change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boras eat sleep going out.

Borås Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Goodmorning
      We are going to walk the Linnemarschen in preperation of the fourdaysmarch in Nijmegen (thats were i live)

In our free time we want to explore Boras.
      So I have a few questions.

1 where can we go out in de evening. (dancing)
      2 where we can eat Swedisch food.
      3 where can we sleep on Sunday for a reasonable price? or is it better to leave the city

on Saterday and go to Gotenburg.
      We have hard floor acomadadion in a sports hall on friday and saterday.

4 we have Saterday afternoon time to explore boras.

We have not much time but we want to get a taste of Boras in that time
      All Tips are welcome.

Greetings Richard

more
    • Racism problems for traveler

Sweden Apr 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Hi
      I'm from UAE, Abudhabi
      I like traveling and meet new friends from the world
      My question is about problems which might Arab tourist face in Sweden. since
      Unfortunately, I read in some of the Tourism Forums that in some cities, such as Malmo and Stockholm Sweden, there are some Arab immigrants or dark-skinned who they cause problems, So they are hated by the local population.
      For the same reason two years ago, I faced problems of racism in Germany when I went there for Tourism and some have thought that I'm from the Kurdish population, who live in Berlin and have a bad reputation.
      So, is there big cities in sweden that have a small percentage of immigrants and racism are nonexistent and where residents are friendly and like to socialize with the tourists?

more
    • Need a help to find a store

Stockholm Apr 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Dear all who live in Södermalm! I'm trying to find one interior/home stuff shop which locates in Folkungagatan (as I remember after my last visit of Stockholm last year). It occupies a corner of the building and the right side of the street if you go from Götgatan.They sell a lot of things (pots, lamps, glass heads and etc).

What's the name of the shop?

more
    • Archipelago Cruise

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Please recommend cruise. Open to lunch/brunch or day cruise. Possibly Drottningholm Palace?

more
    • First Day Itinerary

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We will be landing at ARN around noon and then will check in at the Courtyard Marriott, Stockholm. What will be a realistic itinerary for the afternoon? Among the sights that we want to see in Stockholm are VASA museum, City Hall, Nobel Museum, Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace.

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Safe area ??

Stockholm Mar 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM

During our trip (JUne) to Sweden we intend to stay a couple of nights outside Stockholm (Hägersten) for visiting the city itself by train/metro. The nearest station to our hotel would be Västertorp. Is this area safe to walk back early evening to our hotel, which will take about 10 minutes ??

more
    • Early breakfast?

Uppsala Apr 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM

How early do restaurants open for breakfast during the week? Are there any good breakfast recommendations that open before 7AM?

Thank you!

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Railway/metro tickets

Stockholm Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Intending to travel to/from railway "Västertorp T-bana" to/from Stockholm city.
      - what would be the best/affordable ticket ??
      - can we buy tickets at Västertorp T-bana ??

more
    • Hiking from Kvikkjokk to Ritsem

Kvikkjokk Feb 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM

We are planning this hike on the Padjelantaleden trail for late July or early in September. What kind of weather can we expect? Thanks you.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Snowscooters

Luleå Jan 23, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Is it possible to rent a helmed when we are going with the snowscooter

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 1:31 AM
    • Going from Katterjåkk to Abisko

Abisko Nationalpark Jan 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Hi I'm planning to visit Abisko on the 15th of February from Kattterjåkk. Is it possible to walk or should I take a taxi? How much would that be approximately? The train only goes once in the afternoon and I'd love the see the northern lights in abisko so that's not really an option.

6 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM
    • Northern lights in Abisko National Park

Abisko Nationalpark Jan 13, 2014 at 3:31 AM

How to go to Abisko National Park from Kirona by train?
      Do you think travel by a lady alone safe or not in February?
      Is there any tours run in the Abisko National
      Park?

3 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • bus in feb

Kiruna Dec 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM

hi...is there any bus that goes from kiruna airport to abisko in feb 9th and back on 11th feb?thank you. :)

6 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Northern Lights, possible to just drive and see them?

Kiruna Dec 15, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Hi, my wife and i will visit the Kiruna region in March 2014 and will hire a car to get around

Therefore rather than spend money on a northern lights tour, is it possible to just drive and find a place to view the lights (obviously away from city lights)?

Can anyone recommend a good location for this?
      Thanks

dave

9 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 8:20 PM
    • Things to do in Kiruna

Kiruna Nov 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Hi
      I want to visit Northern Sweden to see the Northern Lights in late Feb/early Mar 2014. I had intended spending 10 days to try to ensure that I had a good chance of seeing at least one good display. Is spending 10 days to much?
      I need to find something to do during the days. I have been looking at the prices of tours in Kiruna and they appear to be very expensive. I maybe able to take one tour. Are there other activities that can be done alone and safely e.g. hiking, shoe-shoeing? Is it possible to jump on some form of public transport and go somewhere just for the ride and scenery?
      Are there tour companies that I should steer clear of?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.

Thanks

2 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    • Abisko train

Abisko Nationalpark Nov 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hello i am in Berlin Germany.
      and i already order the hotel in STF.Abisko Which from 22 Dec 2013 till 24 Dec.2013 Two persons,,,,But the problem is there is no any train from Stockholm to there durning 21th Dec...Whole of the ticket is sold out, also the airplane time is not suitable.....So what could i do? cancel the hotel booking?......That's too bad.
      is there any share cars website in Sweden? or i could take the bus ??
      Thanks very much

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • No Question Title

Abisko Nationalpark Oct 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Do u think it worth visiting abisko np for the day in jan staying 6 nights in kiruna and is there public transport

2 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    • Renting equipement

Abisko Oct 22, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Hello

I will be in the Swedish Lapland, in Abisko, in January and I will need ski and / or snowshoes.

Where could I rent that???
      And are there price reductions for STF members???

thanks for the reply!

Tibo

2 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    • Renting equipement

Abisko Nationalpark Oct 22, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Hello

I will be in the Swedish Lapland, in Abisko, in January and I will need ski and / or snowshoes.

Where could I rent that???
      And are there price reductions for STF members???

thanks for the reply!

Tibo

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM
    • MFAMILY's Profile Photo

Chasing the northern lights on our own

Kiruna Oct 2, 2013 at 1:22 AM

My family and I will be in Kiruna, hotel Scandic, from Dec 30th until Jan 3rd. We have already planned a night out on dogsled on the 30th and New Year's Eve dinner in Camp Ripan. Fot the remainder 2 nights we plan on going further to Abisko and/or around Kiruna and try to chase the lights on our own. I have some questions, though.
      1. is the road to Abisko safe for inexperienced snow driving people?Are there gritters clearing the road frequently? Driving is what scares me the most. Had a scary experience once nearTromso, so I figure roads may be similar here (narrow...)
      2. are there any favorite dark enough spots to park a car safely and put the tripod and camera? Can anyone point out a few? We considered taking a guided northern lights tour to shoot some pictures, but I find them a bit overpriced for something that we probably will be able to do on our own, with good guidance from people here at VT.
      3. Can we ride the chairlift at Abisko without joining a visit to the Sky Station, which is already fully booked for our dates? Do we have to buy chairlift tickets in advance or just show up and buy them on the spot?
      4. We shall expect dark the whole 24 hours of a day, on the given dates, correct?
      Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Maria

10 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    • apartment rental

Kiruna Sep 26, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I would like to rent apartment which can allow 5 adults(include 1 female and 4 male) to stay for at least 20 days since Oct. 1st, 2013, so 3 sleeprooms with 5 beds are required, where can I find one as described above. Thank you.

• 3 days Trip to Kiruna in October

Kiruna Sep 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Hi,

We have planned to come to kiruna in October. Can you please suggest us what trips we can take in month october in kiruna ? If possible, kindly provide us the links of what we can take ?

2 Answers Sep 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    • Alokjuneja's Profile Photo

Place in abisko with highest chance of seeing northern light

Abisko Nationalpark Jul 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I will be visiting abisko from 3-6 oct'13. Thinking of staying in hostel through abisko.net instead of tourist lodge.
      Is there equal chance of seeing northern light from village abisko and tourist station. Should we take a local guide ? And other suggestions , I really want to see northern lights :)!

5 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

forums

Sarek National Park Jul 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Hi.

i am heading to the sarek national park in mid to late august to trek through the park. i was going with 2 friends who now look like there going to pull out. im coming from australia and dont want to miss this opportunity but at the same time due to the potential treacherous weather conditions of the arctic circle am a bit concerned to do this solo.

therefore im looking for a website or forum where you can possibly find other hikers to do the trek with as being a experienced hiker dont wish to go on a guided tour.

cheers

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • PRIVATE COACH SERVICE FOR A GROUP OF 20 HEADS

Abisko Nationalpark Jul 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Hi...Need a caring advice please. We're a group of 20 heads from India have planned to be in Kiruna in early nov'13 as we are told that the maximum possibility of viewing Northern Lights in 2013. We may stay for a couple of day in Kiruna and want badly to visit Abisko for a full day trip...particularly from afternoon and would come back to Kiruna late night. Need a help to design a trip with a Coach to Abisko to explore and come back. Need advice in all respective areas, please.
      Regards,
      Pinaki Mitra
      E: pinakimitra.pinku@gmail.com

5 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    • Kiruna railway station to kiruna airport

Kiruna Jul 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I am arriving from narvik tomorrow at kiruna rly stn by 1330 h
      Any buses to kiruna airport
      My flight to stockholm is at 1600 hrs

1 Answer Jul 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

sleeping bag

Sarek National Park May 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM

hi. just wondering if a -5 sleeping bag is enough for the sarek in early september. im thinking a -10 to be sure but some views would be appreciated.

cheers

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    • bus or taxi connections

Abisko Nationalpark May 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Hi,

We would like to hike the kings trail. THe only problem is that we are short in time an we have only 5 or 6 days, wich will not allow us to go from abisko to nikkaluokta, then take bus from nikkaluokta to kiruna, and another bus back to abisko (where our car might be standing).
      Has anyone an idea what the best possibility is to get back in Abisko in a 5 or 6 days time span?
      Walking in a circle or taking a bus/taxi somewhere (and where?:))?

Thank you really much!
      Maarten

2 Answers May 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    • ssebugz's Profile Photo

Help in Stockhom

Luleå Apr 15, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Hello,
      It will be my first time to come to Stockholm and i will stay between 16th to 24th April, can any one advise me about some interesting places to vist. I also want to see Stockholm at night.

4 Answers Apr 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    • Lulea-Kvikkjokk, Jäckvik-Lulea

Luleå Mar 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM

We would like to travel from Lulea to Kvikkjokk (24.08.2013) and from Jäckvik back to Lulea (we must arrive Lulea on September 2, until the evening); what would be the best schedule with train / bus ?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    • orke's Profile Photo

8 days at Kiruna area

Kiruna Dec 16, 2012 at 6:04 AM

hi
      me and my husband will be at kiruna march 21-30
      first 3 days we will be driving to Luleå and taking ice breaker tour
      then for the remaining 5 days we can drive and do whatever we wish
      we want to do snowmobile safari, dog sledding , ice climbing and such and were thinking about staying around abisko park or at Björkliden (and combine a day of ski guide as well)
      the lodge at abisko is not available for these dates - any other recommendations for nice hotel (must have private bathroom) ?

also since we will have our own car we can spend those days wherever (reasonable distance) that can offer those services and we can watch northern lights from (hopefully) - so will it be worth driving to Narvik for example? or to any other place in Norway?

thanks

• About bus service from Kiruna to Abisko in December

Abisko Nationalpark Sep 30, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I can't find any information about the bus timetable in December from Kiruna to Abisko.

Is there any bus service for this route?

December 29, 2012: Kiruna to Abisko

• May Kungsleden hiking

Abisko Nationalpark May 4, 2012 at 4:01 AM

I suddenly get some free time. I'm thinking to do hiking (Abisko-Kungsleden) during mid May. Please let me know the condition of the trail and weather condition: is it icy? do I need crampons? do I need ski? could i rent the ski at abisko and return it in kungsleden? how much? how cold at night? What kind of dangers during the trek? i have a tent for up to -8C. Are the mountain stations open? What are the prices at this time of year?

Could you advise any alternative hikes?

2 Answers May 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    • A Cosy Hotel in Kiruna, Sweden?

Kiruna Apr 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I am looking for a cosy hotel in Kiruna. Any ideas?

1 Answer May 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    • Travelling from Kiruna to Abisko

Abisko Nationalpark Jan 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me.

I'm planning on visiting Abisko from Kiruna on the 1st of March 2012, and leaving on the 4th of March.
      I'm flying in from London and arriving at 1pm. Will I be able to make it for the train from Kiruna C to Abisko Turiststation at 2pm? Are there alternatives for travelling from Kiruna to Abisko on the 1st of March? I would gladly appreciate some help!

1 Answer Jan 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    • HasIq's Profile Photo

Distance to North Pole

Abisko Jan 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Hey hello all,

I am heading to Abisko soon and I just wanted to ask for my information, does anyone know how far from Abisko is the north pole? Just want to know how close I would be to the northern most point of Earth. Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    • seeking roommate in ice hotel, Jan 26, ice room

Kiruna Dec 12, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I plan to stay in Ice room, on Jan 26th. But now, there is only 2 bed room available.

I wanna find a people to share the room with me.

mail: qiaoming@yeah.net

me:
      male
      no snore

1 Answer Dec 13, 2011 at 5:24 AM
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Travelling around kiruna

Kiruna Dec 5, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Hello.
      Me and a friend will be in kiruna for a day and will be staying at the ice hotel. It seems that tour packages offered are quite expensive.

We were thinking of going to Sámi Siida - Reindeer park and Sámi camp or the Unground mine museum. How do we travel from the hotel to these places and how far is it? We also would like to ride on snowmobile too.

Is there any way we can go to these places using snowmobile?

Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 5, 2011 at 7:00 AM