Norfolk Island Travel Answers

change location
Heather23's Profile Photo

Rental Cars

by Heather23 Online Now Sep 6, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Hello. Just wondering if you knew of any rental car companies in Norfolk Island that you would reccommend?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • CAFFEEKAY's Profile Photo

Re: Rental Cars

by CAFFEEKAY Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Hi, lots of the accommodation places on Norfolk include car rental in their packages. I was there in May and stayed at the Aloha Regal and had a fantastic time. Lots to see both scenic and historic, lots of shopping but don't expect a raging night life. A car is a must as it's pretty hilly and a car makes it so much easier to get everywhere. Any more I can help you with just yell..
    ciao, Cathie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Heather23's Profile Photo

by Heather23 Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Thanks so much for you're help. I hadn't thought of getting it with my hotel package.

• CAFFEEKAY's Profile Photo

by CAFFEEKAY Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 7:09 PM

Hi Heather

Have you decided yet on your accommodation on Norfolk? I made a mistake on where I stayed, it was the Hibiscus Regal which was just right for me and included a rental car in the package. Don't expect the latest model car but since it's a small place and the speed limit is 50 km/hr (plenty considering the roads) you don't need anything fantastic. There's no need to worry about locking cars as the island has a very safe feel about it, I found it a bit weird at first but then you aclimatise very quickly and it's all a bit of fun really. Just remember your Rego as friends of mine almost headed off in the wrong car ! ! cheers, Cathie

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Norfolk Island Travel Answer Locations