change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TheAndos's Profile Photo

Barramundi Fishing

Darwin May 26, 2015 at 7:04 PM

We will be in Darwin in July and my husband has always want to go barra fishing. Can anyone recommend an operator? I have seen Helifishing but that would be too pricey and we are going to Kakadu ourselves afterwards.
      Thanks!

more
    • TriciaP's Profile Photo

Kakadu or Litchfield

Darwin May 17, 2015 at 1:49 AM

if you could only to one park visit would it be kakadu or litchfield, and why. plus any other must sees in Darwin only got 5 days

more
    • TheAndos's Profile Photo

Barramundi Fishing

Darwin May 26, 2015 at 7:04 PM

We will be in Darwin in July and my husband has always want to go barra fishing. Can anyone recommend an operator? I have seen Helifishing but that would be too pricey and we are going to Kakadu ourselves afterwards.
      Thanks!

• TriciaP's Profile Photo

Kakadu or Litchfield

Darwin May 17, 2015 at 1:49 AM

if you could only to one park visit would it be kakadu or litchfield, and why. plus any other must sees in Darwin only got 5 days

10 Answers May 17, 2015 at 8:00 AM
    • 2 days in Darwin

Darwin Mar 15, 2015 at 4:38 AM

We arrive in Darwin on a Sunday afternoon and leave on the Ghan on Wednesday what would be the best things to do in this short time span

4 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 3:14 AM
    • tiwi islands

Darwin Mar 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Has anyone done the Tiwi Islands tour by ferry from Darwin? Would you recommend?

thanks

• ACCCOMODATION

Darwin Mar 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Looking for reasonably priced accomodation in Darwin, preferable self contained. THANKS

2 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 5:09 AM
    • Phone Service

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Do you know how vodaphone service is?
      Thanks

2 Answers May 3, 2015 at 2:12 AM
    • dyah.ES's Profile Photo

Long week end itinerary suggestion in Alice Spring , please!

Alice Springs Feb 4, 2015 at 3:29 PM

We will travel to Alice Spring for one long week end (thu-sun) only due to limited time we have
      Can anyone please suggest squezed ittinerary for this short time... to get idea which place is must seen , and which one I can leave it
      For sure we would like to go to Ayers Rock (is it possible?)
      Thanks mate!

5 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    • Tour Help!

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Dec 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM

We are looking for a tour leaving on a Thurs afternoon from Alice springs for 2 nights then returning to Alice Springs. Are there any like this?

2 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • Tour Transport from Cruise Terminal

Darwin Sep 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Wondering how far it is from cruise ship terminal to bus stops that can take me to Aviation Heritage Center or Botanical Gardens or even downtown Darwin. I think there is a Hop On bus (Tub Tours) but can't figure out from their website how close the stop is to the Cruise terminal. Can anyone help?
      Thanks! Rosie

2 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 3:48 AM
    • Where to use toilets?

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Sep 21, 2014 at 4:13 AM

I have to use the toilets quite frequently and am concerned about this when I'm out on the hiking tours at Uluru. Are there places one can use toilets there? Thanks :)

5 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • Is a car essential?

Darwin Jul 18, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I'll be living in Darwin for five months beginning September. Is a car essential to get around the city and surroundings or can I rely on a bike and public transport?

Thanks in advance :) Erica

3 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • Dreamtime creation stories for West Macs

Macdonnell Ranges Jul 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Can you direct me to the dreamtime stories for the west macs region? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • How many days should I spend in Ayers Rock?

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) May 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I am coming over to Oz in Aug or 10 days for my first visit, landing in Sydney. Want to spend about 6 days there first doing the city and maybe Hunter Valley/Blue Mountains etc. Then thinking to fly to Uluru for Ayers Rock. So iconic and I may not be back for a long time if ever. Is it worth it? I gather it is very expensive; tho we r not on a totally budget trip I don't like being ripped off. Is 2 nights long enough or do we need longer? I think the flight lands in the morning so we'd get half of the first day. We could stay longer and hire a car? Is there anywhere else to drive to from Ayers Rock or should we keep it simple? Advice MUCH appreciated.

13 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • What to do and where to stay in Darwin in mid-July

Darwin May 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Hello.
      So my husband and I are planning to spend 3 nights in Kakadu Park (.5 to drive either way from Darwin, 2 full days in Park). And we know to visit the WWII museum(s). We have several other questions...
      1) What else is there to do in Darwin? I had originally planned 3-4 nights just in Darwin, but cannot really tell other items to do. We like beach, history, hiking, etc.
      2) Where is the best place to stay in Darwin? We will have a car for at least part of it (do we need it the entire time), but also like to be able to walk to sites/dining.
      3) We are automatic-car drivers. Best rental agency?
      4) Do we need to book hotels and/or activities well in advance, or is 1-4 days enough time?
      Thanks!

8 Answers May 27, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    • Ferry between Dili (Timor Leste) and Darwin (Australia)

Darwin May 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Hi
      We are actually on a wotld tour with our vehicle (classic old Volkswagen Kombi)
      Does anybody knows if there is a ferry operating between Dili and Darwin (from Dili to Darwin)
      If yes, all details are welcome as : name of the ferry company, phone email website, the timetable, the cost for people and vehicles
      Moreover, coming from Java, we foresee to visit Bali, Lombok, Flores. is there a ferry going from Flores to Kupang in West Timor ?
      Thank for your coming help
      Fernando

2 Answers May 23, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    • getting to Britz from airport

Alice Springs May 11, 2014 at 3:32 AM

What is the best was to get from the airport to the Britz depot, on a Sunday afternoon - approx. 12:45. I have read that you can do it by bus, but the article did not say which bus, or what day?

1 Answer May 11, 2014 at 12:26 PM
    • self drive tour of uluru and the olgas

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hello
      Is it possible to drive around the base of Uluru ? Like maybe do a mix of drive and walk around the base.

I am planning a 2 to 3 days visit in early july, with my 2 young children (8 and 6) and I find it hard to choose between an organised tour, the uluru express shuttle or just hire a car : I am not sure my kids could do the long walks in the time imparted by most of the organized tours but I would like them to do more than watch the sunset and take a photo !

3 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    • Places to stay in NT and time frames

Northern Territory Mar 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM

We are heading to NT in June from Sydney. Planning to stay at Ayres Rock (3 nts), Kings Canyon (2nts), Alice Springs (3nts), Tennant Creek (2nts), Katherine (2nts) and then Darwin (7nts). Would this be enough time in each place and are there any other places along the way we should see. We are travelling in a sedan.

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    • usnco's Profile Photo

Suggestions, tips etc

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 12, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Travelling from Sydney to Uluru and return in Jan 2015 with my partner and two teenage boys 14 & 15. AM I MAD?
      Is it safe to sleep in a motor home on the side of the road? Also, any tips or suggestions on where to stay and where not to stay, and anything the boys might be interested in would be greatfully accepted. Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    • Uluru - Kata Tjuta

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM

what are natural hazards that occur?

7 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • Guided Tour or self-guided tour

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 7, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Which is the better option - guided or self-guided tour?

3 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 5:10 AM
    • marieana's Profile Photo

Going to Ayers Rock

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Feb 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi
      Is there any coach going directly to Ayers Rock Uluru from Sydney? Any details please
      or from Perth?

7 Answers May 6, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • Uluru and Olgas

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Feb 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Hi Myself and my 23 year old daughter will be in Adelaide early May. We have 3 days for Uluru and Olgas before heading back to Adelaide. Im a little confused and would hugely appreciate advice:
      Are there direct flights to Uluru from Adelaide?
      Can one hire a car in Yulara?
      We love camping but won't have tents. Can we hire in Yulara? Is there a decent backpackers as an alternative?
      Thanks

7 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • Rock and Rail package on the Ghan

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Feb 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Can anyone tell me approximately what time the bus returns to the hotel on Day 4 of the "Rock and Rail" package on the Ghan? We wish to do the "Sounds of Silence" dinner, which requires pick-up one hour before sunset, and I don't know if we'll be back in time. According to the brochure, Day 4 involves:
      1. Travel from Alice Springs to Uluru, which takes about 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
      2. Visit Cultural Centre and Arts and Crafts Co-op.
      3. Guided walk to Mutitjulu waterhole; view cave paintings
      4. Tour base of Uluru and discover Mala walk. (Does "discover" mean we actually do the Mala walk? How long is it?)

Seems like an awful lot to cover. Would we be back in time to leave one hour before sunset for the dinner?

1 Answer Feb 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Fly direct to Uluru or Alice Springs?

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Jan 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I am backpacking around Australia and just received a note from my Dad saying that he intends on joining me from the UK to see Uluru. Any tips on whether to go to Alice Springs or direct to Uluru as I gather you can fly with Qantas. Also, any tips on where we should stay? Obviously he's not a backpacker or fan of camping so those 2 options are out.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Kirsty

2 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • schooling in alice

Alice Springs Dec 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM

We are a family with 3 kids 11, 10 & 5. We are moving to alice for a year or two and living in a caravan. Being white, I am just wondering about the right schooling options for my kids. Any suggestions? We both plan on working so distance ed or home schooling would not really suit us. I just want to know about the best schools etc. Thanks in advance

3 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    • Darwin in six days

Darwin Dec 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM

My father served in the RAAF in WWII in Darwin. My sister and I are taking a "pilgrimage" to Darwin for 6 days, What shall we see and do? How can we go to see parts of Kakadu?

7 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    • name of shop

Darwin Oct 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Hi I bought some 100% rayon hand made pants that were made in Indonesia that came in various colours in a shop in Darwin City. Does anyone know the name of the Shop. These pants were one size fits all. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    • Uluru tours

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Sep 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I am looking for a 3 day camping in swags tour beginning and ending at Ayers Rock airport. Is there anything available that would fit that itinerary? Thank you!

4 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    • almost 3,5 days in Darwin area - help to optimise

Darwin Sep 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I am arriving at 1pm on Day 1, leaving at 6 pm on Day 4. How to see the most in that time? Can I still visit both parks, Kakadu and Litchfield? How to organize the time? Where to spend nights?

4 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM