North Korea Travel Answers

change location
Niekie's Profile Photo

Looking for travel companions

by Niekie Online Now May 24, 2008 at 4:41 AM

To all travelers interested in seeing North Korea while we still can!

This year my boyfriend and I are planning to visit North Korea from China. We want to go on a 5-day tour by train from Dandong. The plan is to leave Dandong on August 25. We have found a Chinese tour operator named Brooklyn who will do this tour for EUR 850,- pp, if we can get 6 persons in a group. I found Brooklyn through the lonely planet forum, where he has got good reviews. This is his website:

tmbrooklyn.com.cn/Quotation....

In the email contact we've had, Brooklyn mentioned that he has another couple who want to visit North Korea during that period, who might be interested in joining a larger group. So that would mean that with only two extra persons we can get a very good price!

Anyone who is interested in joining, please contact me in this forum or via virtual tourist mail. I hope to hear from you!

Leonieke

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Looking for travel companions

by orange_dave Online Now Jul 12, 2008 at 10:21 PM

I'll be going with Brooklyn, flying out of Shenyang on the 22nd. I think that was the trip I originally wanted to go on, but I'm American so for some reason there was some problem with that itinerary.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Niekie's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for travel companions

by Niekie Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Hi Dave,

I think we're on the same trip! We didn't find enough people to make the trip we originally wanted cost effective, so we decided to join the tour from Shenyang. We fly to Pyongyang on August 23rd. I think you must be part of the other couple Brooklyn mentioned. Wow, what are the chances that we would "meet" like this! Maybe we can have email contact before the trip so we can get an idea of who our travel mates are going to be. I'll send you an email as well.

Niekie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular North Korea Travel Answer Locations