North Dakota Travel Answers

change location
RMath's Profile Photo

Road trip to ND

by RMath Online Now Aug 10, 2003 at 1:26 PM

We live in Oregon and are looking to see the Bad lands, Any other things that are a must see and anything we should know. Thanx Rick Weather? Critters? ect

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Road trip to ND

by tanya_jade Online Now Aug 10, 2003 at 10:14 PM

I was in the North Dakota Bad lands about 2 and a half weeks ago and it was an amazing experience. It was really really hot when I was there (in the hundreds) but we still got a lot done. There are a lot of quaint little touristy things in "downtown Madura" and you should definitely see the Musical which I believe is on every evening in summer. A drive through the Badlands Park is a must.. you should definitely see a herd of buffalo..its mating season at the moment so the buffalo are all out in the open. Also, make sure you do the horse trail...the guides are really informative and go at a comfortable pace. The America Inn was a comfortable place to stay..but was pretty full when we were there. ALso, if you have time you could drive up to Minot (about 2 hours north-east) to the North Dakota State Fair where you can see rodeos as well. Hope u have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RMath's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Road trip to ND

by RMath Online Now Aug 11, 2003 at 5:16 PM

Thank you, We will be there in about 13 day`s. I cant wait. Thanx again

• northdakotan's Profile Photo

I tell ya what..

by northdakotan Online Now Mar 29, 2004 at 1:17 PM

Now, I know we aint got them fancy "disco bars" and "movie theatres" and them really tall buildings like them terrarist fellas ran into, but we got things you fancy city folks don't. Now, I know we might scare off some of them "intellectural" type folk, but we got what made America great. We got good ol' folk who work hard and don't complain none, like them latey drinkin, newspaper readin, CNN watchin librul types in the cities. I tell ya what, they all jus wanna git rid of Jesus in our schools, kill babies, and wine about our godly president. I tell you what, them fellers need to start eatin som meat. See, here in North Dakota, we raise our childs on a strict diet of potatas and red meat. We don't like none of them athiest vegan diets, which are the workins of the devil. Ya see, it's pretty clear to us that them kinda diets can only lead to whinning, talking back to parents and so called "free thinkin." What them fellers need to do is git back to thar roots, accept Jesus, and quit questioning our annointed president. Now, on to our great state's landmarks. We gots so many, why..I just loose count sometimes. We gots the inchanted highway, salem sue(a cow fer you city folk), a big buffalo in Jamestown, and a big turtle at Dunseith. Ya see! ya can barely count that on yer hand. So ther ya be, the great state of North Dakota.

• RMath's Profile Photo

Re: I tell ya what..

by RMath Online Now Apr 17, 2004 at 7:58 AM

We had a Great time there. Ate Lots of Red Meat and met friendly floks. Thanx Rick

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular North Dakota Travel Answer Locations