North Bimini Travel Answers

change location

Going to Bimini in May 2003

by DottieB Online Now Sep 2, 2002 at 5:39 PM

Would like any info. about Bimini. Taking our boat across from Miami. What about night life? Grocery stores? Hotels? Restaurants? Dock space? Anything would be helpful.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: Re: Going to Bimini in May 2003

by DottieB Online Now Sep 3, 2002 at 3:40 AM

Thanks for the info. I will look at your web page when you return. Thanks again.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by DottieB Online Now Sep 4, 2002 at 4:25 PM

Sounds like fun. Have you heard of Ellis on the Bay--these are cottages called the Nina, Pinta & Santa Maria. I found them on the internet, but wondering what the place is like. Do you have any idea? Or do you know other people who have been to Bimini that could tell me? Thanks for any info.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Bimini in May 2003

by grandmaR Online Now Oct 23, 2002 at 11:00 PM

I've put all the information I have on my Bimini section, but I see that there are 4 different Bimini alternatives - Bimini Florida, South Bimini, North Bimini and Bimini. Nothing is posted on Bimini, Florida, or South Bimini. I've addressed hotels, marinas, and restaurants. I went into the dockage and motel stuff for my SIL. I think if I were to do it again, I'd stay at Blue Water because it has a pool. Depends on how much water your boat draws. The only time there's a problem with dock space is if there's a fishing tournament. Bring as much water and fuel as you can and all your food with you.

Re: Re: Going to Bimini in May 2003

by grandmaR Online Now Oct 23, 2002 at 11:01 PM

THis is what I wrote my SIL Looks like the 2 best deals are So.Bimini Yacht Club-tie up on a canal for 50 cents/ft - no restrooms showers or fuel. Space for 12 boats shorter than 30 ft. Hotel79/night incl. breakfast. Primarily for divers 242-347-444, fax 347-4511 and Weeches - 70 cents/ft,20 minimum-includes washdown water, and showers. Cash only. Weech's Bayview rooms63/day. Efficiency for 4 for130/day. 242-347-3028 Others- Bim Big Game-25/day up to 30 ft no water or elect.- Rms149/day198 for penthouse. 242-347-3391. Cottages70/night for double. Blue Water Resort- 75 cents /ft30 minimum. pool and showers 242-347-31 Rooms from97.20/day. Rooms at Compleat Angler from68/night 242-3473122. Bimini Bay at north end75 for condos or suites. Doesn't say that they have docks.242-347-2171. Bimini Sands30day up to 30 ft. free water up to 50 gals. Rooms90-$95. Dockage reduced if rentng rooms. (south Bimni) 242-347-3500. Sea Crest 90 cents/ft30/day minimum. 242-347-3071.90/day for a room 2 people- extra people15/day, 2 bedroom suites200, 3 bedroom suites290.

by DottieB Online Now Nov 4, 2002 at 2:03 AM

Does anyone know about or seen the Ellis Bay Cottages? Supposed to be 3 cottages named the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. If so, what do they look like?

Re: Re: Going to Bimini in May 2003

by grandmaR Online Now Nov 4, 2002 at 5:32 AM

I have not seen the cottages. I looked at the website and I do not think I would want to be 2 miles away from the center of town. YMMV

• fredcastello's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Bimini in May 2003

by fredcastello Online Now Feb 8, 2003 at 8:25 AM

We took our Island Packet 31 from Miami to Bimini in Feb of 1997. We left about midnight so that we could have the sun over our backs as we approached the entrance to Bimini which is a bit tricky the first time in and would be very difficult if not impossible to a first timer in the dark. We stayed at Weeches, which is essentially the first dock on your port side when you come in. Not fancy, but very adequate and folks did not bother us or our boat. There are a few grocery stores and enough stuff to do at night. We really enjoyed going where the locals go. Taking a taxi to the extreme north of the island was very worthwhile- The wedding cake house (I assume it is still there). A very beautiful beach there. Got to go to the Complete Angler-where Hemmingway hung out.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near North Bimini