Norfolk Island Travel Answers

change location
spitball's Profile Photo

Norfolk Island, South Pacific

by spitball Online Now Jan 1, 2006 at 9:38 PM

Has anyone out here ever travelled to the small island of Norfolk in the South Pacific?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Jan 1, 2006 at 10:02 PM

My friends mother lives there, and is from one of the famous families. I'm trying to get her to join VT. No help to you though sorry :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • spitball's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Norfolk Island, South Pacific

by spitball Online Now Jan 1, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Yes, you've been trying to get her to join about as long as I've been trying to get a good friend to join. Ah, they don't know what they are missing.

• plattini's Profile Photo

RE: Norfolk Island, South Pacific

by plattini Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 2:50 AM

I spent a few days there on business which was enough. Firstly it is very small and only has a population of about 2,000. It is quite scenic but it doesnt take long to see everything. There is no nightlife but a few decent restuarants. They have a saying on the island that the only tourists they get are newly weds and nearly deads.

• kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 11:53 AM

Drunk again LOL ;-)
    (sorry Mum)

• kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 11:59 AM

I knew that ;-)

• RE: Norfolk Island, South Pacific

by buzz71 Online Now Feb 1, 2006 at 4:33 PM

I lived on Norfolk in '87 '88 and 1989. It was a fantastic experience. The place is truly beautiful ... i would watch the sunrise on the eastcoast of the island and watch the best sunsets i have seen on the westcoast. It's an interesting place full of history and the locals are real gems.Go have a squizz if u get the chance.

• kiwikaz's Profile Photo

RE: Norfolk Island, South Pacific

by kiwikaz Online Now May 7, 2006 at 5:30 PM

Hi I use to live there My mum is an islander and we are from the Quintal family, one of the guys that mutineed the bounty. It is a fantastic place, very laid back and slow, good place to relax. Heaps of history, and the locals are one of a kind and very proud of the island. No power probs when i was there, though there is no street lights, but does that matter, Cows have right of way on the roads and the potholes in the roads are awesome, great duty free shopping, if you want perfume they have the biggest range in australasia and the cheapest prices. They have best toy shop, Lego is so cheap, food is a bit pricy but hey it has to be shipped in, Fishing is awesome if you can get out on a boat, now that is an experience in itself, as the Island has no safe place to launch a boat the boats are lowered by crane into the water off the end of the jetty with motors running, once it hits the water its off, same thing coming in, awesome to just watch. they have a beautiful beach which is like a lagoon and protected by a reef. If you are thinking of going there do it is great.

• spitball's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Norfolk Island, South Pacific

by spitball Online Now May 21, 2006 at 11:36 AM

I hope to get here, the reason I brought up this topic, is because my daughter is growing up here. I've not met her yet, but hopefully one day. I do get photo's and now they have email at least. Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Norfolk Island Travel Answer Locations