Travel Answers
North Pender Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pender Island ... Confused about cars, ferries and traveling to and fro....

by Tantalize Online Now May 4, 2005 at 1:46 PM

Greetings,

I've just stumbled here via some googling and am seeking advice. I'm planning a trip to Vancouver for sometime in August, with hopes to visit a few days in Victoria and two days at Poet's Cove on Pender Island. At this point, I'm not sure if this is feasible...are they close enough in proximity? I keep hearing the ferries "book up in advance"? How does this work....do folks not need to travel back and forth? And, I prefer not to have to rent a car in Vancouver, but is renting suggested in Victoria? Can cars be rented on Pender Island? Are there cabs? I saw a post about catching a ride or hitch-hiking and I just can't go there. *smiles*

Any suggesstions on how to make what I think could be a fantastic and incredible vacation actually work logistically without loosing my mind, having to be "rideless" or consider hitch-hiking to get where I need or want to go?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

T.

1 Answer May 15, 2005 at 1:57 AM
    • msazadi's Profile Photo

Carless on Pender

by msazadi Online Now Sep 8, 2003 at 1:43 PM

I will be spending three days on N Pender Island and wonder how easy it is to get around without a car. I am ok with walking a mile or two for anything, but then there's another leg coming back.... Also, has anyone taken just a day trip FROM Pender into Victoria and back? And yes, I am studying those BC Ferry pages like a hawk!

6 Answers Sep 16, 2003 at 5:12 AM