North Myrtle Beach Travel Answers

change location

weather

by greever Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 4:48 AM

I am wondering about the weather . I am getting married next april and i am concerned about if it will be cool. will anyone be able to get in the ocean
any help would be great Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: weather

by claudiab Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 5:52 AM

April should be warm during the day - daytime temps in the 70's and 80's. The ocean water temperature will still be cold by South Carolina standards but some folks from northern areas do venture in. Spring in SC is absolutely beautiful - the flowers are in bloom, the temp is about perfect for golf, bicycling, kayaking, etc. Of course, it is spring, so rain is a possibility.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Re: weather

by Tom_In_Madison Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 5:50 PM

I was there in late march and it was too cold to swim, not that warm for even sunbathing. Water may be too cold for any length in April. But it's probably the best time for a wedding there, won't be unbearably hot. Good luck with it. NMB is a great spot for it.

by foodietravels Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 6:38 PM

I have been there at that time of year and the water is a bit too cool at that time, but I agree with it being the best time of the year for a wedding.

by gonefishinII Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM

April is a great time to visit. The ocean is too cool for most but I've seen a lot of people in it the last 2 Aprils on warm days. Many resorts have heated outdoor pools and some have indoor pools too. In my opinion, April, May, September and October are the best times in the Grand Strand, without the summer rush that all beaches are known for.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines