Northern Ireland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mountains of Mourne

Northern Ireland Jun 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I visited Downpatrick several years ago and would like information about planning return visit. I was at Donard hotel and enjoyed the lovely sightseeing.

I will be using public transportation and need to know if there are any short stay sightseeing tours on offer I might connect with to enjoy this lovely area. Have visited Carlingford in last few years but do not have information on where I might pick up a tour, or even do 2 days sightseeing solo. Which area is better for overnight stop(s) and distances from towns to see the best views of Mountains down by the SEA! Thank you.

more
    • Things to do at Belfast Port?

Belfast Jun 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Belfast Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

more
    • Things to do at Belfast Port?

Belfast Jun 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Belfast Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

4 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    • Mountains of Mourne

Northern Ireland Jun 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I visited Downpatrick several years ago and would like information about planning return visit. I was at Donard hotel and enjoyed the lovely sightseeing.

I will be using public transportation and need to know if there are any short stay sightseeing tours on offer I might connect with to enjoy this lovely area. Have visited Carlingford in last few years but do not have information on where I might pick up a tour, or even do 2 days sightseeing solo. Which area is better for overnight stop(s) and distances from towns to see the best views of Mountains down by the SEA! Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 2:43 PM
    • Romagirly's Profile Photo

Giant Causeway

Belfast May 5, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Hi All, I am visiting Belfast on a Cruise Ship and would like to go to Giant Causeway under my own steam rather than an excursion. I have about 6 hours. Is this doable and if so advice please.Tia.

9 Answers May 6, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

Tours and Public transport to visit sites of Games of Thrones

Belfast May 1, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Hi, we will visit Belfast to find sites of Games of Thrones from june 4 to june 7.
      I found some interesting tours : gameofthrones-winterfelltour...
      to visit the area around winterfell. I could not find any going up north l to Cairncastle ,Shillanavogy Valley to Cushendall and BallyCastle. Are there any daytrips or tours or will it be posible to visit these places by public transport??

Thanks very much for your answers. Louise

• nj0110's Profile Photo

Belfast city center to belfast port

Belfast Apr 30, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest for ways to reach belfast port from belfast city centres early in the morning at 6:00 AM please.

5 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Belfast day tour

Belfast Apr 29, 2015 at 5:00 AM

Has anyone taken the hop on hop off belfast tour. I have an option of either walking the destinations/taking a metro bus day card/hop on hop off. Which one do you think is a better choice? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 12:02 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Weekend trip in Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland Apr 29, 2015 at 3:51 AM

I will be flying from London and landing at Belfast around noon. Then plan to take rental car and then proceed to Belfast Castle. Then head to Armoy, Antrim to see some locations of Game of Thornes. Then end the day in LondonDerry hotel. Then start next day drive around coast, visit Giant's causeway and head back to Belfast. I think we may have more time in Day 2 - please suggest if we can cover more., our flight back is at around 7pm, so we may need to drop our car around 5pm. If we can cover more - whatelse we can cover - or can we rearrange our itinerary to a better one?

8 Answers May 11, 2015 at 8:56 AM
    • RebeccaToo's Profile Photo

Trusted travel agencies in Belfast? Want to hear about your own experience.

Belfast Apr 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM

This summer we plan to make a trip to Europe. So, we’re looking for the not too expensive travel agency in Belfast. I’d like to hear about your own experience. Thanks.

5 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    • Bus from Airport and other transport

Northern Ireland Apr 14, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Flying into Belfast, will stay at Holiday Inn Express on University Street, were told to take bus 300 from airport to go to Europa Hotel Bus Station, is that going to be walking distance to Holiday Inn? Can't afford what I fear may be expensive taxi rides?Also is it about 10£ for return ticket (to and from) ? also where would I go to catch train to Dublin, from same hotel? Is that also walking distance? Thanks very much for any assistance. We are used to walking, though middle aged, just have to keep in mind we have two suitcases to tag from airport with us. :)

3 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 9:17 PM
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

2 days in Belfast

Belfast Apr 14, 2015 at 5:37 AM

Hi,

I am visiting belfast during may. I am planning to take giant's causeway tour for one day and other day just going around belfast with the hop on hop off city tour.

giants-causeway-tours.com/gi...

Please let me know if this is the right plan or any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • Titanic experience

Belfast Apr 6, 2015 at 1:53 AM

In blunt terms is the Titanic Experience worth it - I know that this is a subjective question and is there parking nearby. How long should I allow for the visit. What exactly is involved with the boat trip. The website leaves a lot to be desired. So often these historical attractions are not worth their money - being on a tight budget would the money be better spent on a pub meal?

Many thanx

2 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM
    • Transport from Belfast Ferry Terminal to Belfast City Harbour Airport - Hertz Pickup Office

Belfast Mar 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM

1. How far from the Belfast Ferry Terminal to the Belfast City Harbour Airport?

2. If the Ciarnryan ferry arrives at Belfast Ferry Terminal at 1:45pm on a Wednesday, can i expect to get to the Hertz Rental Car Office at the Belfast City Harbour Airport by 3pm?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Belfast & around - 2 days itinerary

Northern Ireland Jan 13, 2015 at 7:57 AM

I was thinking of visiting belfast and around for two days travelling from London to get some Irish experience. Please suggest me itinerary so that I can make the 2 days of my trip worthy. I originally planned for Dublin but dropped due to elaborate visa formalities. I can rent a car if needed. Definitely want to goto Giant's causeway - but want to know if February month will be right to travel there. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids (aged 9 & 5).

1 Answer Jan 13, 2015 at 11:31 AM
    • afternoon tea in belfast

Belfast Dec 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM

where is best for afternoon tea please

8 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 12:22 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

#84 Charing Cross, London

Derry/Londonderry Oct 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM

My friend is looking for that famous small book store, located that address, the Google map's search result has found but the street view is only an interaction. Asked building #82's concierge, the lady said there is no Charing Cross #84!

Any one local please verify, thank you all in advance!

Strad

9 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • Travelling by flight from Belfast to London need UK visa?

Belfast Sep 24, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I want to travel to London from Belfast. I hold Irish passport so I do not need visa to UK. But my parents are planning to travel with me too. They hold Non-EU passport. My parents are currently with me in Ireland. We plan to travel to London from Belfast to avoid passport control. Does anyone knows is there passport control or check travelling from Belfast to London and vice-versa?

Thanks.

18 Answers Sep 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

European Heritage Open Days

Northern Ireland Sep 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Anyone in Northern Ireland this weekend (13/14 September) may be interested in the European Heritage Open Days. This is where you can visit buildings/sites that are not normally open to the public and usually have a guided tour. The buildings/sites range from houses to churches to boats, some of which are used as film sets (e.g. Game of Thrones). There are various talks at other locations, too. It's a great event and most sites are free - some even include a cup of tea!

More info discovernorthernireland.com/...

Is this event on in other European countries?

6 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • raykey's Profile Photo

Murals in Belfast City

Belfast Aug 6, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I would like to visit Belfast for the first time this year to see the murals that adorn the city.

Is there any kind V.T. member who would show me round for one day only.

Many thanks.

Raykey.

4 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Taking the Antrim Coaster bus

Northern Ireland Aug 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM

We are 2 older women leaving Belfast on a Sunday and we want to end up at the Giants Causeway (our hotel is near there). We are reliant on public transport. I noted that we could take the 'coastal route' bus 252 up to the Causeway but we wanted to stop off along the route for some sightseeing on foot. I see that there is a 6 hour gap between the 2 daily buses on that day, so I need to decide where to get off for a bit and make use of the time. I thought Glenarm's Walled Garden might be nice but 6 hours there? or Glenariff Forest Park but how to get there from the Waterfoot stop? Or maybe get off at Ballycastle and take a ferry to Rathlin Island? We will have our suitcases with us, so it would be nice to leave the cases somewhere so we can explore. Suggestions?

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • Car parking

Belfast Jul 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM

is on street parking in Belfast free on a sunday

3 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    • self catering accomodation

Derry/Londonderry Jul 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM

what standard is accommodation at BT48 aparthotel? We have family of 4 staying this weekend but concerned about tri advisor reviews.

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Coffee in Central Belfast?

Belfast Jun 21, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Any recommendations for high quality coffee shops (non chain) in the central city area? Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 7, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    • Money Exchange

Derry/Londonderry Jun 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM

What is the best institution for exchanging dollars for pounds?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 4:18 AM
    • lizdem's Profile Photo

first time visiting Belfast

Belfast May 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I want to visit Belfast for a few days for my birthday from 1st June-5th June. Is it safe to visit at the moment ?

2 Answers May 7, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

B&B in Londonderry

Derry/Londonderry Apr 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Londonderry around June 24th or 25th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo

B&B in Belfast

Belfast Apr 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Belfast around June 20th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

6 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 12:35 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

How to make the most of my private tour, Antrim

Northern Ireland Mar 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I am staying at the Valley View B&B, Bushmills, and they are offering a day tour of pretty much anything I want to see in a day for my photography assignment. I have selected to concentrate my efforts on Dunluce Castle (I want to visit it too), the Dark Hedges, Giant's Causeway, Hezlett House/Mussenden Temple. I just found out that the Giant's Causeway stretches for about 4 miles! I can't be sure my driver will have the patience for waiting while I scramble amongst the rocks, so can someone who has had some success with shooting this area tell me how best to photograph it (i.e. which vantage points are best to shoot from, time of day, etc etc). How much time is good for Dunluce Castle? Is the Dark Hedges best photographed morning, midday, or dusk? I deleted the Bushmills Distillery off my itinerary since I don't drink and I'm not sure how successful a photograph of this place would be. However, I am looking for a decent place to have lunch (maybe with a view?) so some tips would be handy. Are there any other castles in ruins nearby?

3 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    • daytrips from belfast

Belfast Feb 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Im visiting Belfast from Saturday to Tuesday at Easter and would like suggestions for a day trip on the Sunday. I will be spending Saturday in Belfast and on Monday I am visiting Dublin. I have visited Giants Causeway on a previous trip so any other suggestions are most welcome.

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

Belfast and Derry/Londonderry

Northern Ireland Feb 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Evening all. What do you think are the best things to do / see in Belfast, and in Derry/Londonderry? What about day trips from either city, and would you recommend hiring a car? Thank you. L

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    • AaronJ's Profile Photo

ferry travel between Belfast and liverpool

Belfast Jan 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Are there passport controls on this route? I have a UK driver licence but have just sent my passport in to get renewed and need to be in Liverpool tomorrow...should I go without my passport?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM