Norway Travel Answers

change location
benelui's Profile Photo

8 days in Norway

by benelui Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Hi everybody,
during the next month of August me and my family will be in Norway for eight days, landing in Oslo and departing again from the capital of the country.
We would like to plan a visit of the city and tour some fjords, the best and possibly easiest to reach by car.
Does anybody have suggestions on which ones would be makeable in about six-and-a-half days time (considering about one-and-a-half day in Oslo)?
Does anybody also have any suggestion on possible one-day cruises on one or more of these fjords?
Thank you very much in advance

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • yvr's Profile Photo

Re: 8 days in Norway

by yvr Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Why don't you first look at the VT Travel Guides and then come back to ask questions for answers you did not find there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: 8 days in Norway

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Yeah, I would recommend the same than previous writer, read Norway pages here and check the Norway Travel Forum questions also. Six days is not a long, you can take Oslo-Bergen-Jotumheimen area-Lillehammer-Oslo round for example and plan the trip accoding to you wishes. Remember when planning that the fjords are easy to reach but when passing them you have two choices, pay the ferry or make a quite long round to reach town on the opposite side of the fjord (E.g. the price -Vangsnes-Dragsvik is 84NOK car (under 6m) and 32NOK per person currently).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Norway Travel Answer Locations