change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best place to stay for a short holiday with two kids

Sri Lanka Jul 3, 2015 at 7:55 AM

Hi All,

This July we're travelling to Sri Lanka with two small kids for only 5 days. Yes, I know, it's too short but we want to make the best out of it.

Can anyone advise me what's the best place to stay to see some of the highlights. We would love to see a combination of culture and nature, but want to stay in a hotel at only one place (or max 2).

TIA,

Regards Evelien

more
    • A little knowledge please

Sri Lanka Jul 21, 2015 at 4:26 AM

beruwala weather and places to visit in late august family of 5

more
    • Which provider gives the best coverage?

Sri Lanka Jul 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I have recently subscribed to Etisalat, and the signal strength is quite weak in some parts of Sri Lanka. What's your experience? Airtel any better? BTW, I use laptop and dongle, not those 'smart' phones.

more
    • amarushakur's Profile Photo

Travelling in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Jun 30, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hi me and my friend - will be doing a tour from Negombo-Anuradhapura- Srigiriya-Dambulla-Kandy-Nuwara Eliya-Tissamaharama-Bentola-Colombo -Negombo for approx 8-10 days .If anyone out there would like to join us feel free to drop us a mail at rasta1076@gmail.com. We are getting a van for the tour with experience driver. If anyone of u would like to join us from any of the destination, we welcome too. Our tour starts on 5th July 2015. For more info, feel free to mail us.
      regards
      Kris

more
    • RobHygh's Profile Photo

Family Time

Sri Lanka Jul 15, 2015 at 5:27 PM

We are visiting my wife's family in India, and were looking for a little vacation over in Sri Lanka.
      Can anyone recommend a good, family friendly resort/hotel on the ocean.

more
    • Negombo to Sigiriya by Bus

Negombo Jul 27, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Hi we land at Bandaranaike International Airport at 8am in the morning, We wanted to head straight Sigiriya so we can climb there the next day. from what i can gather you need to head to Negombo and get a bus from there? Could some one please let me know how I make this bus journey to sigiriya and where i need to get buses and times they leave etc. All the information so far has been very vague. Thanks in advance

more

Popular North Eastern Province Travel Answer Locations

• weather in November

Jaffna Apr 27, 2015 at 8:02 AM

hello

we are visiting in early November 2015 and wonder how the weather will be?

will it be rainy all the time?

thank you

4 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 3:56 AM
    • bars & restaurants

Trincomalee Apr 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM

are there great options in trincomalee?

7 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 5:50 AM
    • Day trips from Tincomalee

Trincomalee Mar 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hi there, we are thinking of booking a holiday to Trincomalee. We have never been to Sri Lanka before, so are looking for beach/relaxation, but also to see a few of the amazing site e.g. tee plantation, elephants/wildlife, city and culture etc. are these achievable as day trips from Tincomalee? Thanks

3 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    • Masha_M's Profile Photo

how is the weather in January?

Trincomalee Nov 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Hi, how is the weather in January in Trincomalee and at the beaches on the East coast? I know it's rainy season, but can you still enjoy a nice beach holiday? Are most hotels open? Do people still stay on the beach? Or is it all deserted due to bad weather? Would south coast be much better? Or just a little better?
      Thanks!

7 Answers Nov 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

jaffna to trincomalee

Trincomalee Aug 30, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I am travelling in november 2014 from Jaffna to Trincomalee, what is the best way of transport? any timetables?
      thank you for your time,
      Joan

1 Answer Aug 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • transport from colombo

Trincomalee Jul 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I was wondering how I would find times and book an air con bus/coach from colombo to Trincomalee?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • Accomodation

Trincomalee Jun 12, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Hi all. I am really struggling to find good accomodation in and around the Trinco/Nilaveli area for August. Ideally, we'd like a beach front location, quite secluded and happy to go basic as long as it's clean and has mosquito nets! Our budget is £60pn - does anyone know of anywhere they'd recommend?

2 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    • rberelia's Profile Photo

Night Bus service from Kandy or Kurunagela to Trincomalee

Trincomalee Nov 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM

is there any Night Bus - Luxury or AC - service from Kandy or Kurunagela to Trincomalee. Frequency and time table of the service please
      Regards

3 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Budget Hotel

Jaffna Oct 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM

looking for budget hotel at Jaffna, Trincomalee and colombo

6 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Visiting Nainativu

Jaffna Oct 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

how to reach from India? any ferry service from Rameswaram ( India ) or from any other place ? Can anybody guide me

3 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    • Photographs

Trincomalee Aug 17, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I am looking for someone to take a digital picture of a gravestone in the Trinco Protestant Cemetery. Also to find out if church birth/marriage/death records still exist for the area. Do you know of anyone?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • Family Guest Houses in Trincomale and Kilinochchiya area

Trincomalee Jun 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Hey Guys,

We are planning to visit Tricomalee, Kilinochchiya and Jaffana in late December 2010 to Early Januaray 2011.

We would be grateful if any of you could provide information on family guest houses.

Thank you kindly

Sandya and the family

2 Answers Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    • Nainativu and Accommodation in Jaffna

Jaffna May 28, 2010 at 1:58 AM

How hard is it to go to Nainativu from Jaffna? I heard there is a ferry, and there is heaps of people waiting all the time.. How does it all work? Do you book the ferry and wait for your turn?
      Also how hard is it to find accommodation?

4 Answers May 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    • How long will it take to get to Jaffna

Trincomalee May 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM

How far and how long will it take for us to drive by car from Trincomalee to Jaffna?
      And what is there to see in Trincomalee other than the beaches, and Pigeon Island?

4 Answers May 29, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    • the climete n the specialities in that area

Pottuvil Apr 11, 2010 at 5:37 AM

Wht is da normal waether range n wht are the specialities of this area when compared with other areas in that country???????

1 Answer Apr 11, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    • Advice Needed!! Trincomalee, Batticoloa, Ampara

Trincomalee Feb 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Hey guys,
      My friends and I are trying to plan a trip through the east. We are starting in Kandy and then going up to Trincomalee, then Batticoloa and lastly Ampara and back to Kandy.

I've been trying to figure out how to get from Kandy to Trinco and I've never been more confused. Does anyone know if there are direct buses from Kandy to Trinco or any train service? If not, what are best routes from Kandy to Trinco using public transportation?

I've also been trying to find some budget accommodations in Trinco and it's been pretty much impossible. Does anyone know of places that are around Rs.1000-1500 per night for a double room?

Also, what is the best way to get to Batticoloa from Trinco? Also, is it possible to get from Batti or Ampara back to Kandy or would I have to go back to Trinco to find public transportation back to Kandy?

Sorry for all the questions! Any other advice/tips you have regarding the east coast would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    • looking Holiday house

Trincomalee Dec 22, 2009 at 2:42 AM

We are looking Holiday house for two days.
      Suppose to come with our family members on 27Dec - 28Dec.
      Please let me know.

• supune's Profile Photo

travel by road to Jaffna from the south

Jaffna Jul 10, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Is it possible to get to Jaffna by road? How is the security going that way?

4 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    • to know about batticaloa

Batticaloa Apr 4, 2008 at 10:00 PM

what are the best things in batticaloa?

6 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 2:22 AM
    • is passikudah beach is a greatest in the world?

Batticaloa Aug 19, 2004 at 6:47 AM

where is batticaloa and r there any beaches named passikudah? im at srilanka. i want 2 visit there! but i dont know thew actual place!!1 some body srilankans plz tell abt me! bye,ramana.

3 Answers Dec 15, 2004 at 8:00 AM
    • Nilaveli to Arugam Bay

Trincomalee Jul 20, 2004 at 10:16 PM

Does anyone know the best route to take to travel from Nilaveli to Arugam Bay, and approximately how many hours? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 1, 2004 at 1:09 PM
    • Safety

Trincomalee Jul 15, 2004 at 5:58 AM

I am due to visit Trincomalee at the start of august. I am concerned about safety due to the worsening security/political situation. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice

2 Answers Jul 16, 2004 at 8:07 PM
    • hang's Profile Photo

Travel to Jaffna

Jaffna Jun 1, 2004 at 1:17 PM

How is save travel to Jafna? any hostel recomendations in Jafna? What it is worth to see arround the Jaffna

6 Answers Jul 28, 2004 at 6:04 AM
    • Wadduwa and Kalamata

Trincomalee Jun 1, 2004 at 7:47 AM

I am considering going to either the above in September and wanted to hear from anyone about the local area. For instance, outside the all inclusive hotels is there much going on - restaurants/bars/shops etc.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2004 at 2:36 PM
    • The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

Trincomalee May 8, 2004 at 9:26 AM

Does anyone know whether the Sea Angler's Club in China Bay is open? Is it possible to make reservations? Does it still have motor boats for rod and line fishing? I am hoping to be in Trinco in August with a family of four - and the Sea Angler's Club is where we would like to stay if possible.

5 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • Cheap Accommodation in Trincomalee

Trincomalee Apr 6, 2004 at 12:11 PM

Will be travelling to Sri Lanka in end May-mid June and would like to visit NE Region on low budget. Perhaps stay in local accommodation or nice cheap guesthouse? Any ideas and thanks for this July

3 Answers Apr 23, 2004 at 9:34 AM
    • Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

Trincomalee Feb 24, 2004 at 7:14 AM

I am going to Sri Lanka in July for my honeymoon and wanted to stay in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli for a few days. I wondered if anyone had any hotel recommendations - The Nilaveli Beach hotel doesn't look that great, and I have read mixed reviews, although I understand it is on the most beautiful beach. I was thinking about the French Garden Guesthouse (maybe a bit basic????) or the Club Oceanic. Has anyone stayed in any of these? Any advice much apprecitated!! Emma

5 Answers Mar 24, 2005 at 7:47 PM
    • hiring a car from trinco to the airport

Trincomalee Oct 14, 2003 at 10:12 AM

a group of us are planning to visit Trinco in December. One person will need to get back to the airport the next day. Is it possible to rent a car and driver from the Nilaveli Beach Hotel for the return trip for one person? Is it safe? Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 21, 2003 at 10:21 AM
    • Mick_B's Profile Photo

Wadduwa

Trincomalee Jun 23, 2003 at 12:12 PM

We are going to wadduwa in September, I have read all the forum messages and this place is never mentioned, is it ok here or have we made a mistake. Are the beaches ok or is it better in the south. Thanks Mick

3 Answers Jun 29, 2003 at 6:35 AM
    • Crowther's Profile Photo

Diving

Trincomalee Jun 6, 2003 at 8:21 AM

What diving is available on the east coast, Trincolmallee to Batticola

1 Answer Jun 9, 2003 at 1:53 PM