North Korea Travel Answers

change location

Questions about North Korea...please answer if you can.

by therisinggodsoftheea Online Now May 13, 2009 at 6:25 AM

1. In what year did North Korea allowed tourists to visit their country?
2. Is North Korea Jus Soli or Jus Sanguini?
3. If your parents have different nationality and you were born in North Korea will NK still allow you to get out of their country?
4. Can you study in North Korea in Collage even though you've got different nationality?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Questions about North Korea...please answer if you can.

by DSwede Online Now May 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I can only answer #1 and #4.
    #1 - North Korea allows tourists to visit every year.
    #4 - No, there is not a possibility to study in Pyongyang. They may make exception for Chinese national.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rafi.of.gali.gali's Profile Photo

by rafi.of.gali.gali Online Now May 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Attempted replies:

1. Tourism as we think of it has not yet been stablished in North Korea. Groups of tourist visit the country regularly (in strict limited numbers) I think from the beggining of the 90's.

2. I don't think it's applied those principles in North Korea, since the demarcation line was set by other countries in 1945. The korean culture spans centuries and centuries. Still, these days if you are born in North Korea, you stay in North Korea. (and that answers your 3rd question)

4. I don't know.

• Re: Questions about North Korea...please answer if you can.

by oznztofro Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 8:58 AM

ACTUALY. north Koreas that play sport do leave the country

I mean in 1966 the DPR Korea qualified for the world cup in England. they sent a team that made the quater finals

some 36 years later they found 9 of the surviving players & made a documentary of them

North Korea competes at the Summer & Winter olympics

IF your from an Asian Nation & you get drawn with North Korea your countries football team will have to travel to Pyongyang

And North Korea citerzens do get let outside the countries to places like China from the train. if they wouldnt allow Nth koreans on the train they wouldnt allow to build that train line

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Select people are allowed to travel. Those whom the government views to be stable and not a threat or flight risk. Even for example many of spectators that were at the World Cup this year representing DPRK were actually hired Chinese. I've met a few North Koreans in my time in South Korea and they all have similar stories. But VT is not a political forum, so I'll stop there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular North Korea Travel Answer Locations