Norrbottens Län

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gift card /voucher for events in karlskrona

Karlskrona Jul 27, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Hey, im looking for a present for a friend (from germany), who is going to study in Kralskrona. I was thinking about something like a giftcard or voucher, for something cool or relaxing to do there. Are there something like a massage salon or a restaurant for blind dates, a obstackle course to run or anything that you think would be cool - for a sporty student in the age of 23 and single (i'm trying to find someone for him).

i need to buy it over the internet (!!!), because im siting in germany, too

more
    • moonshines's Profile Photo

Bike rental in Marsta

Stockholm Jul 19, 2015 at 6:22 AM

Anyone knows where I may rent a bike for a day or so in Marsta? My search has not been successful. Thanks!

more
    • a place to store my luggage

Stockholm Jul 1, 2015 at 2:39 AM

I would need a place to store my luggage while sightseeing in Stockholm
      Should be in the centre of town or at the Central train-station
      Will there be lockers ?

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Hop On Hop Off Buses And Boats

Stockholm Jun 30, 2015 at 5:43 AM

I have received an email with 72 hour combo vouchers. We will be staying at Best Western Beverleys on Drottninggatan. Do I have to redeem the vouchers for tickets at an office or can it be done on any bus and at any stop ? If it has to be done at a ticket office where is it in relation to our hotel ? I have asked the same question via Red Sightseeing web site but I am not making any progress.
      I hope someone can help we two septuagenarians.

more
    • moonshines's Profile Photo

Quick visit to Stockholm

Stockholm Jul 18, 2015 at 12:26 PM

I'll have about 24 hours in Stockholm and would like to know the top 10 things to do within that time frame. Thanks!

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

White Hills’ Magnolia

Stockholm Jul 23, 2015 at 6:39 AM

Hi, how do I find the Vita Bergen magnolia tree at the Sofia Church?
      There must be a statue there, too - the founder of the community, I guess, cannot find that Internet-link again
      I have been there before, but haven’t noticed anything that looks like it.
      Or maybe I just cannot tell magnolia from anything else :)

more
    • How much is a taxi from central train station to Arlanda Airport ?

Stockholm Jun 30, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Hallo, maybe somebody can tell me How much is a taxi from central train station to Arlanda Airport ?

more
    • mnarcelles's Profile Photo

Eurail pass from Stockholm to Paris.

Stockholm Jul 19, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Hello Vters, how long does it take for the train from Stockholm to
      Paris/Lourdes? We have a eurail pass for 15 days consecutive.
      If it is too long trip where do you think I can make a stop overs so
      It will not be too tiring. We plan to start our eurail in Stockholm on Oct 7,to end
      In Switzerland on the 21. Thank you for any suggestions.,would appreciate
      It much.

more
    • Sleeping bag for Sarek in July

Sarek National Park Jun 21, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Hi there!

We are going to Sarek in July and looking for a proper sleeping bag.

As we expect rainy weather, we would choose a synthetic bag (does anyone think differently?)

What comes to comfort temperature, we are not sure, but the warmer the bag, the better for us. Of course, it should be as light as possible.

Does anyone have an experience? Are there any recommendations?

Our options are:

All recommendations are more than welcome.

1 Answer Jun 22, 2015 at 6:23 AM
    • Grocery store near STF Abisko

Abisko Nationalpark Jun 17, 2015 at 7:39 PM

I've read there is a grocery store near STF.... What groceries are available during late December ?
      Are eggs and bread available ? What are the costs of various items ?
      I'm looking to cook my own meals while at Abisko.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2015 at 4:52 AM
    • Car parking in Kiruna

Kiruna Jun 3, 2015 at 1:53 AM

I will participate in this year's Fjällräven Classic and plan to travel to Kiruna by car. Please advise where in Kiruna I can safely park the car for 5 days with rather small budged? Best regards,
      Rumen

5 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    • Kungsleden trip from Abisko to Hemavan July / August 2015.....

Abisko Nationalpark May 27, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Hello there, my name is Richard from Cornwall in England......

Myself & three of my best friends will be travelling to Hemavan in the last week of July 2015.... We're trying to find a secure or sensible place to park & leave our car in or near to Hemavan for a few weeks?....... Also we're searching for information on bus? coach? Or train? Journeys from Hemavan up to Abisko for the four of us plus our backpacks?.....
      Oh & I'm really having differculty finding any information about edible roots? Or plants? Along the Kungsleden trail in summer / autumn? Water & berries & mushrooms I do already know about though...... Oh & fishing :-)
      Many thanks to anyone who can help us please.......

1 Answer Jun 2, 2015 at 2:16 AM
    • Finishing 4 days of hiking in Nikkaluotka, lodging/transportation options

Abisko Nationalpark May 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Hi, my 2 sons (11 and 9) and I are hiking from Abisko to Nikkaluotka in July. We've already booked the huts at Abiskojaure, Alesjaure and Vistas.

When we get to Nikkaluotka (after 34 km day of hiking from Vistas), what do you suggest regarding lodging or transportation to Kiruna?

Thanks,

Roque

2 Answers May 12, 2015 at 10:58 AM
    • NordicTravels's Profile Photo

Abisko National park

Kiruna Apr 26, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Is there a hotel / guest house to stay in the park or ( in early may) nearby? Any local foods, dishes, ingredients, i should try? A sami place to dine would be awsome, Must activities u recommend? Is there a supermarket ? Are the roads easy to drive in early may, any precautions i need to take?
      Or shall i skip Abisko national park n visit Karesuando instead? For local dinning ,sights, activities?
      Cheers!

4 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 10:25 PM
    • Abisko to Nikkaluokta, still snowy in early april?

Abisko Nationalpark Mar 13, 2015 at 2:08 AM

Is Abisko national park, still snowy in late march - early april?

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 12:38 PM
    • Moskitos on trails

Abisko Nationalpark Mar 9, 2015 at 10:43 AM

When is the best date to leave on the trail given that you walk 28 days and you want to avoid moskitos and snow?

7 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 6:27 AM
    • Cheshman's Profile Photo

About Lulea

Luleå Jan 18, 2015 at 5:14 AM

I would appreciate if you give me some information about the matters I should expect of moving to Lulea as a PhD student in Lulea University of Technology, from Iran. Actually I want to know more about this city.

Thanks

3 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    • Cheapest way to experience Northern Lights?

Norrbottens Län Jan 15, 2015 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I'm a student planning on visiting Sweden to see the Northern Lights on Jan 22, 2015. Does anybody have advice as to the cheapest way to plan this trip?
      Should I do an aurora photo tour from any of the companies I found online (Lappland Media, Lights over Lapland) because they seem pricey but are they worth it?
      Which hotels should I look into?
      Are there towns/ lodging where I can see the Northern Lights without having to visit Abisko Skystation?

Thanks!
      Sam

3 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    • Cheshman's Profile Photo

About the Weather

Luleå Jan 9, 2015 at 9:01 PM

I am going to study in Lulea University of Technology. Actually I am afraid of the winters. I heard Lulea is a dead city in winters which lasts to eight months. Is that such terrifying as I imagine?

7 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 8:43 PM
    • owlwood's Profile Photo

Minimum stay in Kiruna

Kiruna Dec 27, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking about briefly visiting Kiruna, only to see the Northern Lights. I will be in Sweden around 6/02/2015 and 9/02, would you recommend to stay longer than 1 day in Kiruna, or will it be enough and would I certainly see the lights during 1-2 days?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kristina

13 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 4:03 AM
    • Lexiworks's Profile Photo

Staying in Bjorkliden

Kiruna Dec 17, 2014 at 1:23 AM

What is the best way to get to Bjorkliden from Kiruna on a Friday evening? Are there many taxi companies or is it just one that has a monopoly on the market?

1 Answer Dec 17, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • Kungsleden in December

Abisko Nationalpark Dec 16, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Hello, I'm in the UK and am thinking of hiking the Kungsleden late December. So far the websites I have come across don't say anything about December hiking. Are trails closed? Or is it too dangerous to do it then? If I'm not wrong the huts will be closed at this time of the year? Any advice is welcome! If the idea sounds foolish, please do let me know :)

11 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 4:22 AM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Travelling to Pitea

Piteå Dec 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Hello. I am planning to travel to Pitea. As I understand there is an airport i Lulea. Is there any bus one can take from this airport directly to Pitea?

3 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Snowshoe/crosscountry skiing in November

Abisko Nationalpark Oct 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I'm travelling with some friends to Abisko in november and we want to snowshoe and crosscountry ski there, but we were wondering how difficult it is, and if the kungsleden was still praticable. Also how does the lack of sunlight affect the visibility, and the "hiking" time.

2 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM
    • Is the bus service open on 25th Dec (Christmas) from Kiruna to Haparanda?

Kiruna Oct 16, 2014 at 2:27 PM

We are planning a trip which requires to take a train from Abisko to Kiruna on the 24th Dec, Christmas Eve, and take a bus from Kiruna to Kaparanda to cross the border and finally reach Rovaniemi. Are the public transport open on 24th and 25th Dec? We have booked most of our hotels so the dates are pretty much fixed.

Thanks you very much in advance for your help.

3 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:38 AM
    • penny_g's Profile Photo

Kiruna vs. Abisko for Northern Lights

Kiruna Oct 15, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Hi there! Planning travelling to Kiruna in January to see the NL, I will have 3 or 4 days at disposal, so there might be the chance to take the train to Abisko. I'm aware that NL are never guaranteed to be seen (I myself couldn't see them in Lulea 2013 and Tromso last January).

However, do you know if Abisko has the better chances compared to Kiruna? As far as I know the chances should be equal if weather conditions are there except of light polution in Kiruna maybe.. One explanation why we couldn't see it in Tromso was that it is too close to the sea and temperatures are not as low as inland areas. Nevertheless, that shouldn't be the case for Kiruna and Abisko... right?
      Another question - should I avoid full moon periods (falls on 16 January)?

17 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    • The use of a tent

Abisko Nationalpark Aug 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Hello, my friends and I are planning a trip of a couple of days to the Abisko National Parc. We wondered if we can sleep in a tent wherever we want or are there areas in the parc where this is forbidden? (Maybe this is a rather silly question, but it's the first time we plan something "adventurous" like this).

3 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • funciassa's Profile Photo

from Kiruna to Abisko

Abisko Nationalpark Aug 1, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Hello, after many changes of plan, I decided that I arrive in Kiruna mid-October and would like to take a rental car to go to Abisko, which is my goal, hoping to see the northern lights .. can anyone tell me that I find climate and what kind of roads are there? Thank you

1 Answer Aug 1, 2014 at 7:41 AM

from Kiruna to Abisko

Kiruna Aug 1, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Hello, after many changes of plan, I decided that I arrive in Kiruna mid-October and would like to take a rental car to go to Abisko, which is my goal, hoping to see the northern lights .. can anyone tell me that I find climate and what kind of roads are there? Thank you.

4 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • Travel from Abisko to Nikkaluokta

Abisko Nationalpark Jul 25, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Hi, first time posting, so hope someone can help...

We are getting a hire car from Stockholm airport and driving up to Nikkaluokta and trekking from there to Abisko along that stretch of the Kungsleden. As we are planning to leave the hire car in Nikkaluokta during our trek, we need a way of getting back to Nikkaluokta from Abisko after the trek.

So my question is this, does anyone know if there is a way of getting directly to Abisko from Nikkaluokta?

I've heard about a bus that runs once a day between the two, but haven't been able to find any info about it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 25, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • transport to Björkliden

Kiruna Jun 20, 2014 at 6:50 AM

when we arrive at Kiruna airport in the afternoon, the last bus and train will have left for Björkliden. Are there other possibilites for travel than the very expensive taxi (1995 SSK)?

from airport in Kiruna

Kiruna Jun 2, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Hi, I do not know where to look,
      My friend and I would like to come to Kiruna 21 to 24 October 2014 landed at Kiruna airport and we should get to the city, or better still, the area of PUOLTSA.
      we do not want to take a rental car, how can we get up to the and then go back?
      is there any taxi that you can already book via the internet? thank you very much, Martina

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
    • laundry services?

Luleå May 27, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Hi, I will be arriving in Lulea with my family for a couple of days this July. We will be coming straight from wild camping and I expect that we will have lots of very smokey clothes that need washing. Can you recommend a launderette where we can get a load of washing done, please? Preferably full service, but we can do our own if needed.

Thanks

4 Answers May 28, 2014 at 12:33 AM
    • Can i rent a car at the lulea train station?

Luleå May 20, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Can i rent a car at the lulea train station?

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • Bringing a wood burning stove?

Abisko Nationalpark May 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Hey guys.

I'm planning a trip to Kungsleden. My plan is to walk the whole trail during june. Normally when I hike, I bring a lightweight wood burning stove and collect fuel before I reach camp.
      I've been reading about the area, and there is often mention of birch forrest and vegetation in the valleys. Now I'm wondering if it will be possible to use my wood burning stove on this trail, or I should rely solely on my backup gas stove? Will I get close to forrest or other kinds of fuel every day or every other day? I'm planning on averaging 20 km a day.

Thanks
      /Morten

9 Answers May 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • Kungsleden trail between May 18th to May 24th, 2014

Abisko Nationalpark Apr 23, 2014 at 11:55 PM

My wife and I are experienced backpacker. We are planning a week long backpacking trip to hike Kungsleden trail between the north section of Abisko and Nikkaluokta. The time should be around May 18, 2014 to May 24. We will carry all the camping gears.

I know the transportation could be a problem during that time. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the following questions.

1. I heard there won’t be bus between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta at that time. If our hike finishes at Nikkaluokta, is there a way we can get back to Kiruna Airport?

2. Is there any bus between Kiruna and Abisko during that time? Schedule?

3. Is there any taxi between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta? How about the cost?

4. Do you think if it makes sense to ride a taxi from Kiruna to Nikkaluokta, then hike north to Abisko, then ride a bus (see question #2) to Kiruna airport?

5. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, what will be the condition during that time.

6. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, I assume I have to bring microspike as the hut will be closed at that time and I won't be able to rent crampon? Are snowshoes necessary?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your help.

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Are there day trails in Abisko National Park

Abisko Nationalpark Apr 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I am going to Sweden in July this year and unfortunately don't have time to walk the whole Kungsleden walk. It sounds an amazing area though so would like to go there for at least 2 or 3 days. Are there any day walks in the park that give a good idea of the character/flora/fauna that make a long train trip from Stockholm worthwhile?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    • Hiking from Kvikkjokk to Ritsem

Kvikkjokk Feb 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM

We are planning this hike on the Padjelantaleden trail for late July or early in September. What kind of weather can we expect? Thanks you.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 11:58 PM