wet is the weather in the area in the last week of September? (for spending two nights outdoors)

Thanks in advance for the answers!

7 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • nice places

Norway Aug 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM

hello everone,

I would like to go to Norway next holiday and I've searched a bit on the internet for some great places. But I thought just ask ik right here. So my queastion is, do some of you guys know some great places in Norway which aren't very touristic. I don't like that (very busy and expensive). However thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

greetz Jesse

7 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Driving Oslo to Flam to Bergen / Volcano in Iceland

Norway Aug 26, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I have asked few questions earlier regarding my trip and thanks for those who posted the answers. I have few additional questions. Google maps give 4 1/2 drive from Oslo to Flam, but Michellin maps (as some websites suggested) gives longer. I wanted to know the realistic driving time. Also if I prefer route 7 will that be comfortable to drive instead of E16? Route 7 is saving me lot of driving time. How do I know if routes are closed - any website to check. Flam to Bergen is given as less than 3 hours in Google. I also have a question on Volcano in Iceland, if it throws ash, is it something that I need to worry during my trip? How was the experience last time in 2010? Thanks!

9 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Food options and cost

Norway Aug 24, 2014 at 5:10 AM

We are gearing up for our trip to Oslo and Bergen next weekend. The question that I have is, how easy is to get vegetarian food (pizza and pasta are all we need and probably salad sometime). So many forum comments about food being costlier in Norway - any comments. What are the restaurant or vegetarian eatery options on way from Oslo to Flam and then Bergen (we are renting the car and driving)? Thanks!

6 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    • jlanza29's Profile Photo

1/2 day in Oslo

Oslo Aug 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Hello everyone .... I have about 12 hours in Oslo on my way back from Iceland ... we are staying downtown for 1 night ... besides Akershus Fortess what else is a must do ... I arrive and noon on thursday and depart at 6:00 am the next day .. any tips would be welcomed ....

thanks

jlanza29

4 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    • What to do in Flam for 3 hours?

Flåm Aug 19, 2014 at 6:14 AM

We are taking a Nutshell day tour which gets us in to Flam at 12, then we get the ferry at 15.10 - what would be the best thing to do in that time?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • madeinHolland's Profile Photo

nice things to do for someone alone

Kongsberg Aug 18, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Traveling from Holland and visiting Kongsberg in week 37, staying with a friend who is working during the day (except for the weekend). So by myself during the weekday. Do you have suggestions what could be nice to do?

11 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Northern Lights in August - possibility?

Norway Aug 15, 2014 at 3:36 AM

I am travelling to Norway (Oslo, Flam and Bergen) in this month end and will be on Sept 1 as well. What is the chance for me to seeing Northern Lights? Any tips please!

4 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    • I need some urgent help with someone who knows norweigan

Norway Aug 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Im calling my friends no. in norway but i get a message from the operator

Im typing it literally since i do not know norweigan

Can someone please translate it for me. Im typing this as i hear it so i may be wrong.

"Te oklacity contact nee mobil av nentten"

What does this mean?

Thx for your help

4 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Gas for backpackers in Oslo this Sunday

Oslo Aug 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM

We arrive in Oslo (Gardermoen) on Sunday (17.08) at 14:00 and depart by bus to Vintertun (Odda) on the same day at 22:30. Then we will have an eight-day trek through the mountains.
      I did a stupid thing: I did not realize that the shops in Norway are closed on Sundays.
      For cooking we need to be one or two gas cylinders Primus Powergas 450 gram (screw camping gas, epi-gas):
      gsport.no/produkt/715069/pri...

Is it possible to buy the gas in Gardermoen's shops (that open Sunday)?
      Is it possible to buy the gas in the center of Oslo on Sunday? I used to read that only one retail chain in open on Sunday - Bunnpris. These stores sell the gas?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM
    • Geiranger to Oslo by Bus and Train

Geiranger Aug 12, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, We are planning to take the 12:25 bus from Geiranger to Andalsnes on 26 August and then take a train to Oslo via Dombas. My question is this: Since the bus arrives at 15:20, would it be unwise to book a ticket on the 15:31 train to Dombas/Oslo or are they timed to connect? Thanks in advance, Andrew (from the UK)

2 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • Live music and the fjords.

Oslo Aug 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Can I get an advice on where are the clubs with live music in Oslo, and also, is it possible to see the fjords on a short excursion from Oslo without crossing to the other side of the country, to let's say Bergen? Is there a travel company in Oslo that could arrange a trip to the fjords?
      Thank you all.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 1:10 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Getting from bergen to oslo

Oslo Aug 10, 2014 at 4:44 AM

I have booked the Norway in a nutshell tour from Oslo with accommodation in flam to break up the journey and have two nights in Bergen.

I need to get back to oslo but we are in no rush...I know the flight is just 55 minutes but if I took the train back will I be seeing a lot of the same scenery or just a small part of?

I know the flight will be cheaper and quicker but I would hate to miss out on another parts of Norway..
      Any suggestions?

8 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Travel from Oslo - questions

Oslo Aug 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I was thinking of renting a car from one of the Oslo airports and drive down to Flam rather than taking train. Having 2 kids, this will give the comfort and flexibility of travel. I wanted to know how is the highway experience going to be and are there rest areas and gas stations enough on the way? My normal hotel websites are not showing many accomodation preferences, are there any other reliable hotel options, websites to look at. Ok once I reach Flam - are there any tour maps that will show me where should I lead to in Flam - attractions etc. My plan is then to drive from Flam next day to Bergen before taking a flight back to London.

4 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • Travel to Matersfjord

Stavanger Aug 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am traveling to Norway the first week of September on a cruise and will have one day (8a-4p) in Stavanger. I would like to go to Matersfjord above Skanevik to see the area where my grandparents were raised. Is there a reasonable way to travel there and back in the limited time i have?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    • MortenFM's Profile Photo

Going out in Trondheim thuesday 12. aug

Trondheim Aug 7, 2014 at 4:04 AM

where to go out in Trondheim thuesday 12 aug after 11 to see people and having a nice time

1 Answer Aug 7, 2014 at 4:15 AM