North Korea Travel Answers

change location

questions for visiting DPRK

by tanchengyan Online Now Apr 13, 2005 at 6:04 AM

hi everyone,

anyone can advise me on the following:

1 attire- wearing round-neck t-shirts with pictures on them are alright with NK authorities? pictures of animals or cars. what about wearing jeans?

2 power point in NK hotel, what sort of power point they use? a need to charge camera batteries

3 taking pictures of yourself next to a NK soldier in uniform at DMZ, is this alright, with permission from your guide of course.

4 taking pictures of the airport itself? with permission from guides?

will be visiting NK in June 2005. from Singapore. my tours costs about SGD2600.

thank you for your replies.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • olddude's Profile Photo

RE: questions for visiting DPRK

by olddude Online Now Apr 13, 2005 at 2:33 PM

Iksnay on the pictures dude, although the pic with the guard is probably permissable. In fact, I wouldn't do anything without your guides permission unless you would like your trip extended. The jeans should be okay, but be careful what pictures are on the shirts. Ask the tour company you are going with about the other stuff.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nmercury64's Profile Photo

RE: questions for visiting DPRK

by nmercury64 Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 3:44 PM

1) Round neck t-shirts with pictures are not a problem unless it has something to do with the U.S.A. or South Korea. Taking pictures of cars is okay, pictures of people riding on the back of trucks is not allowed. Actually I don't remember ever seeing any animals there except maybe birds. Wearing jeans is okay.

2) I'm 90% sure that Yanggakdo Hotel had both 220V and 110V. Pyongyang Hotel had 220V, but I can't remember if it also had 110V.

3) Picture of you and NK soldier at DMZ is no problem.

4) Taking picture of airport while getting out of airplane, is not allowed (flight attendent got upset). I don't know if pictures are permitted inside of airport. The military is the power in charge of all aspects of the airport, including passport/customs inspection and usually pictures and the military do not go well together!!

See my website, North Korea Imports on ebay if you want to buy North Korean produced tourist books or videos before your trip. Have a great time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular North Korea Travel Answer Locations