North Korea Travel Answers

change location
GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Transsib question: any better deal than 100 EUR roundtrip from/to Solvakia to/from China/N.Korea?

by GyuriFT Online Now Oct 12, 2006 at 5:36 PM

The best deal I know cirrently is 100 EUR train round-trip from/to Bratislava (Slovakia) to any station in Russia, including Vladivostok, Chinese/Russian border town of Zabaikal'sk/Manzhouli, Mongolian/Russian border town of Naushki/Suhebator or Russian/N. Korean border town pair of Hasan/Tumangan.

The 100 Euro ticket is a round-trip for the first person; any further travleelers in the group will receive 50% reduchtion and children 75% reduction form the already low 100 Euro ticket.

Thus, for four adult people the costs for a Bratislava - Vladivostok or a Naushki - Bratislava roundtrip will be 100 + 50 + 50 + 50 = 250 Euro. This price includes all services and surcharges on "Firmennyj" trains, even the food in the inclusive service - but not the bed surcharge which can vary from 10 to 50 Euro pro person.

Such tickets outside of Russia for travellers going TO Russia are known as "CITY-STAR". Inside of Russia for the people traveling into Slovakia, Bulgaria, Germany, Belgium, Serbia these tickets are known as "Bilet po fiksirovannomu tarifu Ekonomnaia Cena", but on the ticket itself the Russian Railways usually print "CITY-STAR".

Questions:

1) Does anyone know a better deal?
2) Does anyone know about a similar deal between Russia and Serbia? The site of Russian railways does mention, such deal does exist, but there is no price information.
3) If somebody did travel on "Ekonomnaia Cena" ticket from Russia or on "CITY-STAR" ticket into Russia - please contact me. I collect the pictures/scans of such tickets!

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular North Korea Travel Answer Locations