Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• places to swim

New Bedford Jul 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Is there anywhere to swim besides in the south end on a sunday

more
    • Hotel near hop on hop off stop

Boston 1 hours ago

My wife and I are two seniors who will be staying one night in Boston MA in early October. My wife has limited walking ability. We will be using the Trusted Tours Old Town Trolley Tour Hop on Hop Off trolley for two days and would like to stay in a hotel within a block or two of one of the twenty or so trolley stops they make. Problem is that Trusted Tours website only shows a list of the popular tourist stops by name but they don’t show a map with street names like other tour operators do. Consequently, we aren’t able to tell how far away a particular hotel is from a particular stop.

Do all tour operators use the same stops at popular tourist points? If so, maybe we could use one of the maps other tour vendors provide to help us choose a nearby hotel.

Thank you very much.

more
    • Night time at Plum Island

Plum Island Jul 5, 2014 at 5:53 AM

Hi there, is it tough to get onto Plum Island at night? We're thinking of going tonight and hiking along the beach to the lighthouse. Any tips?

more
    • LynnieAshB's Profile Photo

Springfield to Amherst

Amherst Jun 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I will be in Springfield, MA for 5 days in November. I am a huge Emily Dickinson fan and plan on spending a day in Amherst. I don't drive. Is there a bus route that goes to Amherst that is reliable?

more
    • does anyone know if it is Rockport or marblehead that has great tide pools to explore?

Rockport Jul 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM

does anyone know if there are tide pools in Rockport or Marblehead?

more
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

sleep/waiting at Logan airport

Boston Jul 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Anyone know if it is possible to spend the night at Logan airport in order to catch an early flight next morning. Any advice tips appreciated.

more
    • elise_crash's Profile Photo

Handicap Parking in the City

Boston Jun 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM

My husband and I will be there at the end of August / beginning of September and plan to rent a car. I would like to avoid a rental car and just take public transportation, but my husband has a bad knee, and I just don't think he can do all that extra walking.

I know that several major cities will allow you to park on the street for free with a handicap placard. Is this the case in Boston?

Thanks for your help!
      Lisa

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Boston Common Hotel near Copley Square

Boston Jun 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Hi, y'all. I am playing travel agent again. I have two women who would like to stay for a few (I don't know many) days near Copley Square in Boston. The prices of most hotels are frightening - $400 and up. Perhaps there's a conference there at the random dates I picked (October 10th or so)?

However, the Boston Common Hotel comes in at half the price (still around $220, depending on the discounts). What do you think of this hotel for two reasonably savvy, self-propelled women (60s and 80s)?

Bill

more