Normandy Travel Answers

change location
noshipsherlock's Profile Photo

car rental and billets

by noshipsherlock Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM

What rental car companies are available at the Bayeux rail station or near it? Which ones are available at Caen rail station if Bayeux doesn't work?
Which companies are your recommendation costwise?

And what are your recommendations for non hostel B&B type place to stay for two nites in that area reachable with that thusfar elusive rental car?
Thanks folks !!
Raf

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: car rental and billets

by Beausoleil Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 9:35 PM

You might be interested in the Battlebus Tours. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R...

I've been looking for rental cars in Bayeux, and AutoEurope does rent in Bayeux but appears to be a distance from the train station. I suppose you could take a taxi or perhaps they would pick you up. It might be easier to rent in Caen and drive to Bayeux. It's an easy drive on good roads and might make renting a car much simpler. (On the other hand, I haven't checked rental agencies in Caen yet. I wanted you to have some of the fun. LOL)

I know you have this info but for others reading this, here are two places to check for B&Bs or quaint hotel lodging.
    gites-de-france.com/gites/uk... (check gites de charme)
    http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/ (type Bayeux into the Search window)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kathymof's Profile Photo

Re: car rental and billets

by kathymof Online Now Oct 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM

There is a Hertz Car Rental at a Total petrol station on Route de Vaucelles in Bayeux. It is about a 7-10 euro cab ride from the train station. I don't know if there are any other car rental places.

I stayed at a nice B&B a bit out of Bayeux. Here is the link gibert.eric.free.fr/index.ht...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines