Northern Thailand

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 2 days 1 night Chiang Rai.

Chiang Rai Apr 15, 2015 at 4:22 AM

Any suggestion on tour company in Chiang Mai for a 2days 1 night trip to Chiang Rai and rough estimate how much it cost?

more
    • Hiking Trails

Chiang Mai Apr 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Hello,

Are there any easy and well-marked hiking trails in Chiang Mai?
      What are the addresses?

Thanks,

C.

more
    • Mondulkiri vs Elephants in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Mar 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Hello,
      I'll have a trip to Thailand and Cambodia in July. I would like to see elephants in their places (not thinking of riding them). I heard that there is an elephant project camp in Mondulkiri, Cambodia. I would love to go there but road takes very long and I dont have much time. Also I've just realized that there are camps in Chiang Mai as well. Can anyone compare these camps in Thailand and Cambodia? Is it worth trying to go & see the ones in Mondulkiri? What's the difference? Thanks!

more
    • English-Speaking Pharmacies: Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Apr 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Hello,

I am moving to Chiang Mai.
      Are there pharmacies in Chiang Mai that will print my prescription medication bottle labels in English?

Thank you for your help.

Corey

more
    • Current price for a safe, licensed driver for 2 one way drives

Chiang Mai Apr 3, 2015 at 12:12 PM

What's a reasonable price in 2015 for a private car w. a safe, licensed and insured English speaking driver for a one way trip for two:

1. From Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai

2. From Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong

Thanks.

more
    • 2 days 1 night Chiang Rai.

Chiang Rai Apr 15, 2015 at 4:22 AM

Any suggestion on tour company in Chiang Mai for a 2days 1 night trip to Chiang Rai and rough estimate how much it cost?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 6:23 AM
    • English-Speaking Pharmacies: Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Apr 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Hello,

I am moving to Chiang Mai.
      Are there pharmacies in Chiang Mai that will print my prescription medication bottle labels in English?

Thank you for your help.

Corey

6 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 4:08 PM
    • Hiking Trails

Chiang Mai Apr 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Hello,

Are there any easy and well-marked hiking trails in Chiang Mai?
      What are the addresses?

Thanks,

C.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    • Current price for a safe, licensed driver for 2 one way drives

Chiang Mai Apr 3, 2015 at 12:12 PM

What's a reasonable price in 2015 for a private car w. a safe, licensed and insured English speaking driver for a one way trip for two:

1. From Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai

2. From Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong

Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    • Mondulkiri vs Elephants in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Mar 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Hello,
      I'll have a trip to Thailand and Cambodia in July. I would like to see elephants in their places (not thinking of riding them). I heard that there is an elephant project camp in Mondulkiri, Cambodia. I would love to go there but road takes very long and I dont have much time. Also I've just realized that there are camps in Chiang Mai as well. Can anyone compare these camps in Thailand and Cambodia? Is it worth trying to go & see the ones in Mondulkiri? What's the difference? Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 10:19 PM
    • Buying Gemstones in Chang Mai

Chiang Mai Mar 15, 2015 at 5:18 AM

I am thinking of travelling to Chang mail to buy gemstones. Where in Chang mail should I go to buy gemstones ? Any good hotels close to that place ?

3 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 4:59 AM
    • Monk Chat in Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai Feb 23, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to chat with monks here - or is that just in Chiang Mai?

7 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 10:47 AM
    • How can I get from Bangkok to Kamphaeng Phet by bus or train?

Kamphaeng Phet Feb 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM

I would like to have some information from where I can catch a bus or train (also with some reviews on transportation) to travel from Bangkok station to Kamphaeng Phet (about 5hrs away from Bangkok 347km) please.

If you can send me websites or contacts info, it would be highly appreciated.

kindly reply to virtualtourist. thanks

1 Answer Feb 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

route from Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Jan 22, 2015 at 10:02 PM

I have to decide about the route from Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai. The most popular is via Doi Inthanon (almost 7 hrs drive) but I have already been there couple of years ago. The alternative I had found out is via Mae Sariang (about 6 hrs drive) and via Mae Chaem (about 7 hrs drive). I have hired a car+ driver with cawho is familiar with the roads.
      Any suggestion which route is more interesting sightseeing wise, will be appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 10:27 PM
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

route from Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai

Mae Hong Son Jan 22, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I have to decide about the route from Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai. The most popular is via Doi Inthanon (almost 7 hrs drive) but I have already been there couple of years ago. The alternative I had found out is via Mae Sariang (about 6 hrs drive) and via Mae Chaem (about 7 hrs drive). I have hired a car+ driver with cawho is familiar with the roads.
      Any suggestion which route is more interesting sightseeing wise, will be appreciated.

• baby car seat

Chiang Mai Jan 2, 2015 at 8:13 AM

when I rent a car can I also rent a baby car seat? If not where can I rent a baby car seat?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM
    • travelightly's Profile Photo

Month long residence

Chiang Mai Dec 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I'm looking to stay in Chiang Mai for a month in January and would like a large room with the ability to at least have a rice cooker and refrigerator. Nothing fancy. Prefer $250-$400 for the month. Any suggestions? Also, if there's any chance somebody knows, is it possible to have small packages of nutritional supplements sent to Chiang Mai? Will they be approved by Customs in Thailand. Are duty charges exorbitant? Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Good time to ride Segway in the city?

Chiang Mai Dec 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM

We (2 pax) plan to take the Segway Tour on Sunday (10th Jan) but are not sure which time is better?
      1. 13:00-16:00 (3 hours)
      2. 16:00-18:00 (2 hours)
      Issues under consideration are traffic and especially, temperature..

It'll be good to do the 3 hours after lunch then hang around until the night market starts around 17:30 but I'm worried it will be quite warm at that time. Thus, is it better if we take the 16:00 2 hours slot? Would it be cooler? I checked axact date for Jan 2014 and it topped at 33'C!! I don't like heat much :))

Tq, Mel

3 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Mahanaga Restaurant at Mae Ping

Chiang Mai Dec 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I read that this restaurant had closed down. Is it true? Would like to go for a drink at least...

2 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Mobile Coverage for Car Navigation in Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai Dec 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I'll be renting car from Avis and driving from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai in January. Will require GPS or Google Maps to visit these places:

Le Meridien Chiang Rai
      Wat Rong Khun
      Wat Phra Keow
      Baan Si Dam (พิพิธภัณฑ์บ้านดำ)
      Chivit Thammada Cafe
      Chiang Rai Clock Tower
      Haad Chiang Rai (หาดเชียงราย)

Avis rents out Garmin but I know that Garmin is quite lacking when it comes to destinations.
      I can buy the Thai SIM card with Data Plan in order to use Google Maps (I already found and saved all the above locations in "My Maps" inside the Google Maps of my iPhone. The thing is, which service provider is the best for Coverage up in Chiang Rai? I don't want to go up there to only find out there is no coverage. Thus, can't use the navigation. We would be hopelessly lost!!

5 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Driving fr Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai& Back

Chiang Mai Nov 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM

We plan to rent a car and drive from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, stay 2 nights at Le Meridien CR, then drive back to Chiang Mai.
      1. Would anyone be able to recommend anything to see along the way, please?
      2. Or anywhere to go while in Chiang Rai? I plan to have long lunch at Chiang Rai Beach at least, visit the night market and some restaurants.. Not planning to drive to the Golden Triangle since I've been and it wasn't that interesting for me.
      3. Or anywhere to go by car in or nearer to Chiang Mai the day we get back? Returning the car the next day..

Thanks,
      Mel

6 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • FlyingChef's Profile Photo

Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai?

Chiang Rai Nov 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

We are starting our South East Asia vacation in northern Thailand. I had planned on spending 3 days in Chiang Rai as I had already been to Chiang Mai. But we have limited mobility so will not be trekking; is there enough to see and do in Chiang Mai, or should we go back to Chiang Mai, which I liked?

5 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Is the last week of Feb-March the busy season?

Chiang Mai Nov 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Heading to Chiang Mai February 26, 2015. Do I need to pre-book a hotel? I was sort of thinking of checking them out in person but if that is a busy tourist time,I will pre-book! Or maybe it is safe to book a few nights in advance and then look around further? Any ideas?

7 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Wineries and Breweries

Chiang Mai Nov 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM

We enjoy checking out local breweries and wineries where ever we go! Anyone aware of any around Chiang Mai or even Bangkok?

5 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • Self drive vs driver

Chiang Mai Oct 25, 2014 at 6:12 AM

I will be staying in DusitD2 hotel for 5 nights next month. 3 persons travelling.

I pa
      Lan to drive for 2days to visit the following places.

Doi suthep and the opium museum.
      Home industries at sam kam peang.
      Drive to Chang rai and visit the golden triangle.

I need to know the driver rates 1/2 and full day.

Please advise if self drive is better .

Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.

Kenny Sun

3 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Is it easy to book a tour for the next day?

Chiang Mai Oct 16, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Hi Im going to Chiang Mai for a couple of days and I want to book one tour for each day. I will arrive by plane near 6pm. Do you thing it will be possible to book the tours at that time for the next 2 days?
      A friend told me it is ok to do it at the airport, but what do you think?
      I will try to get the tour for the Golden Triangle, the tribes, hot springs, and the White Temple. And the next day the Elephant riding, rafting, orchid farm, long neck village.
      How much do you think I should pay for each one? I have been checking prices in the net and I found the same tour in one place for 2500 bahts and in another place 1200. Do you think I could get something cheaper if I do it directly at the airport travel agencies?
      Thank you

9 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • 10 days in Thailand.. how long should I spend in Chiang Mai?

Chiang Mai Oct 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I'm going on a 10 day backpack like trip to Thailand. I would love to see Thailand's top attractions. Is it worth going to Chiang Mai and how long should I spend there? (Other destinations on trip - Bangkok, Phuket, and if I have time a short trip to Siem Reap in Cambodia)

7 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Mekong river

Chiang Rai Oct 15, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Hi there would anyone be able to suggest a place to stay in chiang rai? I'm looking to do the Mekong river experience and a treck for maybe two days is everywhere cheap enough to travel too out would I be best staying close the Mekong river? As you can tell I don't have a clue, any help would be greatly appriceated thanks :)

2 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Elephant ride day tour / Chiang Mai Hotel

Chiang Mai Oct 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM

HI
      I'd likesome recommendations on elephant rides in Chiang Mai.
      Any suggestions are very welcome.
      Also, suggestions on areas to stay in Chiang Mai.
      Thanks!!

3 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • shib's Profile Photo

Bungy jump and zip line

Chiang Mai Oct 6, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Can someone please suggest a good bungy jump and zip line operator along with the approx prices?

Regards,
      Shib

2 Answers Oct 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • Elephant + Rafting + ATV tour

Chiang Mai Oct 4, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Hi, we are 5 people and at the end of this month we want to go in a day tour which includes 1h elephant ride + rafting 10 km + ATV 30 min. I found online at 2050 baht per person. Do you think we can find cheaper when we arrive, at local travel agencies?

5 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 6:38 AM
    • loose_motion's Profile Photo

How far is it from bangkok

Chiang Mai Oct 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM

It's going to be my 5th trip to bangkok and am planning an overnight side trip to ChiangMai . Whats the best way to get to ChiangMai ? How long is the drive from bangkok ?

Any fellow travellers up for a meet between 15-19 October ?

5 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • Anniegirl1965's Profile Photo

travel buddy

Chiang Mai Sep 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Hi There, Looking for a travel buddy, adventuring around southeast asia from november  2014, onwards.
      Cheers :)

2 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • Hotel Location

Chiang Mai Sep 26, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi fellows,

My family and me (5) are going to be in Chiang Mai next January.
      We'll spend 4 nights there, and I need help to decide where to stay.

I have identified two main locations. The first one is "inside" the old city (De Lanna - Tamarind Village - Sirilanna). The other area might be near the night market, one hotel being on the east margin of the river (Rimping Village), another on the west margin (Dusit D2). I would really love to be in the Rimping Village, but I am afraid that going from there to the city centre to have dinner or to roam around the market at night might be "complicated/dangerous/etc"

What do you think?

11 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • Transports in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Sep 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Hello! Does anyone know how to move arround Chiang Mai? And how much the transportation is?

Thank you!

13 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM