North Carolina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for buddies

North Carolina Mar 25, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Is anyone willing to take a roadtrip across the USA (from North Carolina to Los Angeles) from May til June?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM
    • Greenville, NC restaruants

Greenville Mar 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Names of five (5) restaurants in Greenville, NC that can, and will, accommodate parties of 20 or more comfortably in a private area and have a variety of foods to offer at moderate prices.

• FURNITURE SHOPPING IN THE HICKORY AREA

Hickory Feb 14, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Going to be in the area for 2 days and need to narrow down where to buy a new leather sectional and a few lamp tables. I am looking for a bargain, but top of the line. Any help from anyone gratefully appreciated! Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    • dobrovod's Profile Photo

Cross Country Skiing, Family Friendly Activities

Banner Elk Dec 17, 2014 at 6:29 PM

My family and I are planning to be in the Banner Elk, Boone or Asheville area for New Year's Eve and Day. Are there good cross country skiing trails in these areas, sledding or tubing? What other activities should we consider as a family?

Thank you.

• Southport, NC...Sunrise location

Southport Nov 6, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Are there any locations in Southport where there is a clear view of the sunrise? I really like the area when I came to visit before and wanting to visit this weekend to watch the sunrise...is my main goal!

• Dek39's Profile Photo

Best places to stay in Charlotte

Charlotte Oct 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM

We are looking to spend two nights in Charlotte as part of our trip around the Carolina's & Georgia. Where are the best places to stay in the city? We are looking for somewhere in walking distance of restaurants & bars.
      We will be visiting 23rd - 25th May next year.

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • Best LOCAL food restaurant

Wilmington Oct 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM

where can I find a restaurnat that serves the best LOCAL food ?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM
    • canoeing on New River

Boone Oct 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM

is there a place that you can rent a canoe without having to drive it to the New River? If so where do I do that and what are the prices?

• Dek39's Profile Photo

Places to visit in NC

North Carolina Oct 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM

HI,

We are hoping to visit the Georgia & Carolina's next May. We are hoping to fly into Atlanta and stay for two nights, then we plan to drive to Savannah for 4 nights, after which we plan to stay on the coast around Charleston (SC).

After this We are planning to spend around 6 -7 days in NC. I was thinking about driving up the coast into NC from Charleston and staying on the NC coast for two day. After this we plan to travel across NC to the Great Smoky Mountains stopping off somewhere in between. Does anyone have any tips where to stay for 2 nights on the NC coast, 1 night between the coast and the smoky mountains, and finally somewhere close or in the Great Smoky Mountain where we plan to stay for 3 nights.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

10 Answers Yesterday
    • Does anyone know any good ghost stories in the Smokies?

Great Smoky Mountains National Park Oct 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Are there any good ghost tales surrounding the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee? I love picking up stories to tell around the camp fire.

1 Answer Oct 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    • fox_dog's Profile Photo

Any dog-firendly motels?

Charlotte Sep 27, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Preferably near S intersection of I485 & I77

2 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • Boating / Fishing

Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Sep 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Is the refuge suitable for fishing from a small (16') boat with a 50 hp outboard. I want to avoid very shallow water. I'd appreciate any tips on inland boating and fishing opportunities. Vacationing in Corolla in October.
      Thank You
      Fred

2 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 2:41 AM
    • The Transporter

Wilmington Jul 31, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Has anyone had any doings with this car service? We are in MB, SC area and want to use them to take us to the ILM airport. Thanks.

• Bus transportation

Asheville Jul 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I can't find bus service from Asheville to Knoxville TN. Is there any offering this?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • MartinK35's Profile Photo

Ground transporttion from the International Airport.

Charlotte Jul 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I'm from the United kingdom so please excuse my ignorance but is there any public ground transportation from the Airport to get me to, or near to Radford Virginia. I understand it's about 3 hours by car but I won't have a car.

9 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • does it snow in jan

Boone Jul 22, 2014 at 7:41 AM

someone please help me i have never seen it

3 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    • Changing clothes

Charlotte Jul 17, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Should I wear bathing suit under my clothes or should I pack my bathing suit and towel in a backpack??

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • dog friendly beaufort,nc

Beaufort Jul 13, 2014 at 5:58 AM

are there any dog friendly restaurants/ dog parks in the area?

1 Answer Jul 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Places to visit near the smokey mountains NC

North Carolina Jul 11, 2014 at 6:48 AM

We are planning a trip next year to take in the Georgia and the Carolinas. My initial plan is Fly to Atlanta, then drive to savannah and then to Charleston SC for a week on the coast. After that we woant to take a few days in NC, can anyone recommend any places to visit? I would like to stay near the smokey mountains for 2 days or so. So anywhere between Charleston & the smokey mountains??
      Also I may potentially visit west Virginia, as we intend to fly back from Charlotte.
      Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

7 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • 20 day roadtrip starting and ending in Chapel Hill, NC

North Carolina Jul 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are planning a ~3 week long roadtrip in the South this summer. We're flying down to Chapel Hill and taking a car from there (we're starting in Chapel Hill because I have family there who are willing to lend us their car). We have 20 days altogether, and are a bit overwhelmed. We want to see a lot of places, and my boyfriend's willing to drive for long stretches at once (and overnight), but we also don't want to overload our schedule. How far Southwest do you think is reasonable? My boyfriend grew up in the South but has never really traveled Southwest, so if we could make it into the New Mexico area that would be awesome. But we also realize that might be too far. We were thinking of doing a loop, so going as far South and West as possible and then heading back to Chapel Hill a little more North (i.e. going through Kentucky).

Things we want to do/see: -beautiful countryside number 1--we want to hike, a beach is also always great, maybe even camping -good food
      -maybe horseback riding? And other outdoorsy activities...
      -visit culturally vibrant cities (New Orleans etc.)

I've heard that since we're going to be in Chapel Hill, Asheville is a must. I'm also thinking we should hit up Savannah and New Orleans? If we do make it as far West as New Mexico (assuming we went through New Orleans first) how should we navigate Texas (i.e. what cities are worth making a detour to visit)? Is it unrealistic to think we could get that far West though?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We're planning on nailing down some accommodation reservations, and then figuring it out other times.

Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • about river cruise

New Bern Jul 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM

where would I be able to book a tour for the river boat cruise?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • Vacation rental

Nags Head Jul 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I am seeking oceanfront or semi-oceanfront lodging for the week (or partial week) of Aug 10 or Aug 17,2014. Since there will only be 3 of us, I am looking for a small house, condo or efficiency. I have never been to the outer banks. I know nothing about the reliability of the rental companies Does anyone have any suggestions for a place for us? Thanks

• Carolina Beach, NC

Carolina Beach Jul 3, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Hello - we have booked a room facing the beach at the Dolphin Lane Motel 318 Carolina Beach Ave North, Carolina Beach, NC for the week of 7-14. In looking at the ratings, i'm not sure it's the best place to stay. We want to stay on the beach. It's myself, and my 2 daughters. Do you have any suggestions? We are flying home from the Raleigh airport.
      Thanks - Christine

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • furfurking's Profile Photo

camping on the beach?

Bald Head Island Jun 18, 2014 at 7:06 AM

We were wanting to pitch a tent for a few nights on the beach (no fire, just tent) is this permissible?

4 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    • Where to stay

Bald Head Island Jun 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM

What's the best part of the island to stay? Is there enough activity to keep a 12 year old happy and busy?

• Am flying from Nashville, TN-end destination is Nags Head, or somewhere along that area

North Carolina Jun 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Recommendations where to fly into? How to get to my end destination once I arrive? Best area to visit and stay? Am interested in private house with pool, and beach.

Thanks!!

2 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    • fall color

Great Smoky Mountains National Park Jun 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM

we want to see the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Smokey Mountains; is the best time for fall color early or late October?

2 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • julieann4u's Profile Photo

looking for a special place in north carolina, need help

North Carolina Jun 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I heard my mother use to go to north carolina and be minutes from the beach and minutes from the mountains could someone please give me some ideas because I would really like to go visit this summer

2 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    • Nightlife?

Hatteras May 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Are there good nightlife anywhere in hatteras? Typically around Buxton, and if there is what would be some of the best places and bars? Thank you and hope you hear back from someone soon..

• Travel Time on I-77

Charlotte Apr 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I will be working near Tyvola Rd. in south charlotte. I can get a great deal on a place right outside uptown. What am I looking at in terms of commuting during the week? It is technically 15 miles away.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM