Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular North Sumatra Province Travel Answer Locations

• crowned_goddess's Profile Photo

Diving spots and beautiful beaches

Medan Jul 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Are there beautiful beaches and diving spots in Medan or somewhere in North Sumatra?

5 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • how is the fishing guides in nias

Pulau Nias May 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM

how is the fishing guides in nias

3 Answers May 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    • Recommended budget accomodation in Medan

Medan May 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site but I've already seen some really helpful info. I arrive in Medan on the 29th of September at 19:10. I have to get to Bukit Lawang but I figured it might be best to spend the night in Medan and head to Bukit Lawang the next morning by bus. can anyone recommend a nice cheap save place to sleep and also an easy save way to get there from the airport. I'll be traveling solo.

Thanx in advance.

7 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Alexis_Ameera's Profile Photo

KNO Airport to Tuktuk, Lake Toba

North Sumatra Province Apr 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Hey guys,

I'm going to have a solo backpacking trip to Lake Toba in 2 more days on Apr 30th. I need an advise in terms of travel timing.

Expected to reach Kuala Namu Int Airport on Wed Apr 30th @1400 hours. Any idea the fastest way to get to Lake Toba from KNO airport? FYI I've booked accommodation somewhere in Tuktuk Siadong, Samosir Island. Not sure if I need to get a ferry ride from Lake Toba to the hotel.

Since I'm travelling alone which transportation recommended? I'm just scared I can't catch a ferry as they said last ferry from Parapat is 7pm.

My flight back will be on Sat May 2nd @1400

Hope to hear from you guys soon. =)

9 Answers May 6, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Taxi from Airport

Medan Apr 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Hi ,
      I will be reaching Medan tomorrow in the evening around 7:30 pm at Kualanamu Airport. I need to go to Sibayak Multinational Resthouse, Berastagi.
      What I am asking is : Is it safe to travel from Medan to Berastagi at night?We are 2 persons. I heard it takes 4 hours. Is Medan safe at night? Or is it better if I stay back in airport that night and start next day morning?
      And,. which Taxi should I choose from airport??? I am considering both safety and money..
      I talked to someone in Medan for Taxi transport. He told me that he will charge 600,000 IDR!.. I believe it is too much!
      Please reply soon...

Waiting for the reply...

Thanks in advance.

Srijani

8 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Sibayak Multinational Resthouse

Medan Mar 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM

I need to book some rooms in Sibayak Multinational Resthouse, for the month of April. But, I am unable to find any contact details of them in any hotel booking websites.  Can anyone please help me??? And also please let me know if there any other good hotel in that localtion. I will be going for a  hiking at gunung sibayak.

Thanks in advance. Srijani

7 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Where I can buy a Sim ?

Medan Mar 2, 2014 at 4:07 AM

I will be travelling to Indonesia next month. I will reach Medan on 9th April, evening, aruound 6-7 pm. On next day early morning I have a plan to start for Berastagi. I will be in Indonesia for >2weeks, so I guess I should get a sim. Anybody have any idea where I can get a sim? is there any store available in airport in Medan Kualanamu airport? One more question: My mobile is bought from Thailand. So, it shouldn't get locked if I use any indonesian sim I guess.. is it?

Thanks,

Srijani

10 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Airport Transport

Medan Feb 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

What is the rate(charges)by bus, train, and taxi from Kualanamu Airport to Medan City? Also, between what times do they operate, and the frequency of the service? Thanking you.

9 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • Volcano eruption

Medan Feb 11, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Hello, im planning to visit medan-berastagi-lake toba end of february. is it safe to visit as im concern the mt sinabung has been repeatedly erupted. how is the air condition in berastagi?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • travel between Belawan and Tangkahan?

North Sumatra Province Feb 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM

We will be in Sumatra for only one day, from 6:00a.m. until 8:00p.m. on a Saturday in April, 2014. We would like to spend it with the elephants in Tangkahan. Can someone please tell us (1.) if it's feasible to make the journey from Belawan to Tangkahan and back to Belawan in that time period, (2.) the distance / how long the trip is from Belawan to Tangkahan, (3.) what types of transportation are available for this trip -- car and driver? train? bus? ferry? -- and (4.) whether one needs to make advance reservations for transportation and also to wash the elephants. Many thanks for any guidance you may be able to provide.

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • Medan Help

Medan Jan 24, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi all,
      I am planning for a trip to medan. Unsure to do it for 2 night or 3 nights. I am planning to either travel to Bangkok OR Bandung after Medan for shopping. So shopping is not the main objective of my Medan trip.

I need help on places I should go first after I arrive at the airport, any reliable contacts or tours anyone can share with me?

Looking forward to your sharing experience with me!

6 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 3:43 AM
    • volcano mount sinabung

North Sumatra Province Jan 13, 2014 at 2:49 AM

I am due to fly into Medan this saturday (18th), is it safe? and is the area bukit lawang safe to visit?

Thanks,

4 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    • Solo traveller to lake toba

Medan Jan 2, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I am planning to detour to Lake Toba on my way back from Pulau Weh. 1st day - arrive Medan airport at 1pm and 3rd day depart at 8pm flight. Hope someone will help answer some of my questions:
      - Is it safe for a female to travel solo to Lake Toba?
      - If I arrive Medan airport at 1pm, will I be make it for the last ferry to LT?
      - Will 3D2N be sufficient to visit "must see" sights?
      - Is there a "left luggage" at the airport?

Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • car rental

Medan Dec 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

i want to rent a car to travel around medan (with driver), any suggestions?

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Medan, Lake Toba, Gunung Leuser National Park, Berastagi

Medan Nov 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Medan, Lake Toba, Gunung Leuser National Park, Berastagi with my friends on June-July , 2014 from Thailand. Can you guys please help me regarding the following:

1. June-July is a good time to visit Medan & surroundings?

2. Should I bring my VISA from Thailand? or VISA on arrival is available for Indian Citizens?

3. I have a 5 day plan to visit Lake Toba, Gunung Leuser National Park & Berastagi centering Medan. Not interested in shopping. Will it be possible in 4 nights & 5 days? 4. What is main travel medium if I want to travel these places from Medan? What is the approx cost for that?

Thanks in advance!!

8 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • faramon85's Profile Photo

DISTANCE AND TIME FOR MEDAN TRIP

Medan Oct 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Hi. I purchased a flight tix to Medan for 3 days and there is 2 things that I really wish to accomplish while I'm there. 1)Explore Lake Toba and 2)Shopping at the town. Can anyone advice me whether it would be possible to do all that within 3 days? Was hoping could stay in Lake Toba area for a night and the other night in the town. But I heard people telling me that the distances there is quite far from one another and there is no way I can do both visit lake Toba and Shopping at town together. Plz help!

11 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • EkaterinaT1's Profile Photo

From Nias to Banyak

Pulau Nias Oct 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Hello! Need advice of travellers and locals. Have a dream about to places on Earth, but cant find any information about transportation! How we can get from Nias to Banyak island?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Norazilaeunos's Profile Photo

Medan to Lake Toba

Medan Sep 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM

is there any car rental office at the airport? Is it safe to drive on our own, a family of four, to lake Toba area? or is it advisable to take the taxi or bus?

5 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • Bespoke mens shoes

Medan Aug 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Where can I get them in Medan

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • MaryaPrincessShomei's Profile Photo

Trust and Cheaper Driver...contact number please

Medan Aug 15, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Can i get driver contact number or email in order to booking for transport.
      thank you all

4 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • MaryaPrincessShomei's Profile Photo

Medan Travel 4D3N - 25th Sept 2013 - 28th Sept 2013

Medan Aug 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM

i have tight budget travel in Medan.. anyone would like to suggest me the cheaper driver and transport...
      thanks you allsss

3 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    • batik center

Medan Aug 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

where is the exact place?

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • pPamela's Profile Photo

North Sumatra

Medan Jul 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

What date does the new airport in Medan North Sumatra begin operating?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 5:46 AM
    • How to get from Lake Toba to Medan Airport?

Medan Jun 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Hi,

The first week of august I am going with my girlfriend a few days to Lake Toba.
      We have a flight from Polonia Airport to Yogyakarta at 13h40. Any advice on how to get from Samosir to Polonia Airport in time for our flight?

Thank!

5 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • Family Travel - Itinerary & Timing Questions

North Sumatra Province Apr 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM

We are a family of four (two older teens) who are interested in going to Sumatra. We have about 16 days (including travel to/from Australia) and were considering flying in Medan, seeing orangutans in Bukit Lawang and possibly trekking a bit there (son is very fit; us not as much!) or possibly saving trekking to do so with elephants in Tangkahan, which sounds amazing. We also want to fit in Lake Toba and a 5+ day beach holiday at the end. We are wondering for the beach part if we should then go up to Banda Ache and on to Pulau Weh (is there snorkelling there as well as diving and is there anything for the kids to do if they get sick of relaxing?) or fly to Padang at go to cubadak paradisovillage where there seems to be diving and snorkelling. As I write all this, I think it sounds ambitious for two weeks, so would like advice about what the best options are. We've been diving/snorkelling in Bunaken, Komodo/Flores and Barrier Reef so wonder how marine life around Sumatra compares. Also visited orangutans in Kalimantan via river boat. We are hoping that Sumatra will be different to those trips to add to our love of Indonesia and our view of how diverse the country is. Thank you for any advice you can provide!

6 Answers Apr 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    • noel98's Profile Photo

solo traveller april 30 may 5

Medan Mar 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Please can you help.me a package for 6 days 5 nightd stay

6 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • Moneng's Profile Photo

travel guide

Medan Mar 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Hi, I would appreciate if any suggestion of travel guide (transportation, halal food, hotels, etc). Travel as couple on 3rd - 5th April 2013. Many thanks

4 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    • Ys_79's Profile Photo

Travel buddy to Medan on end of May 2013 ??

Medan Jan 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Anyone interested to travel around Lake Toba & Brastagi (Medan) on around 23/5/2013 ??

Perhaps we can travel together and share the local transportation charges.
      Well, travel with public transports in Medan sounds inconvenient, so am thinking about sharing a pre-arranged land transfer !

2 Answers Feb 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    • Traveling alone to medan (female)

Medan Nov 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Hey travellers, I'm a 23 years old female and this is my first time to travel around =)
      I don't have any experience so kind of stuck here.

My friends canceling me off so I was thinking doing this trip to Medan, Indonesia alone.
      Is it dangerous there? I can speak Bahasa. How many days would u suggest for the trip?

I'm doing low budget travel sort of backpacking alone. Is it costly for transportation for loner?

Thank you for your time and your responses are much appreciated.

6 Answers Nov 3, 2012 at 4:45 AM
    • sunchu_24's Profile Photo

Visiting Lake Toba in October

North Sumatra Province Sep 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I will heading to Lake Toba in October, can some1 suggest if this is the right season to visit lake Toba.
      Any Precaution to be taken there, Also please let me know if any one is visiting that place during tht time, we can meet up :)

Cheers to all!!

7 Answers Oct 23, 2012 at 11:51 PM