Northeastern Thailand

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Khao Sok National Park

Thailand Apr 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I am going to be in Phuket toward the end of this month and want to go to Khao Sok National park for 2 days. I found a few places to stay near by. What is the best way to get there? Any recommended tour companies to use while in the park?

I am also trying to figure out the best way to do this, because after leaving Khao sok I need to fly to BKK, I suppose flying out of Surat Thiani would be best. Given all the driving I need to do, that is why I think maybe renting a car will be best? I will be with one other person.

more
    • Suggestions about Khao Yai National Park?

Prachin Buri Apr 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hello! We are planning on doing a day trip from BKK to Khao Yai NP. I've heard about some of the guided tours, and the one I've seen most recommended is Greenleaf. Does anybody have any experience getting there and/or getting around the NP? Is a tour worth the 1500 B? Is it better to rent a motorbike to see the NP? Is there a particular route we should take from BKK (bus, van, etc)?

Thanks!

more
    • Can anybody help us get from the city to the bat cave (Wat Khao Chong Pran)?

Ratchaburi Apr 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi friends! Does anybody know the best way to get to the bat cave mentioned below, after being dropped off at the bus station? We are coming from BKK to Ratchaburi by van, and after that we are a little stuck. We asked a motorbike taxi to take us but he said it was too far. Does anybody have any experience getting there from the city?

Thanks!

more
    • Moving to chiang Mai furniture needed

Chiang Mai Mar 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase old glass cabinets like seen in old town stores?

more
    • does anyone want to come on flights of the gibbons with me in chiang mai?

Chiang Mai Apr 21, 2014 at 4:10 AM

there is a buy one get one free offer if anyone wants to split the costs? 3700 between us? thinking of going on either the 23. 24 25th of april

more
    • Data roaming service question

Thailand Apr 17, 2014 at 12:51 AM

How is data roaming service charged in Thailand?
      Should I buy a pre-pay cell phone card b4 I go there?

more
    • Bus and train timetable in Thailand

Thailand Apr 14, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Does anyone know the train and bus times coming from Bangkok to get between River Kwai, Ayutthaya and Pak Chong Khao Yai National Park ?.

We are planning to stay in each of those destinations. We need to be in Pak Chong by 2.30pm for the afternoon tour. We don't mind which we do first - River Kwai or Khao Yai and we can fit Ayutthaya in either way as we then want to go to Sukhathai.

This is also proving to be a slow and complicated train trip arriving finally in Sukhathai around 10pm. Is there a more direct route bus trip to Sukhathai as I have had trouble finding this out on the web?

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Hi.does anyone know whether there are any nail salons in platinum mall or around??

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Hello, are there any nail salons in platinum mall?

more
    • Beautyland Patong

Phuket Apr 9, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Has anyone been to Beautyland Patong recently? I have been searching for it but no one seems to know where it is other than going into Phuket Town.

more
    • ankurvohra13's Profile Photo

Phuket in April

Phuket Mar 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I would be in phuket for 5 days from 18th april would anybody would be there in phuket just send me a message.

more
    • lalula82's Profile Photo

phuket in april

Phuket Mar 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Any one heading to phuket on April 19th? Catch up for walks, shopping

more
    • Phuket Airport to Karon Beach

Phuket Apr 21, 2014 at 5:42 AM

We are a family of 4 (2A+2C) and will be staying between Karon and Kata beaches in August 2014. What is the best way to get to our hotel from Phuket Airport? :)

more
    • Taxi hire at Bang Kok And Pattaya

Bangkok Apr 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM

I am going to visit Bangkok and Pattaya this June. I want to hire a taxi or a cab for sightseen in Bangkok and pattaya. I want a cab from reputed cab operator. Please tell me the numbers, name of taxi operator or tell me how can do my temple tour, Safari park tour etc in Bangkok and Nong nooch village, Tiffany Show in in pattaya.

more
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Old Town needed

Chiang Mai Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We are spending 3 nights in Chiang Mai with 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 small children. I'm having trouble finding a hotel in the Old Town area. Looking for under $80USD per night, with a pool.
      Any recommendations for me? Tamarind and De Lanna is booked. Eurana and Buri Gallery have room but reviews seem a little dodgy (dirty, run down, ect). Considering Rimping VIllage...
      Please help!!

more
    • Best Way to Visit Doi Inthanon from Chiang Mai?

Thailand Apr 13, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Hello,

A friend and I will be in Chiang May at the end of April and want to go to Doi Inthanon. I am a photographer so I want to hike a little bit and take pictures of nature and the water falls. Should we get a rental car and go there? Or hire a driver/tour guide? Is there a specific place to get good rates with the drivers?

more
    • Travelling to Bangkok and Pattya for 6 nights

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Need advise as travelling with family including two kids of age 7 & 13. What to do as of now planning 3 days in bangkok and 3 days in pattya

more
    • protest in bangkok update?

Bangkok Apr 9, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hi I will be flying to bangkok this 12-15th of april and will be staying in Bangkok city hotel. Solo traveller here. How is the situation now? anyone here going to bangkok this songkran festival? My first time. I hope I'll enjoy even if I will be travelling alone.

more
    • Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Bangkok Apr 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Just a proper decent haircut will do...

more
    • Where to watch football!?

Ko Phangan Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi I'm staying in Mae haad for 4 days, just need to know if anyone knows of any bars nearby that show English football?

more
    • anywhere to shop? are the shops open on songkran 12-16apr 2014?

Bangkok Apr 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

i am going to travel to bangkok on songkran between 12 april to 16 april. are the shops open? heard from some that most shops are closed. but some said mostly open... pls advise. eg: chatuchak market/plantium mall/partnunam open??

more
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

upcomin visit

Pattaya Mar 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Hello there,
      I'm flyin out to Thailand in next couple of days and has been a while since last time I was in Pattaya, does anyone know fares for taxi, red truck, etc. from bus terminal to the beach road? I'm catchin the bus from Suvarnabhumi so as always any kind of suggestions will be very appreciated, thank you.

more
    • Safe swimming in October

Phuket Mar 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Which beaches are safe to swim in during the last week of October?
      Can anyone recommend a good snorkelling site at this time of the year?
      Thanking you in anticipation.

more
    • Accommodation

Ko Samui Mar 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I am looking for accommodation for 13 to stay for 10/11 days can anyone help with some places

more
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

Transfer to Suvarnabhumi from Don Muang

Bangkok Yesterday

Hi Guys

I really need a piece of advice, my next trip to US have to make me stop at DMK before continue to next flight from BKK airport to save extra money

I will arrive with airasia at DMK around 16:00 if there is no delay for the same day, and my next flight from BKK is 22:40

Am I too ambitious if I choose flight arrived at the same day and proceed to next flight right away? i've tried to search information about possible transport option between this two airports but i just want to be safe, missing flight is the last thing i wanna have

Looking forward to hear from you, and thank you in advance

more
    • traveling the area by car

Ubon Ratchathani Mar 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

We're thinking of hiring a car to travel around UR area. Is this a good idea, if so what is there to see? example temples, waterfalls, markets.

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • bus station

Ubon Ratchathani Feb 13, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I like to take the bus from Ubon to Pakse, I would like to know where is Ubon bus station located at? How far is it from the airport?

5 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    • billbus's Profile Photo

Looking to rettire in Khon Kaen next year.

Khon Kaen Feb 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM

looking for a house or condo I'm in the 1,5 to 2 mill baht range I need help.

5 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM
    • JungyupS's Profile Photo

chonnabot has a city bus to khonken?

Chonnabot Jan 18, 2014 at 12:32 AM

how can I go to khonken from chonnabot?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 1:35 AM
    • getting to Phimai

Phimai Jan 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM

What is the best way to get from Bangkok airport to Phimai?

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 4:34 AM
    • somsakmah's Profile Photo

Dan Sai's Pi Tha Khon Festival 2014

Dan Sai Jan 1, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I thought I ever saw someone mentioned in this forum, that the date for Dan Sai's Pi Tha Khon Festival 2014 has been set, but I don't know how to search for that thread. Does anyone know the date for the 2014 Pi Tha Khon Festival?

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Visa question

Nong Khai Dec 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM

After going round and round and nothing things about visas (or not) the Thai embassy says or on the different visa sites are still not clear in my somewhat tired brain. I will enter Thailand by plane on the 8th February. I will leave Thailand by train on the 15th February to Laos I will re-enter Thailand by train on the 1st March I will leave Thailand again by plane on the 3rd March I know I'll get a 30 day entry stamp upon entering. But as I am leaving Thailand for about 2 weeks do I need to get "stamped" out to be able to get back in again, although this all takes place within the 30 days. Thanks in advance to any kind soul that can put my brain to rest.

10 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    • Traveling from Bangkok airport to park

Pak Chong Dec 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

We won't be arriving in Bangkok until 4:30pm but need to get to the park that evening to stay in our hotel. Does anyone know when the latest bus leaves Bangkok to Pak Chong? I know they have buses quite often, I just wanted to make sure we could make it to the bus terminal in time.

6 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    • bus from Pak Chong to Phu Ruea

Northeastern Thailand Dec 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I will be travelling by bus from Bangkok to Pak Chong to visit the Khao Yai National Park. And then I will head to Phu Ruea. Anyone know for sure that I can get a bus in Pak Chong to Phu Ruea? Thanks for your input.
      --Janet

4 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Contact number for Baan Chanphu, Loei.

Loei Nov 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I'm planning to arrive Dan Sai district in Loei on 19th Dec 2013 around 2am in the wee hours of the morning. Baan Chanphu seems to be a very popular motel but does anyone has the contact number? There are many hotel booking sites from which I can book a room online but no contact number. I may be a wee bit paranoid but this is just a small motel, not a proper hotel, so I'm concern that nobody will be at the counter, if there is a counter to begin with, to hand me the keys to my room at 2am, so I got to call and make sure.

2 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • Tour operator in Nakhon Ratchasima

Nakhon Ratchasima Nov 18, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hello, I want to make a Khmer-temple tour starting from a hotel in the Amphoe Nong Bun Mak district, but I find no local tour-operator, we need a driver with car for this day-tour.

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Loei recommendations

Loei Nov 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I'm planning to visit Loei, Thailand, in Dec. Any recommendations to what places to visit or to eat? I'm looking in particular for information about places of interest not available readily from the Internet. Also any places of interests which is opened only during weekends (e.g. the walking street in Chiang Khan is busy only during weekends)

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Nakhon Ratchasima Recommendations

Nakhon Ratchasima Nov 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I'm planning to visit Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat) in Dec. Any recommendations to what places to visit or to eat? I'm looking in particular for information about places of interest not available readily from the Internet. Also any places of interests which is opened only during weekends (e.g. Choakchai farm only have guided tours during weekends... i think, and most shops in Palio, that shopping place, opens only during weekends, so I was told.)

5 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Hiking up Phu Rhea National Park

Loei Nov 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Anyone ever go to the peak of Phu Rhea National Park? Some sites mentioned we have to hike for something like 3-4 hours. But I wonder if there is a road where we can drive all the way to the top.

5 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • BradN's Profile Photo

Getting from Surin to Pak Chong

Surin Oct 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM

What is the best (fastest/cheapest) way to get from Surin to Pak Chong? I will be there for the elephant festival and I am hoping to head to Khao Yai afterwards. thanks!

2 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    • sutty1311's Profile Photo

2 nights in udon thani

Nong Khai Sep 24, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Hi I am travelling through thailand in november with my girlfriend by car and we will be staying in udon thani for two nights what things and places do you recommend we see??

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM

2 nights in nakorn ratchasima (korat)

Nong Khai Sep 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Hi I am travelling through thailand in november with my girlfriend by car and we will be staying in korat for two nights what things and places do you recommend we see??

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

4 day trip based in nong khai

Nong Khai Sep 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Hi I am travelling through thailand in november with my girlfriend by car and we will be staying in nong knhai for four nights what things and places do you recommend we see??

4 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    • cdnski12's Profile Photo

Golf Bars in Kong Kaen

Khon Kaen Sep 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Please advise me of the location of a decent Golf Bar in Khon Kaen. Also Do Singha & Dan Koon GC's, still have 1/2 price Sport days on Mon & Tues? I've golfed at them before; but wonder if a Golf Bar tours out to some of the more distant Golf Clubs.

Isaan Kite Festival 2013

Buriram Aug 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Anyone knows the exact date of the Isaan Kite Festival held in Buriram province this year? It's usually the 1st weekend, 2nd weekend, and sometimes 3rd weekend of December every year.

12 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • Udon Thani

Udon Thani Jun 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I am planning to travel from Bangkok to Vientiane via Udon Thani, taking a flight from BKK to UT then the bus to VT. The flight arrives at 8.10 in the morning. I have a choice of going straight from the airport to to the UT- Vientiane bus and move on, or stay in UT for a day and travel to VT the next day. Is there much to see in Udon Thani? From this link youtube.com/watch?v=04zdKcc-... it looks like it's worth it. What do you think?

2 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    • Please provide info about bus from udon to Pattaya

Udon Thani Jun 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Please provide info about bus from udon to Pattaya (depart, time , cost,etc). Thanks

2 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    • spas and buffets

Udon Thani Apr 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Hi anybody know of a good spa or two in Udon and also any good buffets and how about short term cooking class? Thanks

1 Answer Apr 19, 2013 at 2:33 AM
    • SukhiHotu's Profile Photo

Renting car to tour Isan

Northeastern Thailand Mar 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Am planning on a trip to Isaan for 10 days?
      Any ideas how to rent a car and recommendation on the route the to take?

10 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • BAAN CHAYNA (SURIN BEACH, PHUKET) HOW TO

Surin Mar 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM

A spur of the moment decision to fly to Phuket next month (April 2013) with my 13 yr old daughter, a weekend getaway if I may say and an advance birthday gift for her. It was a preference to stay a little bit farther away from the crowd in Patong Beach, I was actually hoping we can get a hotel in Karon/Kata area, but next thing I know I was already booking BAAN CHAYNA HOTEL/RESORT which is located in SURIN BEACH. I know nothing about the place and so as most of my friends who’s gone through a Phuket trip as most of them stayed in either Patong or Kata areas.

Has anyone of you stayed in this hotel before? They have good reviews, that I know, but I am more worried about transfers to and fro, how accessible is the place to where the piers are to start off the island tours? It was a bit of a challenge to do research online as most of the tourists sharing their experiences mostly stayed in the most commonly known tourist areas (Patong/Kata/Karon) and not Surin. HELP!

5 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

buses from BKK

Nong Khai Mar 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I kindly ask you some update on the bus service from Suvarnabhumi airport to Nong Khai, such as timetable and if it's still avaiable, the only thing I know is number of bus is 825. I'm right now in Thailand but I'll be doing a visa run in Laos so I'll be likely spending a couple of days there. Thank you

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    • Wing Chung and/or Badminton between Nong Khai and Ubon Ratchathani

Northeastern Thailand Dec 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Hi

from jan 17 2013 till 4th feb i am in this region and interested in learning wing chung and / or playing badminton (I was playing tourniers in switzerland). Has anybody an idea where wing chung (wing tsung / private teacher?) or badminton (club) maybe practised?? Locally i am flexibel in this area.

tks for all help and information.
      Ulrich

2 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

place to stay

Khon Kaen Nov 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I kindly ask for some help on finding good budget accommodation in Khon Kaen, I plan to arrive there from Vientiane so any suggestion and info on how to get to Khon Kaen by land is very welcome. Thanks

1 Answer Nov 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    • Vientiane - Nong Khai - Khon Kaen

Khon Kaen Nov 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hi all, I am currently in Vientiane and need to be in Khon Kaen on this Wednesday by 3 pm. I found out there's a bus from Vientiane 9 am arriving Nong Khai 11 am. Anyone has an idea how and when to get to Khon Kaen to be there in time? All help appreciated!

Seikku

3 Answers Nov 11, 2012 at 2:53 AM
    • Car hire in Kantharalak district

Kantharalak Oct 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to hire a car in the Kantharalak district? Its near Si Sa Ket

2 Answers Oct 5, 2012 at 5:10 AM