North Yorkshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Parking other than the market square

Masham Jul 3, 2014 at 3:43 AM

I've been to Masham just once before, other than the Market square are there other parking sites close by? Thanks

more
    • Craft Fair

Goathland Jul 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi,
      I heard about a (craft) fair in Goathland on 9-10 July.
      Can someone confirm?
      We are staying in Staithes, no car, travelling by bus, I wouldn't like to go there in the wrong date :-) though I know it's a lovely village.
      Thanks a lot!
      Antonella

more
    • Parking other than the market square

Masham Jul 3, 2014 at 3:43 AM

I've been to Masham just once before, other than the Market square are there other parking sites close by? Thanks

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • Craft Fair

Goathland Jul 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi,
      I heard about a (craft) fair in Goathland on 9-10 July.
      Can someone confirm?
      We are staying in Staithes, no car, travelling by bus, I wouldn't like to go there in the wrong date :-) though I know it's a lovely village.
      Thanks a lot!
      Antonella

3 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    • Hen night ideas in York

York May 29, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Hi All
      I am trying to organise my sisters Hen night in York, I have never been to York so I am a bit stuck, there will be apx 10 of us all in our 30's
      We are booking the York Barbecue Boat cruise for early evening,so that is food sorted, but I need a night club and a hotel, all suggestions welcome and appreciated.

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    • .Comeing to town on "Arriva" bus on Monday , need transport as below.

Scarborough May 23, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Can I get a bus from Scarborough Railway Station to "The Grand Hotel"?

7 Answers May 24, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Walking around York

York May 17, 2014 at 5:34 AM

I am going to York this July and I need some hint what is worth a while in the city but isn't mentioned in travel guides.
      I also look for a nice, scenic, quiet even desolated one-day walking route somewhere nearby York.
      Any advice? please...

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 4:54 AM
    • What is the nearest train station to Grassington ???

Grassington Apr 27, 2014 at 10:40 PM

What is the nearest train station to Grassington ???
      thanks

4 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    • Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton Apr 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    • swiftfoot's Profile Photo

North Yorkshire

York Apr 17, 2014 at 6:14 AM

1. My wife and I have 4 days to spend in York in the third week of September. We want to visit a few castles within 50 miles of the city, and also to go out and enjoy the scenery without doing too much walking. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

2. From York, we proceed to Perth, Scotland. Which type of public land transportation will be more scenic?

7 Answers May 7, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    • Transportation from Heathrow to Harrogate

Harrogate Apr 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM

This June we will be landing at Heathrow and need to make our way to Harrogate. Should we use the tube to get from Heathrow to KIngs Cross and then get a train from there, or is there a train that goes directly from Heathrow to Harrogate? It seems like it is much less expensive to travel by train rather than flying.
      Any travel recommendations are greatly appreciated.

5 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • Courtyard Cottage

Knaresborough Feb 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM

we are thinking of booking Courtyard Cottage (in the courtyard of Kirkgate House) and we are wondering how far it is from the railway station (also if anyone recommends the cottage) thank you.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM
    • Bus to and from Harrowgate?

York Jan 20, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Hello,

I am wondering if there is local bus service from York to Harrowgate (on a Thursday), and if so, from where do the buses leave?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

8 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • Dogs in york

York Jan 2, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Where can you go in York with a dog

4 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    • Transportation to Fountains Abbey

Harrogate Nov 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I'm traveling from the U.S. to Harrogate next June for a graduation at Fountains Abbey. I'll be flying into London Heathrow and taking a train to Harrogate. What are my transportation options from Harrogate to Fountains Abbey (the graduation is on a weekday evening), or would staying in Leeds give me more choices for transportation? I appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • ArieP's Profile Photo

christmas fayer

York Nov 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Who now something for me

10 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    • ArieP's Profile Photo

sint nicolas christmas fayer

York Nov 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Where can i get a programm for 1 decimeert

12 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM
    • new years eve break

Scarborough Nov 1, 2013 at 2:30 AM

We are coming to Scarborough for the new year this year and we have an 11 year old son who is coming with is. We are looking for something to see & do while we are there. We are there for 5 nights. Can any one advise me please????? Pam

5 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • butchers opening times in Hawes

Hawes Oct 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM

does cockett's butchers in Hawes open on Mondays?

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • butchers opening times

Hawes Oct 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Does Cockett's butchers open on Mondays?

3 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    • boat trips

Scarborough Sep 11, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Are the Scarborough Pleasure Boats still working ie going out this Sat 14th Sept

• What is the name of the famous fossil shop in Robin Hoods Bay

Robin Hood's Bay Aug 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM

What is the name of the famous fossil shop in Robin Hood's Bay

1 Answer Aug 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    • Clifton hotel

Scarborough Aug 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Hi have booked this hotel for this bank holiday weekend. Have now read reviews and they say its being renovated and shouldn't be open because the mess the hotel is in and the pictures people have posted. Is the hotel being renovated and in a mess ?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2013 at 2:26 AM
    • Hi guys! URGENT! x

Knaresborough Jul 1, 2013 at 6:03 AM

HI guys! I'd like to ask if you lovely people out here know by any chance the best way from the nearest airport to knareborough, North Yorkshire? I'm from Austria and have absolutely no idea how to get there in a more or less affordable way? Although I have an quite important appointment there, at least for me (;
      I'm gladly looking forward to any answer from you guys! please please please (: xx

6 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    • Taxi Service

Scarborough Jun 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I'm wondering if someone can give me an idea how much it might cost to take a taxi from Scarborough train station to Fylingthorpe?

Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    • York to Whitby

York Jun 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

What are the options for getting from York to Whitby??
      Is there a bus or buses ??

7 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    • joyjoyjoy's Profile Photo

Best Restaurant

Whitby May 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Spending a few days in Whitby, England. I want an excellent restaurant for fine dining to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Love seafood, French Food and excllent service. Can you advise please?

5 Answers May 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    • Public transportation from York to Stratford

York Dec 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

We will be travelling to Great Britain this June. I had hoped to go to Stratford from York and stay a couple of days before continuing to Chipping Campden (where we are renting a cottage for a week). Then on the way back to London we would stop in Oxford for another couple of days.

The problem is that even though in terms of location this makes the most sense, I can't seem to find reasonable public transport from York to Stratford (13 hours and 2 stops!) whereas I can get to Oxford from York directly in just a little over 3 hours. Is there any more direct public transport from York to Stratford that I'm missing, or is backtracking the only way to make this work? (Renting a car is not an option.) Can anyone help? Thanks.

10 Answers Dec 2, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    • marybrigid's Profile Photo

Double Decker Hotel Bus

North Yorkshire Nov 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Hi, Can anyone give me information on the 5 day tour by Hotel Bus from York to Whitby? Am not sure that it is still operating. Tku in advance.

5 Answers Dec 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    • Kaspian's Profile Photo

Easiest Way From Manchester?

Hawes Oct 2, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Ersh... There's so much transportation advice here and online, it's doing my head in. Most of them give advice to take busses to/from places that aren't even on normal maps!

Any advice on the best way (other than driving) to get from central Manchester to Hawes? Do I have to get a train up to Kendal and then somehow get east from there?

28 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    • Sharonov's Profile Photo

Which town for Charles's person?

North Yorkshire Sep 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM

We're currently in York, until Friday. We'd like to walk a little in the Dales next weekend, but don't have a car. We can get to Skipton or Harrogate by train/bus, and then (I think) arrange to get to the Dales, but which town would be best? Or would anyone recommend Nother? We walked in the Cotswolds all last week. Love all the walking paths here.

10 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 6:36 AM