Northern Thailand

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Moving to chiang Mai furniture needed

Chiang Mai Mar 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase old glass cabinets like seen in old town stores?

more
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Old Town needed

Chiang Mai Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We are spending 3 nights in Chiang Mai with 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 small children. I'm having trouble finding a hotel in the Old Town area. Looking for under $80USD per night, with a pool.
      Any recommendations for me? Tamarind and De Lanna is booked. Eurana and Buri Gallery have room but reviews seem a little dodgy (dirty, run down, ect). Considering Rimping VIllage...
      Please help!!

more
    • Hire car and driver

Chiang Rai Mar 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I want to hire a car and driver to take four people go sight seeing for three days in May 2014. Thank you

more
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Old Town needed

Chiang Mai Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We are spending 3 nights in Chiang Mai with 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 small children. I'm having trouble finding a hotel in the Old Town area. Looking for under $80USD per night, with a pool.
      Any recommendations for me? Tamarind and De Lanna is booked. Eurana and Buri Gallery have room but reviews seem a little dodgy (dirty, run down, ect). Considering Rimping VIllage...
      Please help!!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • Moving to chiang Mai furniture needed

Chiang Mai Mar 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase old glass cabinets like seen in old town stores?

• Hire car and driver

Chiang Rai Mar 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I want to hire a car and driver to take four people go sight seeing for three days in May 2014. Thank you

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • chang rai to Laos

Chiang Rai Feb 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Could some one help with info on buses from Chang Rai accross the new bridge into laos and then on to the 2 day boat trip to Luang Prabang

regards
      Glen

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    • Name of Restaurant in Lampang

Lampang Feb 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Hello do someone know which this description of retaurant

then told us of a good restaurant about one kilometer away from river lodge also on the river but on the other bank across the bridge. You will need to get transport to get there but the other place was far better and locals were eating there and it was also very clean and good ambiance. As I cannot read or write Thai I cannot tell you the name of the good restaurant but it is on the Thanon Pongsanuk Road next to the Yan Dam, North Side.

which Restaurant it could be? thanks a lot in advance Ivana

• Busses from Phitsanulok to Khon Khaen?

Phitsanulok Feb 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Is there direct busses (other than night buses) from Phitsanulok to Khon Kaen?

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 11:50 PM
    • HELP need to visit MAE RIM/Sameong

Chiang Mai Feb 11, 2014 at 3:00 AM

Hi VTs,

I am visiting CM end FEB and would like to go to Mae Rim/Sameong. Heard that there is a nice camping ground village there (mon jam??) and grapevine? and strawberry farm?. En route, can also go to the National project near MON Muan?

Can you advise how to get there by public transport? If not, how to get a good car hire when I arrive there?

• Tancgu's Profile Photo

Anyone who has stayed in a tent in Chiang Mai Old City?

Chiang Mai Feb 8, 2014 at 6:30 AM

On Feb 1 evening I returned to Chiang Mai Old City after one week of biking on the Loop from ChiangMai - Pai- Maehongson-Maesariang. As it was peak season for Chinese New Year I couldn't find a guesthouse until I chanced upon a small homestay/guesthouse in a quiet area. The lady owner Madam Rustar (her husband is a farang) offered me a tent for 150Baht. There were several tents in the compound with trees and wooden huts with a main building used as office, kitchen and bathrooms. The lady me told me the Wifi's ssid as Goldstar.
      I soon left to return the bike. Big mistake, I didn't get hold of the place's name and address. The same night and the next 24 hours I searched and couldn't find my way back to the tent stay I've paid for. The most shameful chapter of my travel experience! In Thailand almost all the road signs are in Thai (might as well in Hebrew) and I had asked many residents to no avail. I had to return home with a big bag still in the tent!
      Dear travelers, by any chance you have stayed in the same place before or know someone who did, I appreciate very much if you help me to the place ( I can make another trip, maybe to Chiang Rai as well).
      Thanks abundance.

• indian restaurant

Chiang Mai Feb 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM

can you guys tell me best indian restaurant in chiangmai

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • merece la pena los elegantes la tribu y dormir alli

Umphang Jan 29, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Hola, viajo a tai solo 12 dias, ¿Merece la pena el paseo en elefante( los maltrata?), las tribus son autenticas? y dormir allí

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • Mae Sai - Doi Tung - Mae Salong - how ?

Phra That Doi Tung Jan 14, 2014 at 1:29 AM

How much time will I require if I go to this place from Mae Sai with the buses ?
      After visiting Doi Tung Royal Villa and the Garden, is there any public transport that I can go to Mae Salong in the same day ?
      I am thinking of leaving Mae Sai in the morning to visit Doi Tung and leave around 1 pm for Mae Salong, is this possible without any chartered transport ?

1 Answer Jan 14, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Digeridoo music in Pai

Northern Thailand Jan 6, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Does anybody know the name of a guy who, a few years ago, used to sit on the pavement in Pai and play a digeridoo, plus other instruments, simultaneously? I watched him and was transfixed, but for some reason I didn't buy his CD, which I've always regretted.

1 Answer Jan 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    • Price of taxi

Mae Sai Jan 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Price of taxi from chiang rai airport to mai sai

1 Answer Jan 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    • I need evrybody help and suggestions

Chiang Mai Jan 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Hello everybody,.. and Happy New Year,.. i am new here,..and i am planing to go to Chiang Mai in April . i am looking for some information, and i hope i am in the proper section to get the answers on this lovely website:
      - Which area/ location should I stay in Chiang Mai,i hear about Old city, Night Bazar, and City Center,but i really do not know where is the best to stay in. i am coming alone, and i prefer busy area like walking street area in south Pattaya road,or similar.
      - i like clean, nice cheap budget hotel, apartment, or guesthouse,and love to get suggestions from everybody wish to help, i need contacts.
      - I wounder if anybody have an idea about buses going from Chiang Mai to Pattay,. i need information about where can i get tickets,how much it cost me,and the schedule of the buses.
      - Any eastern , Mideastern,Arab restaurants in Chiang Mai, where can i get them?
      - If my questions not in the right section of this website,.. i need your kind help regarding where should i post these questions.

Thank you,..and hope you all the best.

6 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • bus from Nan to Bangkok

Nan Dec 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Dear Beebah, what about the other wau arround, so from Nan to Bangkok. What would be the most easy and comfortable way to trafel . We like to leave Nan Province at the 12th of Januari, but i do need your enwser quickly, sorry for that.

Thanx so much alredy.

Regards

Huub and Proy

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
    • FaleiryO's Profile Photo

SAFE FOR SOLO TRAVELLER

Chiang Mai Dec 18, 2013 at 4:24 AM

IS THAILAND SAFE FOR A SOLO TRAVELLER ?

16 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Is there any left luggage service in Chiang Mai Airport?

Chiang Mai Dec 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I will have some time to explore central airport plaza. Would like to leave my baggage either in the airport or airport plaza. Is there such service available?

Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    • Chiangmai to Bangkok

Northern Thailand Dec 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I'm flying to Chiangmai in April 2014. From there I'm thinking of taking a train south to Bangkok. Are there any interesting places I could break journey along the way so that I can see more of Thailand. Maybe stopover for a night before continuing south.
      Would appreciate any advice and suggestion. Thanks.

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    • Bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok

Chiang Mai Dec 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Can you pre book and pay a bus fare from Chiang Mai to Bangkok?

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    • Khantoke dinner

Chiang Mai Nov 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Dear friends, I'm bring my family (with 2 aged and 2 younger ones - 10yrs old) to Chiang Mai next month. Came to know, its nice going for this Khantoke dinner, some queries below:

1. why is there a great price diff between tour agencies prices? (e.g some quote 900bath, some 450batt)?
      2. Chiang mai cultural center is more traditional? Food wise, same as Khum Khantoke?
      3. Both Cultural center and Khum Khantoke are air-con?
      4. Need to book in advance online booking before reaching chiang mai?

Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • Botox/Filler Chiang Mai???

Chiang Mai Nov 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Can anyone suggest (or warn against) where to get Botox or Filler in Chiang Mai? There is a clinic right near Tae Phae Gate I was thinking about going to. Have you been or heard anything about it? (or anywhere else in Chiang Mai)

Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    • Public transport Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai

Mae Hong Son Nov 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Dear all, my wife and I are planning to visit Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son this December. We will arrive by plane in CM at 12.30 in December 25, and fly back home from Chiang Mai at 13.20 in December 28. I understand that distance between CM and MHS is far enough, but unfortunately we an not take flight from CM to MHS and return due to tight budget. Is there any public transportation that can suit our flight schedule? If we have to stay 1 night in CM is OK, but we prefer to do it on the last night to make sure we will not miss our flight back. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

8 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    • TeckK's Profile Photo

cherry blossom

Chiang Mai Nov 10, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I am planning to visit CM in January.Where is best location for cherry blossom,?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM

To book driver in advance or to join tour?

Chiang Rai Nov 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have 2 days in Chiang Rai, would like to F&E on the first day and have a day tour on the second day.
      I will be going alone or maybe with another friend in Jan 2014..

Should I just walk in to join a tour there or to book a driver in advance?
      Saw some forums booking a private driver/ guide cost near 4000THB?
      How much will it be if I book the day tour there?

I'm interested to see Mae Salong tea plantation, White Temple, Black House, if possible add in a river raft.
      Is 2 days sufficient in Chiang Rai?
      I may be able to stretch another day in Chiang Rai.

Currently I have Chiang Mai 4 days, Mae Hong Son 1 day, Pai 1 day, Chiang Rai 2 days.

5 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Which area/ location should I stay in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Nov 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I had heard Old City ,River, Night Bazaar...
      Which location is more accessible?
      it will helps me to shortlist my accommodation easier.

I had found a service apartment which is train station, will it be too far?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM

How many days I need for Mae Hong Son and Pai?

Chiang Mai Nov 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I will staying in Chiang Mai for 3 days, Chiang Rai 2 days and would like to side track to Mae Hong Son and Pai for 2 days.
      Should I stay in 2 different places in these 2 places or Station in Pai and travel to MHS?

Thank you.

6 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    • Centara Duangtawan Hotel, Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Nov 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Dear all,

Me and my family (with 2 aged parents and 2 young children) will be staying in this hotel coming holidays. May I know if there is any good restaurant (traditional thai food) to recommend me near my hotel?

Also I heard the night bazaar is just across the road, is it big? Are there food? As we are travelling with my old aged parents, they may not be able to walk long distance.

Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    • khantoke dinner

Chiang Mai Oct 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM

which one is better? the Khum Kantoke or The chiangmai Cultural centre?
      anyone can give me an idea of the charges at Khum Kantoke?

2 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    • Chiangmai mini van

Chiang Mai Oct 31, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Anyone can recommend a van for 6 in Chiangmai. And what would be a fair rate for hiring a van for a day?

2 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    • pupattola's Profile Photo

apartment in chiang mai

Chiang Mai Oct 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hi everybody. I will arrive in November at Chiang Mai airport and I need an apt where to stay for about 3 months (maybe more). I will work near the airport and so I need a place whre to stay, not far from the airport and reachable by bycicle... Do Iask too much? My budget is of about 8000/8500 Baht and I could also share the flat with other people. Do you have any idea? thank you very much for yor answers. Simona

3 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM