change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo

B&B in Londonderry

Derry/Londonderry Apr 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Londonderry around June 24th or 25th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

more
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

How to make the most of my private tour, Antrim

Northern Ireland Mar 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I am staying at the Valley View B&B, Bushmills, and they are offering a day tour of pretty much anything I want to see in a day for my photography assignment. I have selected to concentrate my efforts on Dunluce Castle (I want to visit it too), the Dark Hedges, Giant's Causeway, Hezlett House/Mussenden Temple. I just found out that the Giant's Causeway stretches for about 4 miles! I can't be sure my driver will have the patience for waiting while I scramble amongst the rocks, so can someone who has had some success with shooting this area tell me how best to photograph it (i.e. which vantage points are best to shoot from, time of day, etc etc). How much time is good for Dunluce Castle? Is the Dark Hedges best photographed morning, midday, or dusk? I deleted the Bushmills Distillery off my itinerary since I don't drink and I'm not sure how successful a photograph of this place would be. However, I am looking for a decent place to have lunch (maybe with a view?) so some tips would be handy. Are there any other castles in ruins nearby?

more

B&B in Belfast

Belfast Apr 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Belfast around June 20th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

more

B&B in Londonderry

Derry/Londonderry Apr 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Londonderry around June 24th or 25th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

B&B in Belfast

Belfast Apr 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Belfast around June 20th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

6 Answers Yesterday
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

How to make the most of my private tour, Antrim

Northern Ireland Mar 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I am staying at the Valley View B&B, Bushmills, and they are offering a day tour of pretty much anything I want to see in a day for my photography assignment. I have selected to concentrate my efforts on Dunluce Castle (I want to visit it too), the Dark Hedges, Giant's Causeway, Hezlett House/Mussenden Temple. I just found out that the Giant's Causeway stretches for about 4 miles! I can't be sure my driver will have the patience for waiting while I scramble amongst the rocks, so can someone who has had some success with shooting this area tell me how best to photograph it (i.e. which vantage points are best to shoot from, time of day, etc etc). How much time is good for Dunluce Castle? Is the Dark Hedges best photographed morning, midday, or dusk? I deleted the Bushmills Distillery off my itinerary since I don't drink and I'm not sure how successful a photograph of this place would be. However, I am looking for a decent place to have lunch (maybe with a view?) so some tips would be handy. Are there any other castles in ruins nearby?

3 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    • daytrips from belfast

Belfast Feb 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Im visiting Belfast from Saturday to Tuesday at Easter and would like suggestions for a day trip on the Sunday. I will be spending Saturday in Belfast and on Monday I am visiting Dublin. I have visited Giants Causeway on a previous trip so any other suggestions are most welcome.

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

Belfast and Derry/Londonderry

Northern Ireland Feb 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Evening all. What do you think are the best things to do / see in Belfast, and in Derry/Londonderry? What about day trips from either city, and would you recommend hiring a car? Thank you. L

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    • AaronJ's Profile Photo

ferry travel between Belfast and liverpool

Belfast Jan 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Are there passport controls on this route? I have a UK driver licence but have just sent my passport in to get renewed and need to be in Liverpool tomorrow...should I go without my passport?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • RavensWing's Profile Photo

Best season to visit

Northern Ireland Oct 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I am planning a trip to Northern Ireland next year and was wondering what month is the best one to go in. Also I will mostly like be with my sister and niece (4), is it a good trip to take a 4 year old on?

9 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • Black Cab Tours

Belfast Jul 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Hi,

So I want to learn more about the poltical history and I know there are a bunch of tour companies out there. But I would prefer to use someone local rather than a big company. Anyone have suggestions?

David

6 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    • Visa requirement

Belfast Jul 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Do i require a visa to visit if i am travelling to and fro in my own vechicle instead of staying in belfast

4 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • curmo's Profile Photo

5 Days - Belfast to Sligo and Back

Northern Ireland May 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM

In August my wife and I are spending five days in Ireland. We will fly in and out of Belfast and will be spending one day with relatives in Rivertown, Sligo. We have booked a hire car and want to do a round trip staying at a couple of places en route. We would like to visit the Giant's Causeway. If anyone can suggest a route and a couple of good places to stay that would be fantastic. Thanks in anticipation. Phil.

4 Answers May 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    • I am a single parent and want to move from the UK to Northern Ireland UK?

Northern Ireland May 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Hi, I am a single mother to a 4 year old boy and i would love to move to Ireland. My Grandads parents were born there and he visited Ireland when they left and he always said i should go! So ever since i can remember i have wanted to live in Ireland. I currently live in Blyth which is near Newcastle and i hate it here. I would love somewhere that has a decent school so my son could have a good education and that is walking distance from a town etc so i could find work (which is hard to find wherever you go) I don't want to be in a big city like Newcastle, the population of Blyth is 35,818 which is the kind of size i would like to move to. I am looking for a fresh start in life and i have always wanted to live in Ireland and would love my son to grow up there. I have read a lot on different forums and some people ask about religion etc but i don't really think its a problem anymore according to what i have read from other people. I would really appreciate any information i can get as i really want to choose the right place. Also if there is anywhere that i should not move to i would appreciate the feedback on that as well. Also if i wanted to go out of the UK and move to the Republic Of Ireland what would i have to do?

Thank you all for your time!

8 Answers May 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

antrim coast road by public transport

Belfast Dec 17, 2012 at 5:54 AM

hello
      I want to travel from Belfast via the Antrim coast road to Portrush in March 2013; can anybody tell me how to do this by public transport (bus or train) and where to find the right information on the internet?

5 Answers Dec 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    • moirholj's Profile Photo

Titanic Sites: Pay for tours, or go your own way?

Belfast Oct 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Belfast and was wondering if I can access the Titanic Quarter area, and Thompson Dry Dock on my own. It is possible to just walk about and have a look, or do I need to join a paid/official tour group of some kind like this (titanicsdock.com/?page_id=13...? Thanks!
      Holly

3 Answers Nov 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    • DebbieM31's Profile Photo

1 day in Belfast

Belfast Aug 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hello
      We will be sailing on the Stena Line arriving 6:30AM on Saturday September 15 from Liverpool We will be catching the 6:10 PM train to Dublin. We would really like to do the following things but I'm not sure how to get everywhere.
      1. What can we do at 6:30 AM in Belfast? Maybe St George's Market?
      2. Should we keep out luggage at the train station we depart from for Dublin? Any other options?
      3. We would like to see Ulster Folk Park, Transport Museum and the Titanic displays. As well as The dock & pump house.
      4. We would like to see the political Murals Black taxi tour?
      5. a little shopping and a good breakfast and lunch
      We have just the day and I would like to make the most of it. I'm not sure if we should do the hop on/off bus that seemed to go to a lot of places (could not figure out if it went to the Ulster American Folk Park, it didn't seem to) Is this doable? Any idea suggestions would be most welcome! Especially transportation ideas!

3 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM
    • First time visit

Northern Ireland Aug 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are planning our first visit to Ireland late June or July 2013 for our 20th Anniversary and need any help you can give us. We plan to rent a car to get us around and know we want to see some of the touristy spots but hope to see sites that aren't packed with people as well. We love the thought of meeting the locals and hanging out with them enjoying music and learning about the history of Ireland. Since it is our 20th we would enjoy spending a night in a castle of we can find one that we can afford. Any suggestions on itinerary and B&B's? Oh husband is a homebrewer and would love to see any good distilleries and great bar where locals hang out. Bike trails are a plus also.

Thank you for any help you can offer

3 Answers Aug 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • pebmcp6's Profile Photo

Things to do with Kids in Newcastle Co. Down Northern Ireland

Newcastle Aug 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I know about the heated outdoor pool and cocos indoor softplay centre and obviously the beaches, what else is there to do in Newcastle with kids.
      My kids are 11, 10, 9, 6, 5 and 2

1 Answer Aug 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    • Haleyscomet's Profile Photo

University of Ulster/ Belfast

Belfast Jun 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hello there!

I was just wondering anyone's thoughts on the University of Ulster and Belfast as a place to study abroad. I've seen many posts on visiting, but wondered if people had different opinions when it comes to staying there and to be even more specific, studying at the University of Ulster.

Any and all opinions/advice is welcome!

-Haley

4 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 1:48 AM
    • Titanic exhibition

Belfast Apr 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I will be landing at Belfast city airport at 0900 and leaving again at 2100. I want to visit the titanic exxhibition and take a red bus tour, can anyone advise on the best way to do this? I was thinking of getting a bus or taxi to city centre and using red bus to get to exhibition, but do i need to pre book, can i just turn up.
      Any tips gratefully recieved.

2 Answers May 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    • Best Way To Get To LetterKenny From Belfast

Belfast Mar 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Looking to check if there is any reasonable mode of transportation between Belfast and LetterKenny. Is there such a thing as a reliable train service or bus or is renting the car the best option?

4 Answers Mar 29, 2012 at 3:02 AM
    • Driving to Belfast/Northern Ireland then west toward Shannon Airport

Belfast Mar 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

My daughter and I would appreciate your help. We will be spending 3 days in Dublin, then renting a car heading for Northern Ireland. We would like to spend 2 or 3 days or even 4 days in and around Belfast and other towns in Northern Ireland, seeing all the wonderful sights of interest., sometimes using public transportation, sometimes driving on our own.

After leaving Northern Ireland we will drive back south seeing what we missed on the first go around, then driving west taking in all the towns and things to see heading towards Shannon Airport where we will leave to go back home to the U.S.

What we really need help in is what towns to book hotels in so we can take advantage of what there is to see along the way. Ireland is a dream come true for me and I want to make the most of my dream, so whatever you can tell us would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    • Finding family in Belfast

Belfast Jan 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Are there any suggestions for exploring geneology in Belfast (ie., are there any libraries or particular places where one can find info on family)? My grandfather lived there as a child and young man, and I would like to find out more about his family that may have stayed in the area.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

Half day trip options from Belfast

Belfast Jan 10, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Hi everyone. I'm in the process of organising a trip to Northern Ireland in February that should give me three full days to sightsee. I've allocated one and a half days to Belfast, one day to Coleraine and the Giants Causeway (weather permitting) which leaves me with an extra half day to plan. I'm looking for somewhere not too far from Belfast, easily accessible by public transport, where I can visit some places of interest eg. castles, ruins, museums or areas of natural beauty. I am considering Carrickfergus, there seems to be a nice castle and museum there. Hs anyone been to Carrickfergus? Is it worthwhile visiting? Or does anyone have any better suggestions on how to spend my time? Thanks in advance.
      Steve.

5 Answers Jan 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

1 day in Northern Ireland

Belfast Nov 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Hi all,

I have 1 day in the North and would like your opinion on where I should go. I will be sleeping in Belfast but would it be better to stay in Belfast and look around or spend the day going to the Giants Causeway and Derry?

I will be spending 3 days in the South also if that helps your decision? I am leaning towards Causeway and Derry but can be convinced otherwise if Belfast has more to offer...

Thanks

Natalie

8 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    • The sights

Belfast Oct 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous question. Since I'll be staying in Belfast for 2 full days the last week of Feb/first week of March, I know I won't have enough time to see everything, so what would you recommend that I see while I'm there? I know very little of the city so any tips are more than welcome!

Thanks!!

14 Answers Nov 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM
    • How safe is it?

Belfast Oct 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Hello!

Are there any parts of town a female solo traveler should avoid, both in terms of sight-seeing and staying at hotels?

Thank you!

8 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    • one way car hire

Northern Ireland Jul 19, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Hi
      Can anyone tell me of a car rental company with cheap rates that offers one way hire from Belfast to Dublin

Hope someone can help me.
      Cheers

1 Answer Jul 22, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    • Liverpool to Belfast by Ferry passport control

Belfast Jul 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Anyone know about taken a Ferry from liverpool to Belfast is any passport control or just check the ID by ferry staff only?
      Where to checking-in with car in ferry port?DO i need get out the car to do the check-in?
      Thanks

16 Answers Jul 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM
    • 2 days in Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland Jun 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Hi Everyone - I'm going to be in Belfast in early July for business.

I will be in Belfast from Monday to Friday and then would like to see a little bit of Northern Ireland on Saturday and Sunday. I have to fly out of Belfast on Sunday night.

Where should I go for a couple days? I'll have time to see Belfast during the week so I want to go outside the city. I'd love to see the famous green landscapes and cliffs of Northern Ireland and maybe try a little pub in a small town - anywhere special on the East coast? I plan to stay in a hostel(s) and use public transit.

HELP!

4 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Getting around in Belfast

Belfast Apr 20, 2011 at 6:17 AM

We'll make a daytrip to Belfast and want to visit most of its sights... Unfortunately it seems that they are alloted all over the city, so I'm wondering how to get around in the city. I know www.translink.co.uk but nevertheless I'm a little bit lost...

I plan to start at City hall after arriving central station (or Europe bus centre). After that I want to walk to St Anne’s Cathedral and head for West Belfast seeing the peace lines and the murals of Falls Rd and Shankill Rd. Is this doable afoot? Or is it a too long march? Would a detour to the Queen's university and/or Laganside be also possible?

Could you give me any hints to shorten the march by using the public metro service? Could you even appoint the correct (bus?) routes and stations near the specific sights? I know translink.co.uk/Documents/PD... but I can't relate the stations to specific sights, additionally the city centre is not pictured...

Additionally I'd be intrested in visiting Stormont parliament. Is there any public bus connection?

Or would you discourage myself from walking and using public busses? Should I use taxis (black cab tours?) or even the hop-on/hop-off sightseeing bus (http://www.city-sightseeing.com/).

Thanx in advance!

5 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    • belfast to dublin

Belfast Apr 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hi
      Thanks for the information from all all all already given, but I'm having problems trying to find times and fares for coaches, buses or trains from Belfast to Dublin, I was hoping to travel on Wednesday. Can anyone give me an idea on fares and times as searching I don't really seem to be coming up with much.
      Hope someone can help me
      Cheers
      Brendan

5 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM