North Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi from airport?

Petone Jan 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Hello, could anyone tell me the approximate cost of a taxi from wellington international airport to Brittania Street Petone. thank you.

more
    • taxi from airport?

Petone Jan 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Hello, could anyone tell me the approximate cost of a taxi from wellington international airport to Brittania Street Petone. thank you.

2 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

2 days in Welly

Wellington Dec 23, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Hi, this weekend I am going to Wellington and spend 2 nights there (booked a $15 Auckland-Welly roundtrip via Manabus). Estimated time of arrival is around 8am - so I have 6 hours to spend around the city before I can finally check in YHA hostel. My places of interest would be:
      -Cable Car
      -Botanic Garden
      -Weta Cave
      -Te papa
      -Mt. Victoria
      -Cuba Street

For my first day I plan to visit Weta cave and Cable Car/Botanic Garden and then maybe have dinner at Cuba Street. Next day I plan to go to Mt. Victoria (free tour from YHA) and then Te papa.

Would love to hear if you have any suggestions on my planned activities!

Cheers,

Haydee

2 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM
    • kiwi's Profile Photo

Child seats in taxis

Auckland Dec 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I have visitors arriving at Auckland International Airport. They have a child, so how do the taxis do that? If they are on the ramp do they have access to child seats? Thanks for any insight.

11 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    • Pamela castle tirau

Tirau Oct 26, 2014 at 1:53 AM

When was the castle Pamela in Tirau built?

1 Answer Oct 26, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • Tongariro alpine crossing with small kids?

Tongariro National Park Sep 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Hi!
      We'll be traveling in NZ in Jan 2015. We would like to do Tongariro Alpine crossing. We are traveling with our kids, 3 years old son and 8 months baby then. Would it be possible to do the hike by carrying them in backpack where they can sit or is it too hard for us?
      All advice are appreciated! Thank you!

6 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • Hamilton (NZ)- Exchange Student

Hamilton Aug 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hi there,
      Does anyone knows if Hamilton is a great place for an exchange student to go? If the city have many choices of places to go out at night with friends?
      Thanks a lot!!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    • family fun at new year

Auckland Aug 15, 2014 at 6:41 PM

We are new to Auckland having moved here a few months ago from Scotland. We have friends visiting 30th Dec with their children under 10, I am struggling for ideas other than have a BBQ and go to the beach for New Year? the Music festivals look great but as far as I can see they don't seem to be kid friendly...camping is tricky as we wouldn't have enough gear to accommodate all of us. Any suggestions ?? thanks in advance !

1 Answer Aug 15, 2014 at 7:59 PM
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

Driving from Auckland to Mata mata

Auckland Aug 9, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Hi friends!

Kia Ora! Will be traveling for 2 months in NZ this October and the first thing I want to see is the Hobbiton in Mata mata. If say we are driving all the way up there, how long will it take? Is it better to book a hotel somewhere? Do I have to pay fees for entering the place too?

Thank you!

Haydee

12 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Transport options from Mangatepopo to Whakapapa Village

Tongariro National Park Jul 19, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Can somebody please advice on transport options from Mangatepopo to Whakapapa village in the Afternoon in January 2015. I am looking to cut the Northern Circle Hike one day short.

Is there any public transport?
      If not - can I schedule a private transport that picks me up around 4/5pm?

Thanks a lot

4 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
    • How to do the Tongariro Northern Circuit in 3 days/2 nights

Tongariro National Park Jul 17, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I am looking to do the Tongariro NC in January 2015 with my girlfriend. Both of us are moderately fit and have hiked before. After looking at various descriptions of the trek, I am not sure how to split it up. We don't want to rush things and are planning on spending 3 days/2 nights on the circuit, but we cannot do 4 days as this does not fit into our itinerary.

So which huts should we book to have the best possible experience (longer distances on the easier parts of the trek, more time in the rough parts and enough time to take pictures/enjoy the most scenic parts?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    • Troll STroll

Norsewood Jul 13, 2014 at 12:42 AM

What is the cost for visiting the Troll Stroll?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM
    • Tour buses stopping in Tirau

Tirau May 18, 2014 at 7:12 PM

What tour buses stop in Tirau?

1 Answer May 18, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    • Pinnypoona's Profile Photo

Moving to Whangerei soon.....

Whangarei Apr 26, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Hi All. We have recently moved to NZ from the UK and are currently looking at farms around the Whangerei area. Most people we talk to say it is a beautiful place with incredible beaches, friendly people and a relaxed way of life but there are also a couple of negative comments which keep coming up ......... A big drug problem and hostility towards non-locals (especially immigrants!).

I would really appreciate people's honest views and opinions. I fully understand that every town/city has it's problem areas. We have two small boys (4.5 and 3) and I want to keep them safe and away from the problem areas but feel if we aren't accepted by locals and not supported in our work (beef farming) that we will on a plane back to the UK before you can say Tim Tams!

I fell in love with NZ after travelling extensively in 2000 and have visited 4 times since, so we have a good network of friends who are very supportive but they also have heard some negative comments and are concerned we may be choosing the wrong area to settle.

Thank you in advance.

Pip
      X

3 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:34 AM
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Shopping sales in AKL

Auckland Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I'll visit AKL next month and I know there are lots of expensive stuff there. I want to know how often do AKL stores (clothes etc) have sales? Every week? Month? Thank you

11 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    • Accomodation

Cape Reinga Mar 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Hi there back in 2000 i stayed at a place just before Cape Reinga i think it might have been 20mins before cape reinga but i cant find the place we stayed at and i cant remember the hotel / camping place it had a restaurant and little shop on it and we stayed in like a cabin.

please help :)

1 Answer May 23, 2014 at 2:11 AM
    • kbtigger's Profile Photo

bus to Wairere Falls from Matamata?

Wairere Falls Mar 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Is there bus service to Wairere Falls from Matamata?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • place to stay near pier in tauranga

Tauranga Feb 25, 2014 at 4:35 PM

looking for a last minute place to stay in Tauranga. For two nights near the pier for the cruise ship.e
      would appreciate knowing if there are any accommodations near the pier. Is the pier close to downtown

6 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    • Honeymoon must see's/dp

Auckland Feb 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM

My Fiance and I are taking our honeymoon in Carins, Sydney, Auckland, and then Fiji. We will be at each place for about 4-5 days. Is there any suggestions for must sees or must do's in these areas. Also looking for unique romantic honeymoon type things? When we are in Cairns we are scuba diving the great barrier, and in Auckland we are spelunking with waitomo. Other then that any suggestions would be amazing! We are going in the end of May- June so I understand it will be warm in Cairns and Fiji and chilly in Sydney and Auckland. I would really love to go wine tasting in Auckland but haven't found enough information yet?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 1:04 AM
    • iNSECTS in April

Taupo (town) Feb 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM

How are the insects in mid April ?

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Motel Monterey

Rotorua Feb 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Hi, I canot find any contact details for Motel Monterey. I have stayed there a couple of times over the years and found both it's locality and price to be excellent. So, if I cannot book in here, I migh try the Havana Motor Lodge

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    • shastashark's Profile Photo

one day in tauranga

Tauranga Jan 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM

hello! we'll be on a cruise ship and one of the stops is tauranga.

any recommendations on what to see and do there?

thanks!

2 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM
    • shastashark's Profile Photo

one day in wellington

Wellington Jan 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM

hello! we're taking a new zealand cruise in a couple months and one of the stops is wellington.

we're thinking of visiting the wineries in the Wairarapa area.

is there a tour service that anyone can recommend? I also heard that there is a tour with bicycles.

also, can anyone recommend three or four wineries that has good pinot noir?

any information would be helpful... thanks!

1 Answer Jan 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Holiday in Auckland

Auckland Jan 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM

I am planning to visit Auckland for 1 week this April. Can anyone tell what to do and to visit?

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • Petone vs Lower Hutt vs wellington CBS

Petone Dec 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Trying to decide on a family unit when visiting wellington for 3 nights in march.Finding it bit cheaper in petone or Lower Hutt vs inner wellington suburbs esp once they add parking $ and portacot $-are outer regions ok when visiting and also is petone too windy & Lower Hutt better?

3 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM
    • Cape Reinga to Auckland

Cape Reinga Dec 29, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hi,
      I want to do this journey as quickly as possible, overland on public transport. I'll have a bicycle with me.

What are the options, please?

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    • Restaurants

Taupo (town) Dec 23, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I didn't see a review of Waterside Restaurant and Bar in Taupo. I went there last week and it was the best steak I have ever eaten. Worth a look. Are you going to review it?

3 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    • tl1148's Profile Photo

Transportations and eats

Auckland Dec 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Will be arriving late night and staying downtown. What is best way to get there? Also good places to eat.
      Thanks from Texas

15 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    • Best dinner and fireworks sightseeing

Auckland Dec 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Where could be a good location to have a nice dinner on 31 Dec and cosy fireworks sightseeing nearby ? Westhaven Marina is better than Devonport ? Thanks in advance.

• ray_d's Profile Photo

Mobile Internet.

Auckland Dec 4, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I will be travelling New Zealand for 2 weeks in Feburary 2014.

I shall be arriving in Aukland and departing from Christchurch.
      I have a car hired and will be staying in hotles and motels troughout the North and South Island.
      As I will not be sure where I would be staying overnight from day to day I like to book my accomodation through the internet daily.
      For this and other reasons I require mobile internet for which I already have an Australian Telstra "Dongle" and I hope only to buy the relevant SIM and provider service.

Can anyone confirm that New Zealand and Australia run the same Mobile and Mobile Internet networks please?

Is there a kiosk or company that provides such things at the Auckland Airport?
      Thank you in keen anticipation.

R

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    • MenaM's Profile Photo

Best time of year to Visit?

Waipoua Forest Dec 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM

when is the best time of the to visit Waipoua Forest?